Dyndolod/TexGen logs + debug:

https://ufile.io/f/uounq

Dyndolod log from My Documents:

https://ufile.io/m5lf7k3r

Papyrus.0. log:

https://ufile.io/rzuip039

Screenshots:

https://imgur.com/a/CA6oH3C

This is while using the latest DLL NG version 23.  I use Alternate Start to begin the game and I wait until all the notifications in the corner are gone before fast travelling to Whiterun.  Oh and I misspoke earlier...version 20 is the last one to work for me, not 19.

Thanks.

Let me know if DynDOLOD DLL NG Alpha-24 fixes this.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I'm not seeing DLL NG Alpha 24 link in the usual place (large reference bug workaround link) ?

Edit - I found it on the nexus page, sorry. I usually use the mega link.

Edit 2 - Everything seems to be working great Sheson!  Thank you so much for your help!

Edited by MisterMorden
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

20240505065922_1.jpg

20240505065938_1.jpg

20240505184223_1.jpg

Logs.7z DynDOLOD - Fix.7z

Hi. This is probably going to be funny, but the problem is back. I updated DynDOLOD to the latest version and put your fixed meshes. But this waterfall is flickering again (static only! 1 screenshot). I don't want to distract you anymore, which parameter in the nif is responsible for this so I can experiment. With fly cam everything is great, but that's probably how it should be.

Edited by Farsveinn

49 minutes ago, Farsveinn said:

20240505065922_1.jpg

20240505065938_1.jpg

20240505184223_1.jpg

Logs.7z 311.92 kB · 0 downloads DynDOLOD - Fix.7z

Hi. This is probably going to be funny, but the problem is back. I updated DynDOLOD to the latest version and put your fixed meshes. But this waterfall is flickering again (static only! 1 screenshot). I don't want to distract you anymore, which parameter in the nif is responsible for this so I can experiment. With fly cam everything is great, but that's probably how it should be.

You need to rename 

..\Meshes\DynDOLOD\lod\effects\fxwaterfallbodytall02_dyndolod_lod.nif to fxwaterfallbodytall02_1af8a0c0_dyndolod_lod.nif
..\Meshes\lod\waterfalls\fxwaterfallbodytall02passthru_lod.nif to fxwaterfallbodytall02_1af8a0c0passthru_lod.nif
and make sure they overwrite the ones in DynDOLOD Resources SE.

Then "Execute LODGen" in expert mode for Tamriel to update the static object LOD meshes.

What are the requirements for LOD meshes to be recognized for glow/own emit? I've gone through the DynDOLOD info page about glow LOD, but its not what I am referring to in this case. I am trying to make resources for the larger Blackreach crystals. This worked fine for the Blackreach mushrooms, they are automatically added to the DynDOLOD_Blackreach_Glow atlas and also get the shader properties for glow. Somehow the crystals are ignored, even though they have exactly the same shader settings as the mushrooms. But maybe I missed something. If you have the time, its about blackreachcrystall01-05, wip resources are here.

22 minutes ago, Farsveinn said:

Now it's having the opposite effect. Flickering at a great distance is gone, but it appeared at the waterfalls highlighted in the console. 

20240505215613_1.jpg

The delete ..\Meshes\DynDOLOD\lod\effects\fxwaterfallbodytall02_dyndolod_lod.nif and its renamed copy fxwaterfallbodytall02_1af8a0c0_dyndolod_lod.nif so it uses the one from DynDOLOD Resources again. No need to run DynDOLOD.

49 minutes ago, Phlunder said:

What are the requirements for LOD meshes to be recognized for glow/own emit? I've gone through the DynDOLOD info page about glow LOD, but its not what I am referring to in this case. I am trying to make resources for the larger Blackreach crystals. This worked fine for the Blackreach mushrooms, they are automatically added to the DynDOLOD_Blackreach_Glow atlas and also get the shader properties for glow. Somehow the crystals are ignored, even though they have exactly the same shader settings as the mushrooms. But maybe I missed something. If you have the time, its about blackreachcrystall01-05, wip resources are here.

The crystals set a parallax shader and not a glow shader. Parallax shaders are not supported by LOD and thus converted to the default shader.

You can try to rename files to *passthru_lod.nif so all their shaders are (mostly) kept as is but the outcome may not work or look satisfactory.
Otherwise change the shader type to glow shader I suppose.

