DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

20 minutes ago, Warlock174 said:

Hello, I'm using the most recent alpha (As of 30/07/2021) of DynDOLOD 3.0, but I keep getting an error in TexGen where it says "Insufficient Memory", it also doesn't generate most of the billboards, I'll provide a screenshot and also upload the bugreport text, and sorry if my english is not good, it's my 2nd lanugage lol

TexGen Outout error.png

bugreport TexGen 3.0.txt 43.03 kB · 0 downloads

Search this thread for "out of memory", and you will find several other posts like yours and sheson's responses.

30 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Search this thread for "out of memory", and you will find several other posts like yours and sheson's responses.

Thanks, I should've done that first before posting, it worked now, turns out it was using the integrated graphics on my laptop instead of the dedicated graphics card lol

58 minutes ago, Warlock174 said:

Hello, I'm using the most recent alpha (As of 30/07/2021) of DynDOLOD 3.0, but I keep getting an error in TexGen where it says "Insufficient Memory", it also doesn't generate most of the billboards, I'll provide a screenshot and also upload the bugreport text, and sorry if my english is not good, it's my 2nd lanugage lol

TexGen Outout error.png

bugreport TexGen 3.0.txt 43.03 kB · 0 downloads

Do not post screenshots of text/log. Read the first post which log files to upload when making posts.

The message says exactly what happens. The system runs out of memory. In this context it runs out of VRAM.

10 hours ago, Zazanel said:

Hello (sorry for filling this sub)

Well the title say all, my SE map has weird ugly, flickering angles in water like Lake Ilinalta after running Dyndolod, i put "A Quality World Map" below everything in MO2 but still... even when i disable the mod, still this weird issue (of course).

What can i do to fix my lovely map? I tried to follow this but nothing: "

Just generate the LOD 32 terrain meshes. No need to generate the same of anything else. It should only take seconds.

Enable the checkbox for terrain LOD only, check meshes, uncheck build diffuse/normal. In the lower left check Specific Chunk. Set drop down to 32, leave W and S empty.

Or set W to -32 and S to 0, then it will generate only that one specific terrain mesh Tamriel.32.-32.0.btr for that area with the specified quality/optimize unseen settings."

Thank you :)

DynDOLOD generates tree and object LOD. It does not affect water LOD or terrain LOD in any way.

Use xLODGen terrain LOD beta to generate terrain LOD meshes which includes water LOD. Read the first post of xLODGen terrain LOD beta (the part about optimize unseen) and also search the thread for previous discussion about the same topic.

18 hours ago, z929669 said:

RE the 'comment': Thanks for confirming

RE LODGenThreadSplit: Confirm that my setting to '16' and having a successful run after was purely coincidence. I since ran successfully again with it set to zero.

RE my 'issue': I had installed the general Alpha 10 Resources by mistake for my first couple of runs, getting the error with ../Data/creationkit/. missing files. I had since corrected that. In total, I had 4 runs with the then-reproducible behavior mentioned. 2 with incorrect Resources and 2 with correct. All were 'dead' runs in that DynDOLODx64 was in a sort of stasis, not locking and not getting past the point of validating LOD assets. I could not invoke TaskManager or Event Viewer during this 'statsis', which lasted upwards of 10 min each time. I had restarted MO before third 'bad' run and my PC before the fourth. Still reproducible at this point.

I did then execute DynDOLODx64 itself once with admin privileges (outside of MO2) just to fiddle ... no unexpected issue. Then I restarted MO2 in admin mode (I normally just run it normally) and changed LODGenThreadSplit=16 in the INI. Then I had a successful run as mentioned. No evidence that it had anything to do with these previous actions.

My previous report was a fluke with unknown cause, so nothing further to share at this time other than it seems to be running as expected.

What does "the general Alpha 10 Resources" mean and why is installing the latest version of DynDOLOD Resources a mistake?

What tool had an error with ../Data/creationkit/. missing files? What was the exact error message, log etc?

What are incorrect and correct Resources?

What does can not invoke Task Manager means? It typically can always be started via the CTRL+Alt+DEL menu.

The previous report had a debug log that stated the error message "DynDOLOD Resources SE version information not found. Verify correct installation", which is printed to the log right before the message window with the same error message is shown to the user. The error message is shown if the version INI flie of DynDOLOD Resources can not be found in the load order.

