DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 180

sheson

42 minutes ago, mattski123 said:

Also, I get this bug: S5V9Dsj.pngHere's my modlist https://modwat.ch/u/mattski123, hope this helps. I did change cell btw. As you can see it only happens on some but not all trees. 0hUfsZU.png

Also relating to this, is there any reason why I can't expand grass, or why objects aren't showing? I also have landscape dips if you see here: oT4ZIhf.pngHere's my settings as well: 3ZOPGeB.pngAnd my logs for when it worked: https://easyupload.io/1c1mn3

5 hours ago, mattski123 said:

Also relating to this, is there any reason why I can't expand grass, or why objects aren't showing? I also have landscape dips if you see here: oT4ZIhf.pngHere's my settings as well: 3ZOPGeB.pngAnd my logs for when it worked: https://easyupload.io/1c1mn3

For having an RTX 2070, you have terribly low settings. Your ini files probably should be reset based off your Modwatch. Use sane lod settings. Set bEnableLandFade=0 and adjust your lod settings to something closer to the following:

[TerrainManager]
fBlockLevel0Distance=53248
fBlockLevel1Distance=159744
fBlockMaximumDistance=331776
fSplitDistanceMult=1.000

fSkyCellRefFadeDistance should probably be higher as well. 

40 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

For having an RTX 2070, you have terribly low settings. Your ini files probably should be reset based off your Modwatch. Use sane lod settings. Set bEnableLandFade=0 and adjust your lod settings to something closer to the following:

[TerrainManager]
fBlockLevel0Distance=53248
fBlockLevel1Distance=159744
fBlockMaximumDistance=331776
fSplitDistanceMult=1.000

fSkyCellRefFadeDistance should probably be higher as well. 

Thanks man! What do you suggest I have my fSkyCellRefFadeDistance set to? Also, Is there a predetermined most performance friendly to non pop in ratio'd ini file I can try tune? Or like list of settings? I've tried hunting but can't find any. I can now see NPCs farther away thanks to you! However, I don't seem to have resolved those crevaces as seen here: V4kolLG.jpg

Edited by mattski123
fixing stuff

12 hours ago, mattski123 said:

I got this: https://easyupload.io/ycvmqm

I tried restarting my PC and that resolved it. Maybe looking into that? Also, it was another Arnima one (Beyond Reach) which caused it. Do you think running through CAO might help?

So, it seems to be random record and not reproducible. Wait for next alpha version to see if it still happens.

12 hours ago, guncai said:

An error occurred when running TexGen.exe, DynDOLOD.exe。Add exclusion in windows security center:DynDOLOD.exe、TexGen.exe、LODGen.exe、Texconv.exe。

1.png

2.png

TexGen_TES5_log.txt 2.34 kB · 0 downloads DynDOLOD_TES5_log.txt 2.28 kB · 0 downloads

Do not post screenshots of the error messages, use the "Copy message to clipboard" and paste the text instead as explained on the first post.

Also upload the debug logs and bugreport as explained on the first post.

Make sure the DynDOLOD Standalone archive downloaded and unpacked completely without errors.

Use the x64 versions.

Use  the legal Steam version of the game.

Make sure that the tools are not denied access to files and folders by the OS, UAC, anti vir etc.

11 hours ago, mattski123 said:

Also, I get this bug: S5V9Dsj.pngHere's my modlist https://modwat.ch/u/mattski123, hope this helps. I did change cell btw. As you can see it only happens on some but not all trees. 0hUfsZU.png

Read the ..\DynDOLOD\docs\DynDOLOD-FAQ.txt

FAQ: Game: Tree LOD: LOD trees show in loaded cells

A: Make sure that nothing overwrites the generated LOD files.

A: Make sure all plugins with ITM or deleted references are cleaned. See https://tes5edit.github.io/docs/5-mod-cleaning-and-error-checking.html

A: If the load order / priority of plugins adding or changing tree references was changed, generate tree LOD again so it matches the new load order. Consider using ultra tree LOD (also possible with billboards only) to avoid such engine limitations.

6 hours ago, mattski123 said:

Also relating to this, is there any reason why I can't expand grass, or why objects aren't showing? I also have landscape dips if you see here: Here's my settings as well: And my logs for when it worked: https://easyupload.io/1c1mn3

Grass only renders in loaded cells. You No Grass In Objects to render full grass beyond the loaded cells. Generated grass LOD for object LOD level 4 as explained on the second post or ..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\GrassLOD.html.

Do not set LOD level distances all to the same value. That does not make any sense. Use sane settings from the games launcher or BethINIs

Use xLODGen to generate terrain LOD meshes with protect cell border on.

