DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

14 minutes ago, sheson said:

Read docs/trees.ultra/tools/DynDOLOD_CreateStaticTree.html and docs\trees.ultra\tools\hybrids\DynDOLOD_CreateHybrid.html

The problem with such fading transparency is because the mipmaps of the used textures were created without alpha coverage.

Since it happens, it most likely means the branches in the object LOD BTO use the full textures as is. 
Full/LOD textures which are added to the object LOD atlas are automatically alpha adjusted and their mipmaps are created with alpha coverage and shouldn't have this issue.

The LOD probably can not use the texture on the object LOD atlas, because the UV of the branches is well outside 0 and 1.
Being able to use textures on the atlas is a very important optimizing step.

If it can not be done, create full textures with better mipmaps that are done with alpha coverage. It's a feature offered by TexConv.

I don't have any knowledge regarding UVs and creating textures but ill try to read the manuals/docs in the Dyndo folder. Is there also a manual on how to use TexConv in creating textures?

On 8/1/2021 at 1:09 PM, MITSUYOMI said:

I don't have any knowledge regarding UVs and creating textures but ill try to read the manuals/docs in the Dyndo folder. Is there also a manual on how to use TexConv in creating textures?

https://github.com/Microsoft/DirectXTex/wiki/Texconv

Make use of the -keepcoverage command. Just go with -keepcoverage 1 for first test.

If the UV coordinates are only slight outside of 0/1 you can easily move those with 3DSMax or in NifSkope to be just inside. Those small changes are not really noticeable in the typical distance from the player. 

5 hours ago, MITSUYOMI said:

https://im.ge/i/L0ygW

https://im.ge/i/L0t5r

Hi!, I recently tried the new version of Dyndolod and I decided to create a 3d Lod patch for the "A little tree mod WIP" by T4GTR34UM3R. What I usually do is copy the BsFadeNode from the emptypassthrulod.nif from the resources folder then paste it into the main nif file of the tree, then I copy the BStrishapes or NiTrishapes to that BsFadeNode, then delete the other branches. I then ran the nif file to 3dsMax by importing it there and run "ProOptimizer" on each parts of the nif file to optimize it. I then use the script for CRC32 naming and then save it as a zip then run Texgen and Dyndolod exe's. The problem is that in the links for the pictures above I have this weird problem at which the leaves are transparent but whenever I hover to the lod using "tfc 1" command, the leaves try to appear slightly. Never encountered that problem when I was creating a patch for 3d lods for tree mods. Do you know perhaps what might be the cause of the leaves of the LOD trees becoming invisible/transparent. Thank you. 

Sounds like 3DsMax is messing up the alpha thresholds in the meshes or the alpha thresholds of the base crown meshes are > 128 ... or the texture format/mips are the proble.

I would skip the 'optimization' piece via 3dsMax and simply copy the crowns into empty_passthru_lod.nif and trunks into empty_trunk.nif (using "save as" from emptypassthrulod.nif). Then combine using hybrid.bat. This at least rules out that as being the issue.

EDIT: I just saw sheson's response, so that is probably the issue ... I would still try without the 3dsMax optimization piece though.

18 minutes ago, bm257d said:

i cant get a grass lod to generate, i have a grass cache and grass is set to 1, so im not sure why its not working, i can send log files if you want but im not sure which ones i need, so if you could tell me if you need any then ill post them. thanks

Please thoroughly and carefully read first and second posts on this thread. They give you all the info needed.

1 hour ago, z929669 said:

Please thoroughly and carefully read first and second posts on this thread. They give you all the info needed.

so ive read the posts and generated lod again, it still hasnt work so im posting the log files onto ufile.io (texgen, dyndolod and lodgen as im not sure where the error is actually occurring) https://ufile.io/f/0r7jn

35 minutes ago, bm257d said:

so ive read the posts and generated lod again, it still hasnt work so im posting the log files onto ufile.io (texgen, dyndolod and lodgen as im not sure where the error is actually occurring) https://ufile.io/f/0r7jn

Your DynDOLOD log says you have output in C:\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\

So not sure what the issue is. Did you create a mod from that output?

Remember that your LOD is completely different from your NGIO grass rendering, so it would be helpful if you posted a screen highlighting the issue.

