Dynamic Animation Replacer

ButchDiavolo

1 hour ago, CorneliusC said:

I'm interested, what mods are you using with DAR and which do you think would fit with and possibly compliment a STEP install?

Main DAR animations I'm using. They're all for 'immersion' and variety. I don't use any combat animations as I don't care for them.

No idea if they'd be a good fit for STEP. They make the NPCs livelier and more 'realistically' humans, less robotic, IMHO. YMMV.

Edit: I'm using the original DAR with 1.5.97 runtime. I have no experience with the recent update for 1.6.629+.

16 minutes ago, Mousetick said:

Main DAR animations I'm using. They're all for 'immersion' and variety. I don't use any combat animations as I don't care for them.

No idea if they'd be a good fit for STEP. They make the NPCs livelier and more 'realistically' humans, less robotic, IMHO. YMMV.

I've proposed looking at most of these somewhere around here. If we did use animations, it would be along the lines of realism rather than combat, like these.

55 minutes ago, z929669 said:

I've proposed looking at most of these somewhere around here. If we did use animations, it would be along the lines of realism rather than combat, like these.

Found it in the discussion on the Nemesis engine:
https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/16000-nemesis-unlimited-behavior-engine-by-shikyo-kira/page/2/#comment-266492

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CorneliusC said:

Thank you. I'm interested, what mods are you using with DAR and which do you think would fit with and possibly compliment a STEP install?

I don't use DAR. I just happened to stumble across a post mentioning that it had been updated. And I remembered that there had been interest in it, so being the nice, amazing, sexy and modest guy I am, I decided to make a topic for it ;)

I have used many different DAR-dependent mods. I think EVG Conditional Idles, EVG Animation Variance and Cookeh's Conditional could be very good complement.

I did an installation of Lexys guide and there are these three above and some others in her list so that combination seem to be well tested.

But since STEP guide is primary for 1st person play maby character animations is not that important to add?

Adding idles seem ok to me, but we should be careful to add combat animations i think, since they are very personal (atm Nexus is packed with Elden Ring types of animation mods) and many combat mods do not look good in Skyrim since the game is not made for "modern high speed combat".

Thank you all for the recommendations. I actually played with almost all of these animations mentioned here at some point last year and it quite showed the limitations of the engine, with at least some animations having an opposite-of-immersive effect in game. Still this encourages me to try again to add a small group of non-intrusive idles with a less-is-more approach. I would start with only EVG Animation Variance, Immersive folded hands, NPC Animation Remix (no looped idles version), Take a Seat and maybe a randomized Jarl Sitting Animation Replacer by Mur4s4me.