DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 180

sheson

5 hours ago, WYH77787980 said:

It seems that what I have encountered is not the same problem as what you have given.I use dyndolod3.33.

https://postimg.cc/QH8ZcmbW

https://postimg.cc/pyBgV8HV

If this is just outside the loaded cells, this could be large reference bugs. Turn off large references and see if one of two snow drifts overlapping each other goes away. If it is the case check the DynDOLOD log for lines about overwritten large references and which references/plugins cause them.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

If this is just outside the loaded cells, this could be large reference bugs. Turn off large references and see if one of two snow drifts overlapping each other goes away. If it is the case check the DynDOLOD log for lines about overwritten large references and which references/plugins cause them.

I turn off large references and the problem is still there.

41 minutes ago, WYH77787980 said:

I turn off large references and the problem is still there.

This is in loaded cells?

Does this go away when typing tll in console to turn LOD off?

How is this related to DynDOLOD 3?

The screenshot shows a vanilla reference. Check which is the last plugin to overwrite the vanilla reference.
If there are two references overlapping each other, also find out the reference form id of the second object.

still having problems getting this to work with grass.. i did the pre cach step with "no grass on objects" with my current load order and there was no problem..but when i try to use texgen to generate   it stops after a while with this error. I dont know why. what am i doing wrong?

image.thumb.png.98ece7a997b5a2b4e215ec052e09b8cb.png

1 hour ago, domjam said:

still having problems getting this to work with grass.. i did the pre cach step with "no grass on objects" with my current load order and there was no problem..but when i try to use texgen to generate   it stops after a while with this error. I dont know why. what am i doing wrong?

image.thumb.png.98ece7a997b5a2b4e215ec052e09b8cb.png

Read the first post what logfiles to provide when making an error report.

Do not post screenshots of text. Instead use the Copy message to clipboard link to copy and paste the text.

Use forum search to find similar posts and threads.

The message "The system can not find the path specified" means that the OS told the program that the path does not exist. In case it actually does, it typically means the OS, UAC, anti vir or some other crapware prevents access.

Ok sorry i missed that part but it wont let me use paste bin as the file is to big. i dont know any other way besides we transfer

Link to log files

My UAC is already off and i dont have any crap ware on my computer. I should also mention that iv generated Dynolod just fine preivously but that was without the grass and hd tree boxes checked and for whatever reason  now its throwing me this error messege regardless i dont no whats going on. the only thing thats different was adding a few more mods and updating MO2. but i disabled those new mods and left it as the original mods that worked when i used DynDOLOD but still its throwing me that error. Any ideas?

Edited by domjam

8 hours ago, domjam said:

Ok sorry i missed that part but it wont let me use paste bin as the file is to big. i dont know any other way besides we transfer

Link to log files

My UAC is already off and i dont have any crap ware on my computer. I should also mention that iv generated Dynolod just fine preivously but that was without the grass and hd tree boxes checked and for whatever reason  now its throwing me this error messege regardless i dont no whats going on. the only thing thats different was adding a few more mods and updating MO2. but i disabled those new mods and left it as the original mods that worked when i used DynDOLOD but still its throwing me that error. Any ideas?

The message "The system can not find the path specified" means that the OS told the program that the path does not exist. In case it actually does, it typically means the OS, UAC, anti vir or some other crapware prevents access. See the threads.

• +1 1

1 hour ago, domjam said:

i cant even run Enderalse anymore. dunno wtf has happend. i get this screen when trying to just run the normal game.

image.thumb.png.6d05788b430a745675d0d0ac15740ffa.png

What does this have supposedly to do with the DynDOLOD 3 alpha test? Seems like an issue with the game setup, SKSE or a SKSE plugin. It is possible OS, UAC, anti vir etc. is blocking them too. The message indicates a similar get path failure issue.

I'm having an issue (I think) with TexGen not finding the game ini.  In the SSETexGen_log.txt, the "Using INI" section reads...

Could not find ini

Computer says "can not be found.

The INI file is missing from its default location at .

