DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

5 hours ago, aufisch said:

I am not sure where to place a suggestion, so I just place it here. You can move it anytime if you want to.

I am currently in the process of creating LOD's with DynDOLOD v3 alpha 33. Thing that I have noticed;

v3 is even more finicky about creating LOD than v2.9 was. I really appreciate the fact that it checks for errors within the single mods (which is really helpful for large mod-lists in general), but I really would appreciate if the checking mode would run to it's end and the dialogue with a full list of errors would pop up at the very end. (you can still make it so that DynDOLOD can not be run with the errors present tough). That way we would not have to endure a neverending cycle (with long mod lists) of twiggling thumbs while DynDOLOD starts - the menu - the checking process - error message - run xEdit to fix the problem, rince and repeat.

Having said that; DynDOLOD is finally running through, and I can't wait to see the brand new version in action. Thanks a lot for keeping this gem up to date.  :)

Use xEdit error check before hand and pay attention to its warning messages and finalize the load order before generating LOD. There really shouldn't be (m)any errors after that.

On 7/22/2021 at 6:32 AM, sheson said:

Disabling plugins is a troubleshooting step.

Read FAQ: Game: Out of place objects / floating objects / flickering full models 

Read the first post what to include when making a bug report post. Also include how to reproduce the problem.
Additional information to provide would be the name of the plugin and form id mentioned by the EditorID of the LOD window reference in the DynDOLOD plugin.

This is DynDOLOD_TES5_log.txt:

https://pastebin.com/QbtZeU1S

Editor IDs in the LOD window references:

For Dragonsreach:

dyndolodesp_07E2C8_skyrimesm_056ABF_DynDOLOD_CHILD_Tamriel_DynDOLOD_GLOW

dyndolodesp_07E2A3_skyrimesm_056AC0_DynDOLOD_CHILD_Tamriel_DynDOLOD_GLOW

For Temple of Nine Divines: skyrimesm_0F4FEC_Tamriel_DynDOLOD_GLOW

For Bard's College: skyrimesm_07ADFA_Tamriel_DynDOLOD_GLOW

For Blue Palace: skyrimesm_07ADF8_Tamriel_DynDOLOD_GLOW

How to reproduce the problem: It presents itself everytime that I run DynDOLOD with my current load order or with slight variations to it.

Edited by Abbot

This was in reference to this:

On 7/21/2021 at 7:43 PM, Abbot said:

Since I'm here, I would like to profit from this occasion to possibly solve another problem. I have the infamous "double window" bug whenever I check the "glowing windows" option (no matter the version of DynDOLOD that I use). Not everywhere, just on Dragonsreach in Whiterun and on the Nine DIvines Temple, the Bard College, and the Blue Palace in Solitude. I use ELFX -Exteriors. What should I do to prevent the bug from producing itself? Would it be counter-productive to disable ELFX-Exteriors and its assets before generating DynDOLOD?

[01:00] [Tamriel] Generating object LOD
[01:31] [Tamriel] Executing "E:\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\LODGenx64.exe" --inputfile "E:\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Export_Tamriel.txt" --logfile "E:\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt"
[01:31] [Tamriel] Creating texture atlas E:\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\Textures\DynDOLOD\LOD\DynDOLOD_Tamriel.dds 8192 x 8192
[01:36] [Tamriel] Creating texture atlas E:\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\Textures\DynDOLOD\LOD\DynDOLOD_Tamriel_Glow.dds 1024 x 512
[03:41] [Tamriel] Generating tree LOD
Item not found
Computer says "Item not found."

SO anyone have had this issue before and how does one solve it?

4 hours ago, verrik said:

[01:31] [Tamriel] Executing "E:\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\LODGenx64.exe" --inputfile "E:\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Export_Tamriel.txt" --logfile "E:\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt"
[01:31] [Tamriel] Creating texture atlas E:\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\Textures\DynDOLOD\LOD\DynDOLOD_Tamriel.dds 8192 x 8192
[01:36] [Tamriel] Creating texture atlas E:\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output\Textures\DynDOLOD\LOD\DynDOLOD_Tamriel_Glow.dds 1024 x 512
Item not found

I could only guess ... carefully read the first post about logs to post and how to post them:

13 hours ago, Abbot said:

This is DynDOLOD_TES5_log.txt:

https://pastebin.com/QbtZeU1S

Editor IDs in the LOD window references:

For Dragonsreach:

dyndolodesp_07E2C8_skyrimesm_056ABF_DynDOLOD_CHILD_Tamriel_DynDOLOD_GLOW

dyndolodesp_07E2A3_skyrimesm_056AC0_DynDOLOD_CHILD_Tamriel_DynDOLOD_GLOW

For Temple of Nine Divines: skyrimesm_0F4FEC_Tamriel_DynDOLOD_GLOW

For Bard's College: skyrimesm_07ADFA_Tamriel_DynDOLOD_GLOW

For Blue Palace: skyrimesm_07ADF8_Tamriel_DynDOLOD_GLOW

How to reproduce the problem: It presents itself everytime that I run DynDOLOD with my current load order or with slight variations to it.

What plugins overwrite the mentioned vanilla references or their base records?

When does it happen? What do you have to do in the game to see it?

