Fishing in Eastmarch

CorneliusC

Not that I've been interested at all in Fishing (yet), but there is an oddity with one fishing setup south of Windhelm, just down the road from Kynesgrove and left of the sawing mill added by Cutting Room Floor, where the whole arrangement of fishing objects like rack, supplies, baskets is partly submerged and floating in the water and not set at the shore. I was wondering if anyone of you might have encountered the same issue? I checked in 'More Informative Console' and all the items are added by the 'Fishing' creation. (Also could somebody please tell me how to make screenshots while in 'More Informative Concole'?)

ScreenShot51Fishing.thumb.jpg.ff24f57f00b9e7d80905943b988583ca.jpg     ScreenShot54Fishing.thumb.jpg.3237599b5c4dfbd12fd9519d31567342.jpg    ScreenShot56DynDOLOD.thumb.jpg.8c8a3dda973f931b6afcef2983c77166.jpg

Edited by CorneliusC

13 hours ago, Mousetick said:

The Steam screenshot hotkey (F12 by default, I think) should work. That's what I always use. It doesn't work for you?

Thank you. The default Steam (F12) key is set, but never worked. Instead i've been doing all screenshots via the (Print Screen) key, which is set by BethINI. The only situation where this fails is when having 'More Informative Console' open ...

13 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

I am betting this is a landscape conflict, probably with Majestic Mountains, that I should probably add to that patch. 

Thank you. That would be fantastic if that conflict could be patched. Is there anything else i could check?

Edited by CorneliusC

50 minutes ago, CorneliusC said:

The default Steam (F12) key is set, but never worked.

Strange. It never worked in any Steam game, or only in Skyrim? Is the Steam overlay enabled?

image.png

Are you using a full desktop keyboard or a laptop keyboard? Are you using some other software that's running in the background and catching the F12 key perhaps? Try changing the Steam screenshot hotkey to another key.

Can't think of anything else.

58 minutes ago, CorneliusC said:

Instead i've been doing all screenshots via the (Print Screen) key, which is set by BethINI. The only situation where this fails is when having 'More Informative Console' open ...

Right. That's Skyrim's built-in screenshot feature, which doesn't work with the console open.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mousetick said:

Is the Steam overlay enabled?

3 hours ago, z929669 said:

The windows gaming bar should screenshot anything on the screen. I think it's Windows logo key + Alt + PrintScreen

Thank you both. Both options work fine (screenshot from within the console),i just had to activate the respective overlay or game bar (hihi). I have the (old-school) habit of disabling everything of convenience in an attempt to free resources ...

I'm interested, has anyone encountered this specific landscape conflict in their own game yet?

Edited by CorneliusC

2 hours ago, CorneliusC said:

I have the (old-school) habit of disabling everything of convenience in an attempt to free resources ...

Haha I do the same. For me it's the Windows Game Bar: Shoo, Zap!

There is little to be gained by disabling the Steam overlay. The Steam client alone is by itself a memory hog whether it's actively being used or not as it remains in the background while the game is running. The extra overhead added by the overlay is negligible. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mousetick said:

Haha I do the same. For me it's the Windows Game Bar: Shoo, Zap!

There is little to be gained by disabling the Steam overlay. The Steam client alone is by itself a memory hog whether it's actively being used or not as it remains in the background while the game is running. The extra overhead added by the overlay is negligible. 

Same!