Empty Area Of Tundra - Grass Not Rendering

I'm running SSE 1.6.640.0 with Tamrielic Grass 1.2.0

I created a grass cache in 1.5.97 and I'm using the default grass cache settings from the Wiki.

I'm running xLODGen, TexGen, DynDOLOD Alpha 128, I am using the default High BethINI settings from the Wiki.

Inside Whiterun, I noticed when standing at one of the look outs in 3rd person and looking out across the tundra, there is a large area where grass is not being rendered.

I don't get what is causing this... hmm ;/

This is the area inside Whiterun, with the look out on the right.

H6DH6U7.jpg

Here's the area I noticed without grass.

H6DJ9UP.jpg

If I walk outside the gate and go near this area, the grass does appear when I am outside, even if I look at it from a far distance when I'm outside, it still shows rendered there.

Edited by mooit

I do have WhiterunWorld already listed for the grass cache.

OnlyPregenerateWorldSpaces = "AlftandWorld;Blackreach;BlindCliffCaveWorld;BloatedMansGrottoWorld;BluePalaceWingWorld;BrinewaterGrottoWorld;DarkwaterWorld;DeepwoodRedoubtWorld;DLC01Boneyard;DLC01FalmerValley;DLC01SoulCairn;DLC1AncestorsGladeWorld;DLC1DarkfallPassageWorld;DLC1ForebearsHoldout;DLC1HunterHQWorld;DLC1VampireCastleCourtyard;DLC2SolstheimWorld;EastEmpireWarehouse;EldergleamSanctuaryWorld;FallowstoneCaveWorldEnd;FallowstoneCaveWorldStart;FrostmereCryptWorld;JaphetsFollyWorld;KarthspireRedoubtWorld;KatariahWorld;LabyrinthianWorld;LabyrinthianWorld03;LabyrinthianWorld04;MarkarthWorld;MossMotherCavernWorld;RedEagleRedoubtWorld;RiftenWorld;ShadowgreenCavernWorld;SkuldafnWorld;SolitudeWorld;SouthfringeWorld;Sovngarde;Tamriel;TestSnow;WhiterunDragonsreachWorld;WhiterunWorld;WindhelmPitWorldspace;WindhelmWorld"

Something else I just noticed that I've seen too in the past. I'll approach an area around the tundra of Whiterun and it will appear blank like the screen shot, then the grass will pop in. There is some sort of Whiterun tundra issue here I keep running into and I thought the WhiterunWorld I have should be taking care of this...

1 minute ago, DoubleYou said:

Do not confuse the list for the generated files.

I'm not following what you are saying...

You mentioned having WhiterunWorld, and I showed that I have in the GrassControl.config; OnlyPregenerateWorldSpaces = WhiterunWorld

So what else are we talking about, in regards to the generated files, meaning, if I have this already listed in the GrassControl.config, then it should be in the grass cache, yes/no?

THANKS

My bad...

Ok I looked through the generated files, there is no WhiterunWorld.cgid files, if I put it in GrassControl.config; OnlyPregenerateWorldSpaces = WhiterunWorld

Why then isn't it showing up?

THANKS

P.S. Wait one second here, you said;

To fix, place Grass Cache Fixes.esp at bottom of load order and generate grass cache for WhiterunWorld.

That makes me think, when generating the grass cache in 1.5.97 I'm suppose to have Grass Cache Fixes installed in 1.5.97. I was told in the past that only NGIO is suppose to be installed in 1.5.97 to generate a grass cache and Grass Cache Fixes is to be only installed in 1.6x

Edited by mooit

57 minutes ago, mooit said:

My bad...

Ok I looked through the generated files, there is no WhiterunWorld.cgid files, if I put it in GrassControl.config; OnlyPregenerateWorldSpaces = WhiterunWorld

Why then isn't it showing up?

THANKS

P.S. Wait one second here, you said;

To fix, place Grass Cache Fixes.esp at bottom of load order and generate grass cache for WhiterunWorld.

That makes me think, when generating the grass cache in 1.5.97 I'm suppose to have Grass Cache Fixes installed in 1.5.97. I was told in the past that only NGIO is suppose to be installed in 1.5.97 to generate a grass cache and Grass Cache Fixes is to be only installed in 1.6x

Grass Cache Fixes.esp has WhiterunWorld flagged as having grass so that grass cache files can be successfully generated. This is an issue that is irrespective of game version.

25 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

Grass Cache Fixes.esp has WhiterunWorld flagged as having grass so that grass cache files can be successfully generated. This is an issue that is irrespective of game version.

Ok so how do I fix this?

I read what you said, I looked online and read;

https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/SkyrimSE:Grass_LOD_Guide

Grass Cache Fixes can be installed anywhere, but to ensure that grass cached files are created for WhiterunWorld (grass visible just outside the walls when in Whiterun), consider moving the GCF plugin to highest priority in the right pane.

I installed GrassCacheFixes in 1.5.97 and moved it to the bottom, but it doesn't create grass. When I try to create a grass cache in 1.5.97 it doesn't create anything, the grass folder is empty.