2 hours ago, mattski123 said:

Thanks man! What do you suggest I have my fSkyCellRefFadeDistance set to? Also, Is there a predetermined most performance friendly to non pop in ratio'd ini file I can try tune? Or like list of settings? I've tried hunting but can't find any. I can now see NPCs farther away thanks to you! However, I don't seem to have resolved those crevaces as seen here: V4kolLG.jpg

As explained in ..\DynDOLOD\docs\DynDOLOD_Manual.html, fSkyCellRefFadeDistance sets the distance of neverfades (IsFullLOD) full models, like clouds and the dynamic LOD. 

Like with all other settings, there is no such thing as the "best" setting for all load orders, setups and personal preference.
Compare 400,000 to lower values if you notice a performance difference. 

On 10/13/2021 at 8:19 PM, sheson said:

Bethesda folder and file naming conventions stipulate that different assets never have the same filename. The DynDOLOD manual explains how automatic full model file name to LOD model matching works. It addition the CRC32 of full model can be used to bind a specific LOD model to a specific full model. The next DynDOLOD Resources 3 LE/SE versions will have a dedicated LOD model for the second rock02.nif. They will also have an LOD model updates for the building from the other post.

Thanks for the update! I tested both the TexGen scaling changes for billboard resolution and the Riften house and stone LOD issue. The TexGen scaling seems perfect now, but its gone both ways, some billboards are now generated smaller, some are 4x bigger than before. But all changes seem reasonable and consistent, just from flying around the map and checking the billboard sizes and according resolution.

The custom Riften house LOD is now fine, I guess the LOD mesh is split in parts now? The stones are okay now too, but they seem to have a very dark texture assigned, or its the mesh itself, not sure. Here are some pics. No other mods are used, ENB is disabled:

Aj1yVzo.png gOgIwjS.png

Edited by Phlunder

27 minutes ago, Phlunder said:

Thanks for the update! I tested both the TexGen scaling changes for billboard resolution and the Riften house and stone LOD issue. The TexGen scaling seems perfect now, but its gone both ways, some billboards are now generated smaller, some are 4x bigger than before. But all changes seem reasonable and consistent, just from flying around the map and checking the billboard sizes and according resolution.

The custom Riften house LOD is now fine, I guess the LOD mesh is split in parts now? The stones are okay now too, but they seem to have a very dark texture assigned, or its the mesh itself, not sure. Here are some pics. No other mods are used, ENB is disabled:

Aj1yVzo.png gOgIwjS.png

The included vanilla LOD model combined two buildings rtmeadery01 and rtmeadery02 the way they are placed in Riften. I just split them apart. I didn't do anything else, so its quality or lack thereof is still the same.

38 minutes ago, sheson said:

The included vanilla LOD model combined two buildings rtmeadery01 and rtmeadery02 the way they are placed in Riften. I just split them apart. I didn't do anything else, so its quality or lack thereof is still the same.

Oh, I didn't mean to imply that anything was lost in the process. Thanks for clearing it up!

Edited by Phlunder

On 10/13/2021 at 1:29 PM, sheson said:

You need to adjust the first two digits of the form id xxAF0500 to the load order for the plugin Thieves Guild Requirements.esp in order for the FormID field of xEdit to find it.

Look up the reference for the bridge in the DynDOLOD plugin and check its EditorID to know the plugin + form id of the reference it is representing. In case it points to a DynDOLOD plugin, repeat until you find the original source.  Let me know what you find.

Apologies for getting back to you late on this. After checking through xedit, I believe the original source is the Windhelm Gate Fixes SE. I'll attach a screenshot of xedit results as well, just in case I was looking in the wrong location. I think I'll just end up removing that mod altogether and rebuilding my DynDOLOD to see if there's a change

dyndolod windhelm bridge.PNG

28 minutes ago, wizkaliffa said:

Apologies for getting back to you late on this. After checking through xedit, I believe the original source is the Windhelm Gate Fixes SE. I'll attach a screenshot of xedit results as well, just in case I was looking in the wrong location. I think I'll just end up removing that mod altogether and rebuilding my DynDOLOD to see if there's a change

dyndolod windhelm bridge.PNG

Perfect.

Add a line 
WindhelmGateFixes_ESL.esp=WindhelmWorld
to
..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs\DynDOLOD_SSE_mod_world_ignore.txt

Then generate LOD.

This update will be included in next alpha version.

Here's a dumb question.  If selecting "occlusion data", should DynDOLOD generate a separate occlusion.esp or is the occlusion data included in DynDOLOD.esp?  Last couple of times I have it, occlusion.esp failed to be generated.  Nothing in the logs to indicate a problem.  Thanks.

29 minutes ago, Zanderat said:

Here's a dumb question.  If selecting "occlusion data", should DynDOLOD generate a separate occlusion.esp or is the occlusion data included in DynDOLOD.esp?  Last couple of times I have it, occlusion.esp failed to be generated.  Nothing in the logs to indicate a problem.  Thanks.

The one time I did it, it created Occlusion.esp and increased my DynDOLOD gen time by a small bit. Worked fine for me as of Alpha 44 I think. I almost never gen occlusion and simply reuse what I have, since landscape isn't changing in my build(s).