Current game mode: Skyrim Special Edition (SSE)"

I've read the RTFM but can only understand about 30% of it.  The steps I've taken so far are

- made sure that "-sse" has been added to the command arguments for TexGen and DynDOLOD in Vortex

- launched the Skyrim Launcher to re-establish the game registries and reboot

I discovered this problem while trying to lower the brightness values of my grass and it seemingly having no effect which is why I decided to post it here.  My apologies if this is the wrong spot.  I also read several posts in these forums (as well as Reddit and Nexus forums) and have come up empty.  I was going to attempt to manually enter the file path in the SSETexGen_log.txt but... I don't know if that's a viable (or potentially dangerous) solution so I thought it best to ask here first.

49 minutes ago, BrotherShamus said:

I'm having an issue (I think) with TexGen not finding the game ini.  In the SSETexGen_log.txt, the "Using INI" section reads...

Could not find ini

Computer says "can not be found.

The INI file is missing from its default location at .

Current game mode: Skyrim Special Edition (SSE)"

I've read the RTFM but can only understand about 30% of it.  The steps I've taken so far are

- made sure that "-sse" has been added to the command arguments for TexGen and DynDOLOD in Vortex

- launched the Skyrim Launcher to re-establish the game registries and reboot

I discovered this problem while trying to lower the brightness values of my grass and it seemingly having no effect which is why I decided to post it here.  My apologies if this is the wrong spot.  I also read several posts in these forums (as well as Reddit and Nexus forums) and have come up empty.  I was going to attempt to manually enter the file path in the SSETexGen_log.txt but... I don't know if that's a viable (or potentially dangerous) solution so I thought it best to ask here first.

Read the first post what logfiles to include when making a post.

Read the log messages. It seems is telling you that the Skyrim.ini is not where it is supposed to be. The purpose of such error message is that the user fixes the problem.
If the SkyrimlINI is at the location, that the OS, UAC, anti vir or some other crap ware is blocking access, obviously. You might have wrong command line arguments setting a wrong INI path..

If you are trying to lower the brightness values of grass LOD, then obviously TexGen/DynDOLOD must have found the INI file before. Pay attention to what has changed in the meantime.

47 minutes ago, sheson said:

Read the first post what logfiles to include when making a post.

Read the log messages. It seems is telling you that the Skyrim.ini is not where it is supposed to be. The purpose of such error message is that the user fixes the problem.
If the SkyrimlINI is at the location, that the OS, UAC, anti vir or some other crap ware is blocking access, obviously. You might have wrong command line arguments setting a wrong INI path..

If you are trying to lower the brightness values of grass LOD, then obviously TexGen/DynDOLOD must have found the INI file before. Pay attention to what has changed in the meantime.

Again... apologies.  I misunderstood the first post and thought it was for logging errors when generating LODs or TexGen Output.  Thank you for the response though... I suspect that when I validated my files through Steam, something went awry (there were 2 missing files).  I'll continue plugging away at this and hopefully post either a resolution or a properly documented issue.

@sheson Scoured this thread, and admittedly haven't scoured the updated doc as much as I could have. If this question is explicitly answered in the doc, I will look harder. Otherwise ...

OP2 says: "To enable grass LOD generation, set Grass=1 ..."

INI says: "set to 1 to enable grass LOD in object LOD level 4, ..."

... so does grass=0 mean that no grass LOD will be generated or just for LOD4? Can you elaborate a bit?

7 hours ago, z929669 said:

@sheson Scoured this thread, and admittedly haven't scoured the updated doc as much as I could have. If this question is explicitly answered in the doc, I will look harder. Otherwise ...

OP2 says: "To enable grass LOD generation, set Grass=1 ..."

INI says: "set to 1 to enable grass LOD in object LOD level 4, ..."

... so does grass=0 mean that no grass LOD will be generated or just for LOD4? Can you elaborate a bit?

Setting Grass=1 enables grass LOD to be generated for the nearest object LOD level 4, not in the higher LOD levels.

• Thanks 1