Edited by mooit

Let me back up the conversation...

I was told in the past that only NGIO is installed in 1.5.97 to generate the grass cache.

And only Grass Cache Fixes is installed in 1.6x.

This is why I am now confused with what you are telling me, and the wiki saying Grass Cache Fixes can be installed anywhere. Even the Nexus page for Grass Cache Fixes says you need a generated cache from NGIO before using it.

Anyhow, Grass Cache Fixes installed in 1.5.97 isn't working, I'm not getting any grass.

hmm

Edited by mooit

2 hours ago, mooit said:

Something else I just noticed that I've seen too in the past. I'll approach an area around the tundra of Whiterun and it will appear blank like the screen shot, then the grass will pop in.

I've seen this too on occasion. It happens so rarely that I don't remember exactly the context. It may have been after fast travelling or transitioning from interior to exterior. And possibly only once per game. Since it fixes itself and is not "repeatable", I don't worry about it.

I don't think it has anything to do with your issue of missing grass outside Whiterun when looking from inside Whiterun.

(I'm running 1.5.97 both for grass precaching and for playing.)

2 hours ago, mooit said:

Let me back up the conversation...

I was told in the past that only NGIO is installed in 1.5.97 to generate the grass cache.

And only Grass Cache Fixes is installed in 1.6x.

This is why I am now confused with what you are telling me, and the wiki saying Grass Cache Fixes can be installed anywhere. Even the Nexus page for Grass Cache Fixes says you need a generated cache from NGIO before using it.

Anyhow, Grass Cache Fixes installed in 1.5.97 isn't working, I'm not getting any grass.

hmm

Under 1.5.97 with NGIO configured per our grass LOD guide and Grass Cache Fixes installed anywhere with the plugin manually sorted at highest priority in the plugins in right pane, you should regen your grass cache. Remove your previous grass files and check overwrite or wherever you are pointing your SKSE output for the new grass files. You must be sure to configure NGIO correctly for cache generation, because it's different before/after generating the grass cache (that is if you are testing grass under 1.5.97).

35 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Under 1.5.97 with NGIO configured per our grass LOD guide and Grass Cache Fixes installed anywhere with the plugin manually sorted at highest priority in the plugins in right pane, you should regen your grass cache. Remove your previous grass files and check overwrite or wherever you are pointing your SKSE output for the new grass files. You must be sure to configure NGIO correctly for cache generation, because it's different before/after generating the grass cache (that is if you are testing grass under 1.5.97).

I've done all these things, it doesn't work, having Grass Cache Fixes installed in 1.5.97 to create a grass cache, and yes, I made sure the plugin in the right side pane was at the very bottom with the highest priority too.

It's always been my understanding you don't install it in 1.5.97 when generating the cache with NGIO installed. Someone here on the forum also told me in the past, that NGIO in 1.5.97 and Grass Cache Fixes in 1.6x.

So Grass Cache Fixes is also suppose to be installed in 1.5.97 with NGIO when generating the grass cache?

I've attached the GrassControl.config, and the Grass Cache Fixes, both as recommened by the guides.

I set it up before like the guide.

THANKS

GrassControl.config.txt

Grass Cache Fixes.ini

Edited by mooit

8 minutes ago, mooit said:

I've done all these things, it doesn't work, having Grass Cache Fixes installed in 1.5.97 to create a grass cache. It's always been my understanding you don't install it in 1.5.97 when generating the cache with NGIO installed. Someone here on the forum also told me in the past, that NGIO in 1.5.97 and Grass Cache Fixes in 1.6x.

So Grass Cache Fixes is also suppose to be installed in 1.5.97 with NGIO when generating the grass cache?

I've attached the GrassControl.config, I set it up before like the guide

THANKS

GrassControl.config.txt 22.16 kB · 0 downloads

Don't take advice from random people. Read the mod description or ask the MA (DoubleYou) instead. From GCF:

To use this mod with an No Grass In Objects (NGIO) created grass cache, you need to have an already generated grass cache for your current load order. It does not matter if you have this mod enabled or disabled whenever you precached your grass. NGIO creates a grass cache in the Data folder in a grass subdirectory. This will contain files with the .cgid file extension.

I run GCF when generating my grass cache under 1.5.97, and I also run GCF under 1.6.xxx. This statement infers that you can run it under 1.5.97 as well, since youc annot create a grass cache under 1.6.xxx

1 minute ago, z929669 said:

Don't take advice from random people. Read the mod description or ask the MA (DoubleYou) instead. From GCF:

I run GCF when generating my grass cache under 1.5.97, and I also run GCF under 1.6.xxx. This statement infers that you can run it under 1.5.97 as well, since youc annot create a grass cache under 1.6.xxx

It actually wasn't random people, it was one of the staff here on the forum telling me this.

Ok on installing it in 1.5.97

I attached the files here, if someone can have a look, because I set them both up as by the guides.

So I don't get why the grass cache folder is empty when I try to generate it with it installed... hmm ;/