DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 182

sheson

I encountered "Error: [000001DD] <Error: Could not be resolved 2 >Reference." when I ran DynDOLOD 3 Alpha-167.
In SSEEDIT, it is from The Serpent's Covenant - Quest Mod, and its header version is 1.71 (extends the number of new records in ESL).

I'm using Skyrim SE 1.5.97 and Backported Extended ESL Support, so I guess DynDOLOD 3 Alpha-167 cannot recognize ESPFE header 1.71.
Should I use DynDOLOD DLL NG and Scripts 3.00 Alpha 14 for SE 1.5.97, even if I do not use Large reference bugs workarounds?
I set "uLargeRefLODGridSize=5" in my SkyrimPrefs.ini, and thus I set "IgnoreLargeReferences=1" in my DynDOLOD_SSE.ini.

Hi,

I noticed SSEEdit's "check for errors" returns several "Unknown Record Flags" in CELLs in dyndolod.esp like this:

[00:00] [CELL:0001691F] (in WindhelmWorld "Windhelm" [WRLD:0001691D])
[00:00]     CELL \ Record Header \ Record Flags -> <Unknown: 14 $E>

and in MSTT in dyndolod.esm like this:

Tamriel_Underside [MSTT:08006C62]
[00:00]     MSTT \ Record Header \ Record Flags -> <Unknown: 2 $2>

Is this normal?

I have the "old" Skyrim SE 1.5.97 and using the latest DynDOLOD alpha, xLODGen and DynDOLOD DLL NG and Scripts 3.00.

5 hours ago, kelvineppolon said:

I encountered "Error: [000001DD] <Error: Could not be resolved 2 >Reference." when I ran DynDOLOD 3 Alpha-167.
In SSEEDIT, it is from The Serpent's Covenant - Quest Mod, and its header version is 1.71 (extends the number of new records in ESL).

I'm using Skyrim SE 1.5.97 and Backported Extended ESL Support, so I guess DynDOLOD 3 Alpha-167 cannot recognize ESPFE header 1.71.
Should I use DynDOLOD DLL NG and Scripts 3.00 Alpha 14 for SE 1.5.97, even if I do not use Large reference bugs workarounds?
I set "uLargeRefLODGridSize=5" in my SkyrimPrefs.ini, and thus I set "IgnoreLargeReferences=1" in my DynDOLOD_SSE.ini.

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which DynDOLOD log and debug log to upload when making posts.

Use the "Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message" of messages to open https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Unresolved-Form-ID for further explanations and help for a message as explained on the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Read-Log-and-Error-Messages

Read https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Unresolved-Form-ID for explanations about possible causes and fixes of unresolved form IDs.

See https://dyndolod.info/Changelog
Support for plugins with version 1.71 has been added in Alpha 157 December 6th, 2023.

DynDOLOD DLL NG has scriptless dynamic LOD and other fixes even if the large reference system is disabled. It always requires the large reference bugs workarounds checkbox checked. The IgnoreLargeReferences setting is irrelevant with it.

1 hour ago, tabaras said:

Hi,

I noticed SSEEdit's "check for errors" returns several "Unknown Record Flags" in CELLs in dyndolod.esp like this:

[00:00] [CELL:0001691F] (in WindhelmWorld "Windhelm" [WRLD:0001691D])
[00:00]     CELL \ Record Header \ Record Flags -> <Unknown: 14 $E>

and in MSTT in dyndolod.esm like this:

Tamriel_Underside [MSTT:08006C62]
[00:00]     MSTT \ Record Header \ Record Flags -> <Unknown: 2 $2>

Is this normal?

I have the "old" Skyrim SE 1.5.97 and using the latest DynDOLOD alpha, xLODGen and DynDOLOD DLL NG and Scripts 3.00.

Moved to the DynDOLOD 3 alpha thread.

Use latest xEdit build from discord server to have flag 14 show its name.

