DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 182

sheson

Errors or problems that prevent a successful LOD patch generation need to be fixed and can obviously not be ignored whatever their cause.

=> I totaly agree!! :biggrin:

The reported problem has not realty anything to do with a mesh.

=> well, I did read that "This is a bug with the tools encountering unexpected situations. Make a report with the log, debug log and bugreport.txt as explained on the official DynDOLOD support forum." I tried to upload my log using ufile.io but could not upload it and the files are too big for paste.ee.  I don't know how to add my logs...

I just noticed that adding the missing mesh or script removed the error and moved to the next in line. Well I'll keep trying fixing one after the other to see when all are fixed if it successfully finishes

10 hours ago, Hercules6969 said:

Errors or problems that prevent a successful LOD patch generation need to be fixed and can obviously not be ignored whatever their cause.

=> I totaly agree!! :biggrin:

The reported problem has not realty anything to do with a mesh.

=> well, I did read that "This is a bug with the tools encountering unexpected situations. Make a report with the log, debug log and bugreport.txt as explained on the official DynDOLOD support forum." I tried to upload my log using ufile.io but could not upload it and the files are too big for paste.ee.  I don't know how to add my logs...

I just noticed that adding the missing mesh or script removed the error and moved to the next in line. Well I'll keep trying fixing one after the other to see when all are fixed if it successfully finishes

The message you quoted has nothing to do with a mesh or script. You can not fix bugs in the tools encountering unexpected situations.

I suggest to take the time to learn rudimentary computer and internet knowledge like how to zip and upload files with a file service so this can be properly troubleshooted and addressed.

Hello!

I encountered a problem with the most recent 167 Alpha when trying to generate LOD.
I never had any problems with LOD generation prior to two days ago, but with the most recent version I do get an integer overflow error when trying to generate my LOD. Since it is noticed in the extra explanations - I did make a clean install of the most recent version.

The .log files are uploaded under the following link Bug Report.
Any help would be much appreciated.

4 hours ago, Arimati said:

Hello!

I encountered a problem with the most recent 167 Alpha when trying to generate LOD.
I never had any problems with LOD generation prior to two days ago, but with the most recent version I do get an integer overflow error when trying to generate my LOD. Since it is noticed in the extra explanations - I did make a clean install of the most recent version.

The .log files are uploaded under the following link Bug Report.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Does the error message always report the same plugin and record?

If so, check Rally + CFTO + ICWO + Sounds.esp for errors in xEdit. 

If there are none, can you load Rally + CFTO + ICWO + Sounds.esp into xEdit, remove all records but the one with form ID xx000F1E and whatever other records it requires in the same plugin, then clean master and upload it. If you do not know how to do any of that, just upload the plugin as is.

Yes, it does mention the exact same record everytime.

Maybe another remotely helpful information regarding the record.
The "bugged" records stemm from the following mod - JS Rumpled Rugs - I remember that last year around the same time I also modded Skyrim and did some dyndlod generation. Back then when the generation process finished, I remember there were some missing scripts listed at the summary page. However, the missing scripts didn't appear at the summary page when finishing lod generation in 2024.

Anyway, here is the cleaned plugin. I also kept the other records which most likely would result in the same integer overflow.

4 minutes ago, Arimati said:

Yes, it does mention the exact same record everytime.

Maybe another remotely helpful information regarding the record.
The "bugged" records stemm from the following mod - JS Rumpled Rugs - I remember that last year around the same time I also modded Skyrim and did some dyndlod generation. Back then when the generation process finished, I remember there were some missing scripts listed at the summary page. However, the missing scripts didn't appear at the summary page when finishing lod generation in 2024.

Anyway, here is the cleaned plugin. I also kept the other records which most likely would result in the same integer overflow.

OK the mentioned record is not the cause of this issue.

Run this test version https://mega.nz/file/NZgQEL7K#uEGyhPDzVC3rANBbUYNw6UXrHZZmvI4TcAc2QwOptC0 with the full plugin.

Upload new log, debug log. No need for bugreport.txt
If the message mentions a navmesh record, remove everything else but the navmesh and whatever records it might require in the same plugin, clean masters and upload it.

Sorry for the late response.

Now with the test version I was, as you presumed, directed at a certain navmesh record which turned out to have an error in it. I resaved the plugin in CK and the Lodgeneration went through without a problem. Still a bit confused in this regard, since it never occured before, but I am thankful for your advice and sorry if I wasted too much time of yours.

3 hours ago, Arimati said:

Sorry for the late response.

