Disable Havok Script Tweak Resource (by AndrealphusVIII)

DoubleYou

Based on the description and posts I'm seeing, I still am not sure if this fixes objects moving on their own for no reason or if it keeps moveable objects from moving without a specific PC action or both.

This seems like it could be a play style thing. A shout should send all moveable items flying and they should stay that way until the cell resets.

There are two files, and one is meant as a resource file, so it may become a fix that is more useful for mod authors to fix problematic items. However, there is one that is a replacer version that could be worth shouting at. The description is difficult enough that I feel this is probably better felt then telt. 

On 6/17/2023 at 10:07 PM, z929669 said:

Based on the description and posts I'm seeing, I still am not sure if this fixes objects moving on their own for no reason or if it keeps moveable objects from moving without a specific PC action or both.

This seems like it could be a play style thing. A shout should send all moveable items flying and they should stay that way until the cell resets.

It doesn't disable any static object nor movable statics. You can still pick everything up and interact with it normally. The mod updates a vanilla script to make it do what it supposed to do.

There is a script called, defaultDisableHavokOnLoad. You are supposed to be able to attach this script to objects so that the object's havok is disabled when it loads. This essentially just keeps objects in the place the designer put it. Without this script, objects will often just do what they want for no real reason. This issue is seen with objects falling when loading a new cell, plates and objects on those plates rattling around, items rolling around displays, etc. I've used the vanilla script heavily for my house mod, Dragon Cliff Manor, and can confirm that it doesn't always work. The aim of this mod is to fix that vanilla script so that it actually works and stops objects from moving from their place when loaded...very similar to how the mannequin scripts were updated to actually stop them from moving.

7 hours ago, TechAngel85 said:

It doesn't disable any static object nor movable statics. You can still pick everything up and interact with it normally. The mod updates a vanilla script to make it do what it supposed to do.

There is a script called, defaultDisableHavokOnLoad. You are supposed to be able to attach this script to objects so that the object's havok is disabled when it loads. This essentially just keeps objects in the place the designer put it. Without this script, objects will often just do what they want for no real reason. This issue is seen with objects falling when loading a new cell, plates and objects on those plates rattling around, items rolling around displays, etc. I've used the vanilla script heavily for my house mod, Dragon Cliff Manor, and can confirm that it doesn't always work. The aim of this mod is to fix that vanilla script so that it actually works and stops objects from moving from their place when loaded...very similar to how the mannequin scripts were updated to actually stop them from moving.

Thanks for the info. If this is the case, I think it's an obvious fix ... Replacer version it seems.