ETRFC - Exit Terminals Ready For Combat (by bionicyardiff)

Treadwheel

• Treadwheel changed the title to ETRFC - Exit Terminals Ready For Combat (by bionicyardiff)

I have noticed that it doesn't seem like the story as described in the short description at the top of the mod actually occurs. I will be sneaking, go to a terminal, stand up after, and it doesn't seem like the enemy notices me unless I perform an action. If I immediately enter back into sneak mode, it seems I may be fine. Now, this is just an observation based off my gameplay which hasn't been heavily focused on sneaking, although I do use it tactically in certain circumstances.

The mod description indicates that while this may solve this in some cases, it causes other similar quirks, so I'm not sure if it will be worth the tradeoff. Typically scripted fixes like this have these kinds of issues, as its difficult to account for all conditions.

I don't remember ever running into this issue either and I am usually sneaking to try to avoid drawing the attention of e,g, every Raider in Corvega. I should also note that I usually clear the surrounding area before looping back to access the terminal so this is unlikely to apply to my play style in most cases assuming this can happen. I certainly wouldn't sneak past Jared to read the terminal while he is potentially in eyeball range.

I definitely haven't noticed anything like the stealth breaking they allude to either, the benefit I see is just my annoyance at having to remember to crouch again every time I leave a terminal.

I've been playing with it for a few days and haven't run into the bug that puts you into the stealth mode when you'd entered the terminal from a normal state, but I can understand not wanting to risk it's inclusion for such a small QoL change.