Use search: https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/17510-dyndolod-300-alpha-167/page/600/#comment-276720
Read FAQ: https://dyndolod.info/FAQ#Checking-DynDOLOD-plugins-for-errors-with-xEdit

Hi, it's me again. As I wrote, this fix didn't help, moreover, now I have the opposite effect. I have now disabled all graphics mods, community shaders, generated texgen and dyndolod using only resources. (yes i know, the terrane texture is not vanilla, i didn't regenerate the terrane). The animated waterfalls flicker, as does this section of the mountain. It's insane. :ermm:

logs

Edited by Farsveinn

9 hours ago, Farsveinn said:

Hi, it's me again. As I wrote, this fix didn't help, moreover, now I have the opposite effect. I have now disabled all graphics mods, community shaders, generated texgen and dyndolod using only resources. (yes i know, the terrane texture is not vanilla, i didn't regenerate the terrane). The animated waterfalls flicker, as does this section of the mountain. It's insane. :ermm:

logs

Make useful screenshots with more informative console of the dynamic LOD model and the full model.

Does the flicker stop when disabling all static LOD with tll in console?

20240226081152-1.jpg 20240226081211-1.jpg

It's the same waterfall as before. Yes, if I disable it via console or disable DynDoLod in MCM, the flickering stops.

It's fxwaterfallbodytall02_dyndolod_lod.nif 

Tested on default settings, no graphics mods, just skse tweaks, interface tweaks and unofficial patch (and some minor things that couldn't affect the result).

It's most likely my problem as I haven't seen similar bugreports, but I don't know where I could be wrong as I've been using your wonderful program for a few years now and it's always been ok. :thinking:

Edited by Farsveinn

5 hours ago, Farsveinn said:

20240226081152-1.jpg 20240226081211-1.jpg

It's the same waterfall as before. Yes, if I disable it via console or disable DynDoLod in MCM, the flickering stops.

It's fxwaterfallbodytall02_dyndolod_lod.nif 

Tested on default settings, no graphics mods, just skse tweaks, interface tweaks and unofficial patch (and some minor things that couldn't affect the result).

It's most likely my problem as I haven't seen similar bugreports, but I don't know where I could be wrong as I've been using your wonderful program for a few years now and it's always been ok. :thinking:

I am not sure if you used the "disable" command or "tll" command in console?
Disabling the dynamic LOD model in the console with "disable" or all dynamic LOD in the MCM is not the same as disabling all static LOD with tll in console.

Does the flicker stop when disabling all static LOD with "tll" in console and only the dynamic LOD remains?

21 hours ago, Farsveinn said:

No, the flickering remains, it's a dynamic LOD problem. Static lods are fine.

Replace ..\Meshes\DynDOLOD\lod\effects\fxwaterfallbodytall02_dyndolod_lod.nif from DynDOLOD Resources with this fxwaterfallbodytall02_dyndolod_lod.nif

No need to to run DynDOLOD again. Just start the game test.

Let us know if the dynamic LOD has less flicker now.

• +1 1

10 minutes ago, Farsveinn said:

No, it seems to have gotten worse (unless my eyes deceive me). Strange, a similar waterfall doesn't have this problem like fXwaterfallbodytall_dyndolod_lod.nif

Doublecheck in xEdit that base record xx07607D in DynDOLOD.esm uses "dyndolod\lod\effects\fxwaterfallbodytall02_dyndolod_lod.nif" for the MODL - Model Filename
Doublecheck in MO2 right window data tab that the winning file is the last one I uploaded and has 13,230 bytes file size.

If all that is the case, are you sure it still flickers if you disable static object LOD with tll?
If that is the case, "disable" the dynamic LOD reference xx0EB29F in DynDOLOD.esp that uses the base record xx07607D in DynDOLOD.esm in console.
Is there anything else there?

Double check that the size and path are correct.

I compared the default and the latest .nif.

The default is flickering with tll.

The latest one stops flickering with tll.

Disable 0EB29F removes strong flickering, only minor artifact remains.

It turns out the problem is when I look through the waterfall at static lods. As I understand it. I would have thought I made a mistake in the generation, but no. I even tested by prioritizing static lods from xlodgen, but the result is the same.