If only a specific shape/shader in a NIF needs that while the other can be set to proper LOD settings, add PassThru to the shape name.

I suggest to use LOD levels in the filename. Just the highest level they should appear in, which in case of small crystals should be Level 4 = *_lod_0.nif and in case of the tall mushrooms Level 8 = *_lod_1.nif and Map/Level 16 = _lod_2.nif.

The big epic mushroom could use a version without CoreGlow:17 for the higher LOD Levels. I would probably even remove Core:Glow:16 for LOD Level 16 since it is unlikely to be seen from below and also remove the branches without heads in a 3D editor. This is in case it is used by a mod in bigger worldspaces.

Just *_lod.nif means the model is applied to all 3 LOD levels and is almost as bad as mods duplicating the same NIF 3 times as _0, _1, _2.

Maybe you planed that all along, just making sure.

Hmm, that didn't work, rather odd since logically it should have been. After hiding the files (I keep them in a separate folder in MO2, checked twice), they still flicker as well.

12 minutes ago, sheson said:

The crystals set a parallax shader and not a glow shader. Parallax shaders are not supported by LOD and thus converted to the default shader.

You can try to rename files to *passthru_lod.nif so all their shaders are (mostly) kept as is but the outcome may not work or look satisfactory.
Otherwise change the shader type to glow shader I suppose.

If only a specific shape/shader in a NIF needs that while the other can be set to proper LOD settings, add PassThru to the shape name.

I suggest to use LOD levels in the filename. Just the highest level they should appear in, which in case of small crystals should be Level 4 = *_lod_0.nif and in case of the tall mushrooms Level 8 = *_lod_1.nif and Map/Level 16 = _lod_2.nif.

The big epic mushroom could use a version without CoreGlow:17 for the higher LOD Levels. I would probably even remove Core:Glow:16 for LOD Level 16 since it is unlikely to be seen from below and also remove the branches without heads in a 3D editor. This is in case it is used by a mod in bigger worldspaces.

Just *_lod.nif means the model is applied to all 3 LOD levels and is almost as bad as mods duplicating the same NIF 3 times as _0, _1, _2.

Maybe you planed that all along, just making sure.

Sorry, it was right in front of me and I just overlooked the main shader type was still MultiLayer Parallax. :doh:So if I change that to Glow Shader it should work, thanks!

For now, I was just testing how I can match the glow to the rather special setup they used for the full models. I think it would suffice to limit most of the resources to lower LOD levels as you suggested. Should make no difference for the very limited Blackreach worldspace but some mods also add these to Tamriel and other larger worldspaces. Thanks for your input, much appreciated!

3 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

@Phlunder I have some glow meshes for Blackreach Mushrooms in my lod resources: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/79197

Don't know if that might not help you.

Oh I wasn't aware of that mod. I blended it now visually without separate glow meshes, but thanks anyway! I also noticed that the Dwemer roads used in Blackreach are missing LOD, but I might just reuse the road LOD meshes from the DynDOLOD resources for that, changing the assigned textures to Blackreach road textures. Or maybe sheson could include them in the resources? They seem to be carbon copies of the regular road meshes, just with blackreach road texture assigned.

1 minute ago, Phlunder said:

Oh I wasn't aware of that mod. I blended it now visually without separate glow meshes, but thanks anyway! I also noticed that the Dwemer roads used in Blackreach are missing LOD, but I might just reuse the road LOD meshes from the DynDOLOD resources for that, changing the assigned textures to Blackreach road textures. Or maybe sheson could include them in the resources? They seem to be carbon copies of the regular road meshes, just with blackreach road texture assigned.

I cover the dwemer roads as well.

Posted (edited)

This is just a question. If I were to use Base Object Swapper to change treePineForest03dead into treeBaldCypress01 in the WeatherTundraSwamp location only, would dynDOLOD detect that and swap the lod, according to Base Object Swapper | DynDOLOD? treeBaldCypress is in _resourcepack.esl and I have the billboard for it. Also, do you know of a 3D tree lod for resourecepack.esl, or do I have to make those?

example of swap.ini

[Forms|WeatherTundraMarsh]

TreePineForest03dead|TreeBaldCypress01|scale(0.9/1.1)

Edited by The_Franks