DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

On 6/21/2021 at 3:38 AM, CharlotteJC said:

I am not 100% sure where to post this, however I will try here.  I would like to know why being the only thing changed in my LOD generation being adding in Blazing Aspens, everything else remaining the same, ASIDE from updating Dyndolod 3.0 off nexus..... (guess I know better then to fix/update something that isn't broken now), has now completely after 26 attempts at rebuilding LODS, nothing comes even close anymore to the fidelity of resolution I had previously with LODS built before adding in Blazing Aspens and updating Dyndolod from Nexus.  

Mods used, Majestic Mountains, Enhanced Vanilla Trees, Aspens Ablaze, CG4 Trees and Bushes

These are before updating pictures

https://i.imgur.com/dEaJev0.png

https://i.imgur.com/le0HUSZ.png

Now however, and NOTE, texture resolution nor texgen settings OR brightness settings, lod settings, etc, have changed. 

https://i.imgur.com/fF4Teqs.png

https://i.imgur.com/cwe8QJe.png

Its a night and day difference, which oddly the aspens I wished to add in work perfectly, and that is it.  Now out of my 26 attempts, which I know was 26 due to noticing outputs I had binned, only the one above got even CLOSE to the original.  I even tried rebuilding the original setup WITHOUT Aspens Ablaze, and the same occurred.  I also noticed the mountain colors changed too, which I find odd.  And yes, all files for LOD are correct and in there proper place.  They actually read perfectly fine, however, even in later attempts adjusting the resolution made zero difference.  Might also add I do have the needed files to generate LOD's, scripts are up to date as well any needed resources.  As well, I build these lods with EXACTY what is needed, I don't add fluff and follow the Step Rules for ini edits in a quarantined environment outside from any other mods.  I'm a bit of a perfectionist in modding, I blame that on my computer engineering degree.   I honestly have no idea how or why the change is so drastic.  Any help on the matter would be appreciated, or, least bring attention to it.

Char~

There are updated TexGen configs in DynDOLOD 2.96 for Majestic Mountains. It will be included in the next alpha version as well. Simply copy it over for now.

From 2.x:
..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE_TexGen_noalpha_majesticmountains_landscapeesm.txt
..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE_TexGen_copy_majesticmountains_landscapeesm.txt
to 3.x:
..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs\DynDOLOD_SSE_TexGen_noalpha_majesticmountains_landscapeesm.txt
..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs\DynDOLOD_SSE_TexGen_copy_majesticmountains_landscapeesm.txt

Hi sheson,

Running TexGen 3.0 a33 I get the following error:  Error: invalid operation.

I have no problems running the 2.96 version.

bugreport: https://pastebin.com/wJzFRYif

there are some errors like this in TexGen SSE Log and Debug log:

[03:33] <Error: Can not find file textures\landscape\trees\erowanbranch01_n.dds used by Meshes\cwi\flora\hoddminir\trees\hodrowantreegkb03wflowers.nif CollegeOfWinterholdImmersive.esp CWIHodRowan [TREE:2E28E5EB]>
[03:33] <Error: Can not find file textures\landscape\trees\erowanbranch01_n.dds used by Meshes\cwi\flora\hoddminir\trees\hodrowantreegkb03wflowers.nif CollegeOfWinterholdImmersive.esp CWIHodRowan [TREE:2E28E5EB]>
[03:34] <Error: Can not find file textures\landscape\trees\erowanbranch01_n.dds used by Meshes\cwi\flora\hoddminir\trees\hodrowantreegkb03wflowers.nif CollegeOfWinterholdImmersive.esp CWIHodRowan [TREE:2E28E5EB]>
[03:34] <Error: Can not find file textures\landscape\trees\erowanbranch01_n.dds used by Meshes\cwi\flora\hoddminir\trees\hodrowantreegkb03wflowers.nif CollegeOfWinterholdImmersive.esp CWIHodRowan [TREE:2E28E5EB]>

but disabling Immersive College Of Winterhold didn't change anything...

Edited by nexu55555

1 hour ago, nexu55555 said:

Hi sheson,

Running TexGen 3.0 a33 I get the following error:  Error: invalid operation.

I have no problems running the 2.96 version.

bugreport: https://pastebin.com/wJzFRYif

there are some errors like this in TexGen SSE Log and Debug log:

but disabling Immersive College Of Winterhold didn't change anything...

Read the first post what logfiles to upload when making reports.

Also read the first post and the included documentation to learn what is different in DynDOLOD 3.

The error messages says that a texture is missing. Seems pretty straight forward that there is a problem in the load order. Not sure what the question is?

