Toggleable Night Vision (by Wenderer)

DoubleYou

Discussion topic:
Toggleable Night Vision by Wenderer
Wiki Link

I've come to the conclusion that Night Vision scopes are just annoying.They are very seldom useful. But sometimes you can't really craft a different scope on it because of perk requirements, so you might have to live with the fact that your powerful sniper rifle has night vision that makes it difficult to see things in the day time.

This mod allows you to set a hotkey to toggle night vision on the scope. It can even be made to use a fusion cell to power the night vision (optional via MCM menu) and also provides an alternative night vision effect.

As to compatibility, it needs patched for any weapon that adds a night vision scope. This is fairly straightforward to patch, and I may consider making a Synthesis patcher to do this automatically. Load after BetterModDescriptions.esp (needs a patch if you want its descriptions).

I'm just installing this now, so I haven't verified how well it works yet.

Very easily tested. Definitely a very useful improvement.

No night vision --> Vanilla night vision --> TNV night vision

no-night-vision.pngvanilla-night-vision.pngmod-night-vision.png

As you can see, vanilla night vision is useless. It just makes everything light green and low contrast. This mod actually increases the contrast so that you can actually see something at night. And you can toggle it off. Win-win.