DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 180

sheson

30 minutes ago, leostevano said:

I've found this rocks not changing, wasn't like this before.

Logs : https://ufile.io/g5lu4sqq

Lodgen Export : https://ufile.io/zc93w5t7

ScreenShot1.png

None of the loaded ..\Data\Seasons\*_WIN.ini seems to have a definition for it.

Check if ..\Data\Seasons\MainFormSwap_WIN.ini contains

;RockTundraLand03Tundra01|RockTundraLand03Snow01Snow
0x3925E~Skyrim.esm|0xB6266~Skyrim.esm

If it does, upload that file.

15 minutes ago, sheson said:

None of the loaded ..\Data\Seasons\*_WIN.ini seems to have a definition for it.

Check if ..\Data\Seasons\MainFormSwap_WIN.ini contains

;RockTundraLand03Tundra01|RockTundraLand03Snow01Snow
0x3925E~Skyrim.esm|0xB6266~Skyrim.esm

If it does, upload that file.

I checked and its not there. Tried to reinstall Seasons of Skyrim and regenerate new INIs but its still not there.

I guess the fault is in my Load Order?

Edit : I've found it in simplicity of seasons 

SoS_Seasonspatch_WIN.ini

Edited by leostevano

49 minutes ago, leostevano said:

I checked and its not there. Tried to reinstall Seasons of Skyrim and regenerate new INIs but its still not there.

I guess the fault is in my Load Order?

Edit : I've found it in simplicity of seasons 

SoS_Seasonspatch_WIN.ini 24.45 kB · 1 download

In that INI file it is missing the ".esm" for Skyrim.esm from the first entry and thus the entry can not be matched to a plugin and is ignored.

0x03925E~Skyrim|0x0B6266~Skyrim.esm

Change to
0x03925E~Skyrim.esm|0x0B6266~Skyrim.esm

1 minute ago, sheson said:

In that INI file it is missing the ".esm" for Skyrim.esm from the first entry and thus the entry can not be matched to a plugin and is ignored.

0x03925E~Skyrim|0x0B6266~Skyrim.esm

Change to
0x03925E~Skyrim.esm|0x0B6266~Skyrim.esm

So that's why. Thank you for the help. Next time I'll check for typos first before reporting. I think I have a better understanding now. Sorry for the trouble.

2 hours ago, guncai said:

DynDOLOD Version 3.00 Alpha 147

Skyrim LE

Error:Item not found.

1.png

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which log, debug and bugreport.txt to upload when making posts.

Do not post screenshots of messages, use the "Copy this message to clipboard" link and paste the text as explained at https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Copy-and-Paste-Text

https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Use-Search
https://stepmodifications.org/forum/search/?q="item not found"&quick=1&item=17510&type=forums_topic&sortby=newest
finds https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/17510-dyndolod-300-alpha-147/page/548/#comment-27429
to which I replied with a test version https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/17510-dyndolod-300-alpha-147/?do=findComment&comment=274304
and still wait for feedback
Which now posted as Alpha-148

10 hours ago, TwistedModding said:

I'm getting stuck at the main menu after enabling dyndolod.esm. Dyndolod/Texgen generated fine, and there are no errors in any of the plugins generated. Any ideas? Game loads completely fine with dyndolod.esm disabled.

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which DynDOLOD log and debug log to upload.

You set the ESM flag on any plugins in the load order that didn't have it before?

Do a binary search by removing half the records or the other half until only the record causing the problem remains.

Hello Sheson, All,

I got a new system and installed Skyrim from scratch and I am back again with an issue please. 
I checked all the installed mods for error and removed errors as much as possible to make them error free (earlier texgen runs were showing errors and after removing all of the "Error: Could not be found" from mods, Texgen and Dyndolod run fine). Now I get a 50GB dump of Dyndolod output. Does not matter if I run it with full load order or after diabling some of the mods that in my opinion have nothing to with dyndolod (like body mods and beauty mods for example). 
Do I have to disable textures and meshes mods too? I have enabled to have grass LoDs(1) with 25% desity and disabled seasons altoghether.

The game itself runs fine, good performance, looks great, so far with Dyndolod successfully initialized. Is 50GB dyndolod output normal?

Please let me know if you need any other info.

Thank you for your help.