Hello, long time user, first time poster. After a while of not playing I decided to get back into modding my skyrim SE and VR to all hell and I've been running into a problem that I can't seem to find a fix for on my own. When I run TexGen, I get caught on an error each time and generation fails partway through:

Can not load file F:\Programs\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\DynDOLOD-temp\textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslabtemp.dds. 

My Pastebin logs are below:

TexGen_SSE_log.txt: https://pastebin.com/5BP78nZ6

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt: https://zerobin.net/?6f5a99a2e3427671#OsFJgpBs3doH8xSviIyTH2FgDCfPRMFF4jqrMizIASo= (had to find a different website to fit the whole thing on)

Thanks in advance for any help and let me know if there's anything else I need to present.

6 hours ago, rpizza29 said:

Hello, long time user, first time poster. After a while of not playing I decided to get back into modding my skyrim SE and VR to all hell and I've been running into a problem that I can't seem to find a fix for on my own. When I run TexGen, I get caught on an error each time and generation fails partway through:

Can not load file F:\Programs\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\DynDOLOD-temp\textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslabtemp.dds. 

My Pastebin logs are below:

TexGen_SSE_log.txt: https://pastebin.com/5BP78nZ6

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt: https://zerobin.net/?6f5a99a2e3427671#OsFJgpBs3doH8xSviIyTH2FgDCfPRMFF4jqrMizIASo= (had to find a different website to fit the whole thing on)

Thanks in advance for any help and let me know if there's anything else I need to present.

For Majestic Mountains copy 2 files from 2.x version. I missed one in the other post:

From 2.x:
..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE_TexGen_noalpha_majesticmountains_landscapeesm.txt
..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE_TexGen_copy_majesticmountains_landscapeesm.txt
to 3.x:
..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs\DynDOLOD_SSE_TexGen_noalpha_majesticmountains_landscapeesm.txt
..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs\DynDOLOD_SSE_TexGen_copy_majesticmountains_landscapeesm.txt

56 minutes ago, sheson said:

For Majestic Mountains copy 2 files from 2.x version. I missed one in the other post:

From 2.x:
to 3.x:

This fixed the problem, thanks so much!

29 minutes ago, bm257d said:

texgen has generated grass files, and in dyndolod_sse i have set grass=1, but no grass lod is being created

Re-read second post? Look at NGIO settings and how they articulate with DynDOLOD config settings. Precache grass. There is also a troubleshooting section at the end of that. Some mods also do not properly set object bounds for grasses.

In my own step-by-step directions I wrote myself for running XLODGEN/Dyndolod/Occlusion, I have a note to disabled the Bashed Patch during the whole process. I'm trying to track down where I got that info from and I just can't find it. I'm thinking that note is obsolete? Should the Bashed Patch stay enabled during that whole process or not? (Sorry for such a basic question, I did a search and couldn't 't find anything.)

2 hours ago, Glanzer said:

In my own step-by-step directions I wrote myself for running XLODGEN/Dyndolod/Occlusion, I have a note to disabled the Bashed Patch during the whole process. I'm trying to track down where I got that info from and I just can't find it. I'm thinking that note is obsolete? Should the Bashed Patch stay enabled during that whole process or not? (Sorry for such a basic question, I did a search and couldn't 't find anything.)

Temporarily disabling plugins is a troubleshooting step.
In the past several errors were found and fixed in the bashed patch.

The log says this:
"Found Bashed Patch.esp. In case there are errors, test if removing the Bashed Patch allows generation without problems. If it does, it means the Bashed Patch is broken. Use a newer version of Wrye Bash to create a new patch"

2 hours ago, Stefan said:

Just to be 152% sure. Does this work with Fallout 4? Or because there are no resources, it doesn't. Thank you.

What is DynDOLOD? 
FO4LODGen

There should be FO4 modding guides that explain how to install the available improved  LOD assets mods and FO4LODGen Resources to generate better LOD with xLODGen

• Thanks 1

I tried finding and editing all the lines here:

But the only actual lines which I could find were th ones I needed to change in no grass in objects. There ones on this post don't come up in the .ini. Any ideas on how to resolve this?

5 hours ago, mattski123 said:

I tried finding and editing all the lines here:

But the only actual lines which I could find were th ones I needed to change in no grass in objects. There ones on this post don't come up in the .ini. Any ideas on how to resolve this?

What settings can you not find in the ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini from DynDOLOD 3 alpha?

Really read the second post..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\GrassLOD.html  carefully. For every setting it says which file to find it in.