Does it happen when testing with a new game?

Check the papyrus log for error messages.

4 hours ago, verrik said:

Item not found

Read the first post what entire log files from the last LOD generation to include when making reports.

https://stepmodifications.org/forum/search/?q=item not found&quick=1&type=forums_topic&item=15606

Based on these earlier discussion this might be caused by having pre-made billboards installed.

5 hours ago, sheson said:

What plugins overwrite the mentioned vanilla references or their base records?

When does it happen? What do you have to do in the game to see it?

Does it happen when testing with a new game?

Nothing seems to override the references 056abf, 056ac0, 0f4fec, 07adfa or their base objects besides DynDOLOD itself.

07adf8 is overwritten by Legacy of the Dragonborn.esp, but this plugin just replaces the vanilla base record with another vanilla base record (which is not overwritten by anything) and adds the "Visible when Distant" flag.

When looking at the exterior windows of any one of the mentioned buidings (e.g. Dragonsreach castle), even while just standing and not doing anything else, duplicates of the windows periodically appear and disappear floating at a certain distance from the windows themselves. The duplicates are a lot darker than their "original" counterparts.

Does it happen with a new game? Yes. Everytime.

I don't know if it is a problem of script latency since all other windows seem to be perfectly fine.

Edited by Abbot

1 hour ago, Abbot said:

Nothing seems to override the references 056abf, 056ac0, 0f4fec, 07adfa or their base objects besides DynDOLOD itself.

07adf8 is overwritten by Legacy of the Dragonborn.esp, but this plugin just replaces the vanilla base record with another vanilla base record (which is not overwritten by anything) and adds the "Visible when Distant" flag.

When looking at the exterior windows of any one of the mentioned buidings (e.g. Dragonsreach castle), even while just standing and not doing anything else, duplicates of the windows periodically appear and disappear floating at a certain distance from the windows themselves. The duplicates are a lot darker than their "original" counterparts.

Does it happen with a new game? Yes. Everytime.

I don't know if it is a problem of script latency since all other windows seem to be perfectly fine.

In what worldspace does this happen? What do you have to do to see it?
Describe how to reproduce this... 1) Start a new game by method x, 2) I wait until DynDOLOD initialized, 3) I then do y, etc. 

Do you use PapyrusUtil or DynDOLOD DLL?

28 minutes ago, sheson said:

Describe how to reproduce this... 1) Start a new game by method x, 2) I wait until DynDOLOD initialized, 3) I then do y, etc. 

I start new games normally, by clicking on the "new game" prompt in the main menu. SInce I use Realm of Lorkhan, the game starts from the Realm of Lorkhan's cell. Once all mods are loaded, I save and then re-load the game from that save. Then I coc into Anise's Cabin's basement and enter the main Skyrim worldspace by exiting said basement (normally, through the ladder). I wait until the "DynDOLOD succesfully initialized" message appears, then I coc to WhiterunExterior01. I then run to the main Whiterun door and enter Whiterun normally. Once I enter, I wait a few seconds, then I run at normal speed towards Dragonsreach. I then coc into SolitudeOrigin and then run towards the Temple of the Nine Divines etc.

I use PapyrusUtil, I'll go finding the log.

Edited by Abbot

2 hours ago, sheson said:

The Papyrus log is of course, very big. What part are you specifically looking for?

Maybe I could upload it as a zip file?

36 minutes ago, Abbot said:

The Papyrus log is of course, very big. What part are you specifically looking for?

Maybe I could upload it as a zip file?

Why is it big, is it full of error messages? From unrelated plugins?
Generate DynDOLOD for the vanilla game, test how things work then.

Yes, upload entire log to a file service.

1 hour ago, Abbot said:

Can you download from this link? https://ufile.io/hxdrfzp3

Something - maybe not efficient scripts / performance issues / settings - in your load order is causing papyrus to dumps stacks. Whatever scripts get dumped because of overload can not complete their work properly. The log messages start with Dumping stack ... The dumped scripts are not necessarily the ones causing issues.

FAQ: Game: Out of place objects / floating objects / flickering full models 
A: If the load order had script lag and deactivating/activating from the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM main page does not reset out of place objects, do the clean save routine where "old" and "new" plugin are the same. Consider generating less demanding dynamic LOD, see 'Performance' section in ..DynDOLOD\Docs\DynDOLOD_Manual.html 

You could check the log if after everything else settled (after initial startup of everything) and doing above "reset",  if things keep going fine afterwards.
Alternatively start new game, but without DynDOLOD. Once a few minutes into the game (or out of the cave after the intro for examle) make a save and only then enable DynDOLOD.

Test if removing Birdsofskyrim and/or Footprints helps.
Also check the INI settings related to papyrus. make sure FPS stays over 30.

if performance is generally a problem and you do not want to sacrifice anything else, use a lower DynDOLOD preset or do not check the high settings for windows so they are done as static object LOD.

Hi!

The new dyn reources alpha 10 update , I see some meshes/texutres are new (and they are really good), however, I see in alpha 9 there are some files absent in alpha 10, and I mean a lot of it, is this something I should worry about (maybe like use both with 10 overwriting 9), or I should not care, it's not suggested?