With Regards,

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt TexGen_SSE_log.txt

1 hour ago, Kaizersoze27 said:

Hello Sheson, All,

I got a new system and installed Skyrim from scratch and I am back again with an issue please. 
I checked all the installed mods for error and removed errors as much as possible to make them error free (earlier texgen runs were showing errors and after removing all of the "Error: Could not be found" from mods, Texgen and Dyndolod run fine). Now I get a 50GB dump of Dyndolod output. Does not matter if I run it with full load order or after diabling some of the mods that in my opinion have nothing to with dyndolod (like body mods and beauty mods for example). 
Do I have to disable textures and meshes mods too? I have enabled to have grass LoDs(1) with 25% desity and disabled seasons altoghether.

The game itself runs fine, good performance, looks great, so far with Dyndolod successfully initialized. Is 50GB dyndolod output normal?

Please let me know if you need any other info.

Thank you for your help.

With Regards,

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 2.25 MB · 0 downloads TexGen_SSE_log.txt 458.59 kB · 0 downloads

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which debug logs to also upload when making posts.

See https://dyndolod.info/FAQ#Long-running-time-or-output-several-GB-in-file-size
It mentions to check ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_[GAME MODE]_ModelsUsed_[WORLDSPACE].txt for a list of models.

The DynDOLOD log includes a top 10 list if a certain threshold in a worldspace is exceeded.

For Tamriel:
Meshes\dyndolod\lod\trees\clumpspruce02_8cd38f66passthru_lod.nif used 1083 times, ~ 840.60 MB
Meshes\dyndolod\lod\trees\srg_oak2_11db0fc5passthru_lod.nif used 1378 times, ~ 820.71 MB
Meshes\dyndolod\lod\trees\treepineforest03_bb82d251passthru_lod.nif used 1428 times, ~ 745.39 MB
Meshes\dyndolod\lod\trees\treepineforestsnow05_0f50d2acpassthru_lod.nif used 1594 times, ~ 631.87 MB
Meshes\dyndolod\lod\trees\treepineforest05_2a8ae64bpassthru_lod.nif used 1336 times, ~ 617.34 MB
Meshes\dyndolod\lod\trees\srg_oak3_06988d1dpassthru_lod.nif used 1387 times, ~ 592.32 MB
Meshes\dyndolod\lod\trees\eastmarch_treepineforest05_da6617e8passthru_lod.nif used 1162 times, ~ 539.69 MB
Meshes\dyndolod\lod\trees\treepineforestsnow04_ba71213apassthru_lod.nif used 1367 times, ~ 527.79 MB
Meshes\dyndolod\lod\trees\treepineforest02_0f39cddfpassthru_lod.nif used 949 times, ~ 498.84 MB
Meshes\dyndolod\lod\trees\srg_oak1_53ac741epassthru_lod.nif used 1037 times, ~ 495.09 MB

Those 10 listed trees are about 6GB.

For DLC2SolstheimWorld:
Meshes\dyndolod\lod\trees\treepineforest03_bb82d251passthru_lod.nif used 4135 times, ~ 2158.39 MB
Meshes\dyndolod\lod\trees\treepineforest05_2a8ae64bpassthru_lod.nif used 4562 times, ~ 2108.02 MB
Meshes\dyndolod\lod\trees\treepineforest02_0f39cddfpassthru_lod.nif used 2760 times, ~ 1450.80 MB
Meshes\dyndolod\lod\trees\treepineforestsnow05_0f50d2acpassthru_lod.nif used 3465 times, ~ 1373.54 MB
Meshes\dyndolod\lod\trees\treepineforest04_6d07fe19passthru_lod.nif used 2323 times, ~ 1170.20 MB
Meshes\dyndolod\lod\trees\treepineforestsnow04_ba71213apassthru_lod.nif used 2929 times, ~ 1130.86 MB
Meshes\dyndolod\lod\trees\treepineforestsnow02_79da18e8passthru_lod.nif used 2732 times, ~ 1082.93 MB
Meshes\dyndolod\lod\trees\treepineforestsnow03_234fdbf7passthru_lod.nif used 3256 times, ~ 851.68 MB
Meshes\dyndolod\lod\trees\srg_oak2_11db0fc5passthru_lod.nif used 1392 times, ~ 829.05 MB
Meshes\dyndolod\lod\trees\treepineforestsnowl05_287b36d6passthru_lod.nif used 1791 times, ~ 803.03 MB

Those listed trees are about 12GB.

The LOD output size and how long LOD generation takes is the direct result of the (often not very well made / optimized 3rd party) mods and LOD assets you have installed.

For example treepineforest03_bb82d251passthru_lod.nif seems to be about 520kB.
For comparison, the vanilla 3D tree LOD model treepineforest03passthru_lod.nif included in DynDOLOD Resources is like 13kB.

