Empty Area Of Tundra - Grass Not Rendering

5 minutes ago, mooit said:

It actually wasn't random people, it was one of the staff here on the forum telling me this.

Ok on installing it in 1.5.97

I attached the files here, if someone can have a look, because I set them both up as by the guides.

So I don't get why the grass cache folder is empty when I try to generate it with it installed... hmm ;/

For all I know, it could have been ME long ago before I actually began really using GCF ... the same is true for any of our staff other than DoubleYou.

Also, note that the Grass LOD Guide specifically instructs to install NGIO and GCF under 1.5.97, so there's that ;)

PS: Grass files are generated via SKSE routine, so your grass files should appear wherever your SKSE output would send them. It's overwrite for most people unless you send SKSE output to a specific mod via the MO EXE settings for SKSE64.

Ok...

I attached the NGIO and Grass Cache Fixes configs before, can someone please look at them, if they show anything, as to why I am not getting any grass created.

Also with Grass Cache Fixes installed when generating the cache, do I still follow Step 5 to uncomment bAllowCreateGrass, bAllowLoadGrass, bEnableGrassFade, and fGrassFadeRange? Of course for 1.6x I have them uncommented, wasn't sure if this is still needed before generating the grass in 1.5.97?

THANKS

Edited by mooit

4 minutes ago, mooit said:

Ok...

I attached the NGIO and Grass Cache Fixes configs before, can someone please look at them, if they show anything, as to why I am not getting any grass created.

Also with Grass Cache Fixes installed when generating the cache, do I still follow Step 5 to uncomment bAllowCreateGrass, bAllowLoadGrass, bEnableGrassFade, and fGrassFadeRange? Of course for 1.6x I have them uncommented, wasn't sure if this is still needed before generating the grass in 1.5.97?

THANKS

The Grass LOD Guide basically assumes you are running 1.5.97, so just follow all instructions and make the NGIO changes indicated in the guide. The Step 5 instructions are a bit confusing because of this.

1 minute ago, z929669 said:

The Grass LOD Guide basically assumes you are running 1.5.97, so just follow all instructions and make the NGIO changes indicated in the guide. The Step 5 instructions are a bit confusing because of this.

Well I assumed, Step 5 pertains more to running 1.6x with the grass cache generated in it. I'll leave them commented for now and try this again and see what happens.

THANKS

11 minutes ago, mooit said:

Well I assumed, Step 5 pertains more to running 1.6x with the grass cache generated in it. I'll leave them commented for now and try this again and see what happens.

THANKS

I added a bit of clarity to Step 5, so read it over again. DY may make more changes to this when he sees it, but the gist is correct and a bit less confusing, IMO.

59 minutes ago, mooit said:

I've done all these things, it doesn't work, having Grass Cache Fixes installed in 1.5.97 to create a grass cache, and yes, I made sure the plugin in the right side pane was at the very bottom with the highest priority too.

It's always been my understanding you don't install it in 1.5.97 when generating the cache with NGIO installed. Someone here on the forum also told me in the past, that NGIO in 1.5.97 and Grass Cache Fixes in 1.6x.

So Grass Cache Fixes is also suppose to be installed in 1.5.97 with NGIO when generating the grass cache?

I've attached the GrassControl.config, and the Grass Cache Fixes, both as recommened by the guides.

I set it up before like the guide.

THANKS

GrassControl.config.txt 22.16 kB · 3 downloads

Grass Cache Fixes.ini 1.37 kB · 0 downloads

To successfully generate grass cache, you must revert the Grass Cache Fixes.ini file to the downloaded settings. After generating grass cache, you may change it back.

• 1 month later...

I have two SSE 1.5.97 versions, one for ENB, and the other for Community Shaders, the MO2 setups are the same, minus all the ENB mods, which of course are not in the CS version.

I have successfully created several times the grass cache in the ENB version.

Grass Cache Fixes.esp is at the bottom of the load order on the right side pane in both versions.

But for some reason WhiterunWorld is not being created in the Community Shaders version.

Does anyone know if there's something going on with CS, or any of the Shader mods that are needed for it, affecting this?

hmm :thinking:

I've attached my 1.5.97 CS MO2 modlist.

THANKS

modlist.txt

Edited by mooit

12 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

It should not affect it, but you don't need to have Community Shaders installed at grass cache time.

You probably can even get away with copying the grass cache from your enb instance into your CS instance. 

I used the ENB version, I was just hoping someone knew about this...  hmm

Thanks