我從Alpha 33升級到了Alpha 35。
但是第一次出現問題,DYNDOLOD去[Tamriel] Generating object LOD並停止運行。
我不知道原因,請幫助我。

Translation: I upgraded from Alpha 33 to Alpha 35. But the first time something went wrong, DYNDOLOD went to the "Tamriel" Generating object LOD and stopped running. I don't know why, please help me.

https://ufile.io/euumqc92

https://ufile.io/v3bm6mda

https://ufile.io/r876itlf

On 7/26/2021 at 4:23 PM, sheson said:

Something - maybe not efficient scripts / performance issues / settings - in your load order is causing papyrus to dumps stacks. Whatever scripts get dumped because of overload can not complete their work properly. The log messages start with Dumping stack ... The dumped scripts are not necessarily the ones causing issues.

FAQ: Game: Out of place objects / floating objects / flickering full models 
A: If the load order had script lag and deactivating/activating from the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM main page does not reset out of place objects, do the clean save routine where "old" and "new" plugin are the same. Consider generating less demanding dynamic LOD, see 'Performance' section in ..DynDOLOD\Docs\DynDOLOD_Manual.html 

You could check the log if after everything else settled (after initial startup of everything) and doing above "reset",  if things keep going fine afterwards.
Alternatively start new game, but without DynDOLOD. Once a few minutes into the game (or out of the cave after the intro for examle) make a save and only then enable DynDOLOD.

Test if removing Birdsofskyrim and/or Footprints helps.
Also check the INI settings related to papyrus. make sure FPS stays over 30.

if performance is generally a problem and you do not want to sacrifice anything else, use a lower DynDOLOD preset or do not check the high settings for windows so they are done as static object LOD.

Ok, thank you very much Sheson! for everything!

3 hours ago, CmT said:

我從Alpha 33升級到了Alpha 35。
但是第一次出現問題,DYNDOLOD去[Tamriel] Generating object LOD並停止運行。
我不知道原因,請幫助我。

Translation: I upgraded from Alpha 33 to Alpha 35. But the first time something went wrong, DYNDOLOD went to the "Tamriel" Generating object LOD and stopped running. I don't know why, please help me.

https://ufile.io/euumqc92

https://ufile.io/v3bm6mda

https://ufile.io/r876itlf

Restart the PC, clean out the log folder, delete bugreport.txt and test if the problem can be repeated. Check if it uses CPU when it looks like it is doing nothing. If it can be repeated upload the new debug log and bugreport.txt (if it exists)

Leave TexGen sizes at default when generating textures.

8 hours ago, sheson said:

What does "the general Alpha 10 Resources" mean and why is installing the latest version of DynDOLOD Resources a mistake?

What tool had an error with ../Data/creationkit/. missing files? What was the exact error message, log etc?

What are incorrect and correct Resources?

What does can not invoke Task Manager means? It typically can always be started via the CTRL+Alt+DEL menu.

The previous report had a debug log that stated the error message "DynDOLOD Resources SE version information not found. Verify correct installation", which is printed to the log right before the message window with the same error message is shown to the user. The error message is shown if the version INI flie of DynDOLOD Resources can not be found in the load order.

I installed Alpha 10 Resources for LE rather than SE by mistake. So I got an error about missing files expected by SE version.

TaskManager and Event Viewer would not load while DynDOLODx64 was running. Only after closing it by clicking twice on th 'x'

Hey folks. I am unsure why, but I’m having a really hard time getting good color for Grass LOD with Cathedral Landscapes. I’ve tried settings on here, as well as going to websites and trying out different RGB values to find colors (even though it’s a bit off because most values I find are between zero and 225, while the values are a bit different in the inis, tho it’s simple enough to work around since you know to add more red, or more green, etc..)

i’m currently testing in the Tameriel worldspace, trying again with the brown grass. I am using an Obsidian  ENB, and with ENB off and muted colors, it’s less contrast, but still doesn’t match well. I can likely go a bit more extreme to get a matching color for the tundra, but then I worry about how it will impact other traditionally greener grasses in other areas of Tamriel. How are folks finding a good balanced value for the whole worldspace? And why might some settings users have here not be working for me despite using the same Grass and Landscapes? For example, I see many people here have blue as the highest value, and that generally has my grass settings looking, well, fairly bluer than they should.

also, how big of a performance impact can one expect switching from grass mode one to grass mode two? I imagine it’s different for everyone depending on specs, but do you folks usually notice a 10% drop, 5%, a frame or two, 10 frames, etc.?

edit: finally found decent settings, at least at this time of day.