• Like 1

Thoughts about Parent > Child feature.

In addition to warning about potentially noticeable performance impact, it may be advisable to warn about impact on the reference handle count. This can become a problem for users using "urban sprawl" mods (example 1, example 2, example 3) or dense tree mods (example 1, example 2) for instance, from which child copies would be defined in DynDOLOD.esp rather than DynDOLOD.esm.

In regards to the "covered area":

On 9/5/2023 at 5:37 PM, sheson said:

The covered area is the bounding box of cells with navmehes +- (uLargeRefLODGridSize/2)+1  or (uGridsToLoad/2)+1 

At the risk of repeating myself, I cannot think of a tangible reason to copy non-large references beyond cells with navmeshes +/- (uGridsToLoad/2)+1. Their full model is not visible from the city cells - their LOD is visible instead, so I don't understand what purpose they might have or under which circumstances. But I'd be very happy to be proven wrong with specific examples or scenarios.

If the area covered could be "optimized" depending on whether the parent reference is a large reference or not, this would partially alleviate the reference handle count issue. Or expressed more correctly: the area covered remaining what it currently is, if the copy process could be optimized to selectively copy all large references, and to selectively not copy non-large references placed farther than cells with navmeshes +/- (uGridsToLoad/2)+1.

This is not a complaint or criticism. Simply some what-if food for thought. I'm actually not concerned or affected at all by the issue myself: due to my load order setup, the overwhelming majority of child copies are defined in DynDOLOD.esm.

Thanks for reading.

32 minutes ago, Mousetick said:

Thoughts about Parent > Child feature.

In addition to warning about potentially noticeable performance impact, it may be advisable to warn about impact on the reference handle count. This can become a problem for users using "urban sprawl" mods (example 1, example 2, example 3) or dense tree mods (example 1, example 2) for instance, from which child copies would be defined in DynDOLOD.esp rather than DynDOLOD.esm.

In regards to the "covered area":

At the risk of repeating myself, I cannot think of a tangible reason to copy non-large references beyond cells with navmeshes +/- (uGridsToLoad/2)+1. Their full model is not visible from the city cells - their LOD is visible instead, so I don't understand what purpose they might have or under which circumstances. But I'd be very happy to be proven wrong with specific examples or scenarios.

If the area covered could be "optimized" depending on whether the parent reference is a large reference or not, this would partially alleviate the reference handle count issue. Or expressed more correctly: the area covered remaining what it currently is, if the copy process could be optimized to selectively copy all large references, and to selectively not copy non-large references placed farther than cells with navmeshes +/- (uGridsToLoad/2)+1.

This is not a complaint or criticism. Simply some what-if food for thought. I'm actually not concerned or affected at all by the issue myself: due to my load order setup, the overwhelming majority of child copies are defined in DynDOLOD.esm.

Thanks for reading.

There are other theoretical issues with a lots of things I probably only address if they actually happen / are reported. It is all about limited time I rather spend on something else that is not theoretical.

If a user has a load order where the reference cap is a problem, then I would think they are going to convert such mods to ESM anyhow and that way kill two birds with one stone. DynDOLOD DLL NG requires much less temp reference compared to the scripted version, too.

Hi sheson, I am trying to modify IsHDMeshMask / IsHDTextureMask rules while using DynDOLOD, as we discussed a while back and you showed me how to do with xLODGen. Looking at the changelog, it appears you enabled this functionality in DynDOLOD but I'm not sure how to use it. Where do I put the options file, and what do I name it? I don't see any "no options file found" line in the DynDOLOD log as there was in xLODGen.

4 hours ago, Gamma_Metroid said:

Hi sheson, I am trying to modify IsHDMeshMask / IsHDTextureMask rules while using DynDOLOD, as we discussed a while back and you showed me how to do with xLODGen. Looking at the changelog, it appears you enabled this functionality in DynDOLOD but I'm not sure how to use it. Where do I put the options file, and what do I name it? I don't see any "no options file found" line in the DynDOLOD log as there was in xLODGen.

Search for "LODGen_Options" in the debug log:
[DoObjectLOD] <Debug: Looking for DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE_LODGen_Options_Tamriel.txt for Skyrim.esm Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C]>

A path without a drive letter is relative to the game data path, so it is looking in ..\Data\DynDOLOD\ for the file DynDOLOD_SSE_LODGen_Options_Tamriel.txt just like any other game asset.

• Like 1