6 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Your DynDOLOD log says you have output in C:\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\

So not sure what the issue is. Did you create a mod from that output?

i get an output, but the grass lod is missing. everything else is there

7 minutes ago, bm257d said:

i get an output, but the grass lod is missing. everything else is there

Remember that your LOD is completely different from your NGIO grass rendering, so it would be helpful if you posted a screen highlighting the issue.

1 hour ago, bm257d said:

here is a screenshot, it only displays in the active cells, the grass lod doesnt seem to generate https://ufile.io/xykourd2

I only have rudimentary understanding of many of the log messages.

In TexGen log you have errors like this:

[03:18] <Error: Can not find file Meshes\landscape\grass\egrass02marsh.nif Skyrim.esm FrozenMarshGrass01 [GRAS:0004013C]>
[03:18] <Error: Error processing Meshes\landscape\grass\egrass02marsh.nif Skyrim.esm FrozenMarshGrass01 [GRAS:0004013C]>

In DynDOLOD log, you have errors like this:

[00:05] <Warning: Can not find file Meshes\cwi\clutter\tueffechimeh.nif used by CollegeOfWinterholdImmersive.esp CWITueffelChimeHavok [MSTT:1A295E62]>
[00:05] <Warning: Can not find file Meshes\landscape\plants\mixgrass01.nif used by ViscousGrass.esp mixgrass01 [STAT:1B022F48]>
[00:06] <Warning: Can not find file Meshes\landscape\plants\mixgrass01.nif used by ViscousGrassGrass.esp mixgrassDUPLICATE002 [STAT:1B02710C]>

You have PHP errors in your LODGen log that I have never seen before.

I would look at the mods providing these resources or your installation of those mods.

sheson will have better advice no doubt, but I suspect either a bad install, plugin issues with Viscous Grass mod, incompatibility of grass mod with DynDOLOD, etc.

7 minutes ago, z929669 said:

I only have rudimentary understanding of many of the log messages.

In TexGen log you have errors like this:

[03:18] <Error: Can not find file Meshes\landscape\grass\egrass02marsh.nif Skyrim.esm FrozenMarshGrass01 [GRAS:0004013C]>
[03:18] <Error: Error processing Meshes\landscape\grass\egrass02marsh.nif Skyrim.esm FrozenMarshGrass01 [GRAS:0004013C]>

In DynDOLOD log, you have errors like this:

[00:05] <Warning: Can not find file Meshes\cwi\clutter\tueffechimeh.nif used by CollegeOfWinterholdImmersive.esp CWITueffelChimeHavok [MSTT:1A295E62]>
[00:05] <Warning: Can not find file Meshes\landscape\plants\mixgrass01.nif used by ViscousGrass.esp mixgrass01 [STAT:1B022F48]>
[00:06] <Warning: Can not find file Meshes\landscape\plants\mixgrass01.nif used by ViscousGrassGrass.esp mixgrassDUPLICATE002 [STAT:1B02710C]>

You have PHP errors in your LODGen log that I have never seen before.

I would look at the mods providing these resources or your installation of those mods.

sheson will have better advice no doubt, but I suspect either a bad install, plugin issues with Viscous Grass mod, incompatibility of grass mod with DynDOLOD, etc.

ill try install a short mod list with mods that should work and then try it, and see if i have any luck. i wont be able to that until tomorrow so ill post the result then 

15 minutes ago, bm257d said:

ill try install a short mod list with mods that should work and then try it, and see if i have any luck. i wont be able to that until tomorrow so ill post the result then 

Yeah, that's probably a good bet. This way, we can rule out any issues with Viscous Grass mod, which I have zero experience with.

You can check your NGIO and DynDOLOD configs against our WIP instructions:

https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/SkyrimSE:2.0.0#DynDOLOD

EDIT: re-posting your relevant logs for sheson to review. They are kind of a pain to get at on that service, and the debug logs are always pretty huge:

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txtTexGen_SSE_log.txtLODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt

9 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Yeah, that's probably a good bet. This way, we can rule out any issues with Viscous Grass mod, which I have zero experience with.

You can check your NGIO and DynDOLOD configs against our WIP instructions:

https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/SkyrimSE:2.0.0#DynDOLOD

thanks for the help, like i said, i should be able to let you know what happens tomorrow. is there a particular grass md you would recommend trying it with? 

7 minutes ago, bm257d said:

thanks for the help, like i said, i should be able to let you know what happens tomorrow. is there a particular grass md you would recommend trying it with? 

Try Cathedral Landscapes. We use that and have generated grass LOD successfully many times with it. This is what the guide I linked uses.