CTD when opening world map during fps testing (before DynDOLOD and post)

Halde

Hi all!

Basically title. happens litteraly the second I press "m". Crash log mentions a lot of MapMarkerFramework, and the error is a "Unhandled exception "EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION"". I don't know if I had this issue in the preliminary testing, because I actually don't think I opened my world map - the "smoke test".

I'm not quite sure how to read these exactly, so hoped someone could help pointing me in the direction. 

~Sincerely

Halde

crash-2023-04-12-23-48-57.log

Hmm I'm pretty sure I did that. I just reinstalled the mod to be sure, it still happens. I thought it might have something to do with Bruma mapmarkers, since I had installed a CoMAP patch for that willynilly (by putting the .json file directly into the Bruma MapMarkers folder in MO), but I just deleted that file, crash still occours. 

Btw, I did encounter a little issue when testing, I forgot to mention. I couldn't remove the fps cap of 60 for some reason. I did the change in display tweaks sse first, it showed constant 60 fps, then I went to bethini and changed the fps in there to 300, which also didn't do anything about the cap. This is not otherwise something I have been interfering with, so not sure where the 60 cap is coming from?

Every time I have changed graphics hardware, I feel like I have had to employ many different tricks in order to successfully disable vsync. Can be driver profile. Can be ini file. Can be SSE Display Tweaks. Can be full screen vs windowed mode. 

7 hours ago, Halde said:

My screen is 240hz though, so shouldn't vsync synchronize to that cap if it was disabled?

Only if you have G-SYNC of Freesync-enabled hardware and your driversoft settings configured to support that. Explicit Vsync and frame-rate caps should be disabled everywhere that it can be enabled in this case to allow these NVIDIA/AMD features without redundancy or conflict.