Top: 0.340, 0.300, 0.160

Bottom: 0.215, 0.180, 0.80

seems to be fairly consistent in other areas too, for now at least

ScreenShot68.png

Edited by EazyH

1 hour ago, z929669 said:

I installed Alpha 10 Resources for LE rather than SE by mistake. So I got an error about missing files expected by SE version.

TaskManager and Event Viewer would not load while DynDOLODx64 was running. Only after closing it by clicking twice on th 'x'

xEdit/DynDOLOD does not change CTRL+ALT+DEL behavior of Windows or in any way block the OS. Sounds like there is an issue with OS or hardware.

16 hours ago, sheson said:

Restart the PC, clean out the log folder, delete bugreport.txt and test if the problem can be repeated. Check if it uses CPU when it looks like it is doing nothing. If it can be repeated upload the new debug log and bugreport.txt (if it exists)

Leave TexGen sizes at default when generating textures.

new debug log https://ufile.io/tonpj7gi

thanks.
According to the operation, no problem occurred.
But there is a small problem. When running, the computer will have DELAY when running other programs. Such as chrome.

12 minutes ago, CmT said:

new debug log https://ufile.io/tonpj7gi

thanks.
According to the operation, no problem occurred.
But there is a small problem. When running, the computer will have DELAY when running other programs. Such as chrome.

There is is a lot of CPU usage for processing all the plugins/records and the assets and then generating LOD meshes with xLODGen and converting textures with TexConv also use GPU.

It can not really be helped that this is a work intensive process. You could try changing the priority of the program with task manager.

https://im.ge/i/L0ygW

https://im.ge/i/L0t5r

Hi!, I recently tried the new version of Dyndolod and I decided to create a 3d Lod patch for the "A little tree mod WIP" by T4GTR34UM3R. What I usually do is copy the BsFadeNode from the emptypassthrulod.nif from the resources folder then paste it into the main nif file of the tree, then I copy the BStrishapes or NiTrishapes to that BsFadeNode, then delete the other branches. I then ran the nif file to 3dsMax by importing it there and run "ProOptimizer" on each parts of the nif file to optimize it. I then use the script for CRC32 naming and then save it as a zip then run Texgen and Dyndolod exe's. The problem is that in the links for the pictures above I have this weird problem at which the leaves are transparent but whenever I hover to the lod using "tfc 1" command, the leaves try to appear slightly. Never encountered that problem when I was creating a patch for 3d lods for tree mods. Do you know perhaps what might be the cause of the leaves of the LOD trees becoming invisible/transparent. Thank you. 

26 minutes ago, MITSUYOMI said:

https://im.ge/i/L0ygW

https://im.ge/i/L0t5r

Hi!, I recently tried the new version of Dyndolod and I decided to create a 3d Lod patch for the "A little tree mod WIP" by T4GTR34UM3R. What I usually do is copy the BsFadeNode from the emptypassthrulod.nif from the resources folder then paste it into the main nif file of the tree, then I copy the BStrishapes or NiTrishapes to that BsFadeNode, then delete the other branches. I then ran the nif file to 3dsMax by importing it there and run "ProOptimizer" on each parts of the nif file to optimize it. I then use the script for CRC32 naming and then save it as a zip then run Texgen and Dyndolod exe's. The problem is that in the links for the pictures above I have this weird problem at which the leaves are transparent but whenever I hover to the lod using "tfc 1" command, the leaves try to appear slightly. Never encountered that problem when I was creating a patch for 3d lods for tree mods. Do you know perhaps what might be the cause of the leaves of the LOD trees becoming invisible/transparent. Thank you. 

Read docs/trees.ultra/tools/DynDOLOD_CreateStaticTree.html and docs\trees.ultra\tools\hybrids\DynDOLOD_CreateHybrid.html

The problem with such fading transparency is because the mipmaps of the used textures were created without alpha coverage.

Since it happens, it most likely means the branches in the object LOD BTO use the full textures as is. 
Full/LOD textures which are added to the object LOD atlas are automatically alpha adjusted and their mipmaps are created with alpha coverage and shouldn't have this issue.

The LOD probably can not use the texture on the object LOD atlas, because the UV of the branches is well outside 0 and 1.
Being able to use textures on the atlas is a very important optimizing step.

If it can not be done, create full textures with better mipmaps that are done with alpha coverage. It's a feature offered by TexConv.