Now with the test version I was, as you presumed, directed at a certain navmesh record which turned out to have an error in it. I resaved the plugin in CK and the Lodgeneration went through without a problem. Still a bit confused in this regard, since it never occured before, but I am thankful for your advice and sorry if I wasted too much time of yours.

That is is great. It would be nice if you could upload the plugin with the record with the problem as requested.

Lod unloading problems (Base ID 1E00E63C, Ref AB092C73)

Campfire

Spoiler

ScreenShot16.thumb.jpg.b331c6bb702dfdb6ac7449f83ba24457.jpg

Campfire after typing `disable` in console

Spoiler

ScreenShot17.thumb.jpg.fa364260fe44111a26c8a421780225b8.jpg

Im using ACMOS default settings. I dont have any of `uLockedObjectMapLOD=32 or uLockedTerrainLOD=32` in my game ini files. Tried putting it there with number 16 but no change. I was using ACOMS and DynDOLOD for years and never had problem like that. Im using diverse campfires BOS, can this be a culprit?

48 minutes ago, xbk123 said:

Lod unloading problems (Base ID 1E00E63C, Ref AB092C73)

Campfire

Hide contents

ScreenShot16.thumb.jpg.b331c6bb702dfdb6ac7449f83ba24457.jpg

Campfire after typing `disable` in console

Hide contents

ScreenShot17.thumb.jpg.fa364260fe44111a26c8a421780225b8.jpg

Im using ACMOS default settings. I dont have any of `uLockedObjectMapLOD=32 or uLockedTerrainLOD=32` in my game ini files. Tried putting it there with number 16 but no change. I was using ACOMS and DynDOLOD for years and never had problem like that. Im using diverse campfires BOS, can this be a culprit?

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which DynDOLOD log and debug log to upload when making posts.

Read https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#In-Game-Screenshots how to make useful screenshots of references with more informative console.

The mentioned INI settings have no effect on references. They only have (wanted/unwanted) effects on object/terrain LOD.

See https://dyndolod.info/FAQ#Out-of-place-or-floating-objects, especially test with new game and report if that makes a difference.

That is is great. It would be nice if you could upload the plugin with the record with the problem as requested.

Sure, here you go. Deleted the records where I was 100% sure.

The initial error message with the dyndlod test version was: 

"Overflow while converting variant of type (Cardinal) into type (Integer) Parent Worldspace F3015B98 Rally + CFTO + ICWO + Sounds.esp [NAVM:7A019B89] (in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of RHFinalGreenCave [CELL:7A015B9D] (in RHFinalWorld "Level 10" [WRLD:7A015B98] at -2,-1))"

Cheers

15 minutes ago, Farsveinn said:

Hi, I didn't find an answer in the FAQ. With the latest updates of the program there is a strong flickering of dyndolod waterfalls. It is not RWT, I used DynDOLOD - Resources - the effect is the same :crash:

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which DynDOLOD log and debug log to upload when making posts.

Also upload ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_Object_Report.txt

Read https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#In-Game-Screenshots how to make useful screenshots of LOD and the full model with m ore informative console.

https://dyndolod.info/Mods/Waterfalls
For best visuals and performance typically do not install any 3rd party LOD resources - remove them if necessary.
It is possible that whatever mod use to change the waterfalls meshes also installed bad LOD meshes or requires updated LOD meshes to be included in DynDOLOD Resources.
You wrote it is not RWT. So which one is it?

20240211181642-1.jpg

DynDOLOD_SSE_Object_Report and DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log

Oh, sorry, I meant that I checked with and without RWT. I did everything as usual RWT + Water Effects Brightness and Reflection Fix - RWT Patch. Before the NG version I never had problems with waterfalls. I tried leaving only your resources, disabling RWT, but the result was exactly the same. All waterfalls flickering in the middle and far distance. No ENB.

On 2/4/2024 at 5:23 PM, sheson said:

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which DynDOLOD log and debug log and which LODGen log to upload.

See https://dyndolod.info/Changelog to learn what changed.

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Advanced-Mode#Grass-LOD
Density sets the percentage of grass LOD billboards that are being generated. 50 means only half of the grass placements are added for better performance but thinner grass LOD in the distance.

50 means 50%.

It was my grass settings, they were incorrect - I ran my grass cache with the suggested settings from STEP GrassLOD Cache  and it resolved everything and DynDOLOD grass LOD density is working correctly. Managed to gain a few FPS also :)

Thanks

Edited by kojak747