DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

43 minutes ago, QuantumToaster said:

I removed the TNFVanillaHomes.esp which was the one causing the HITME errors and originally it didn't work after rebooting my computer and trying again in the morning DynDOLOD ran properly using the same settings. I had already checked  my modlist for errors but I decided to run DynDOLOD before going in and fixing the ones I knew how to fix and it worked without having to fix the errors, I'll test further and give any relevant updates.

These are the xEdit errors I found some of which I intended to fix if it still didn't work.

https://pastebin.com/6mFgXhkx

You want to fix the "Could not be resolved" and "Mesh -> Found a REFR reference, expected: NAVM" errors.

8 hours ago, sheson said:

Remove all patches for open cities as well when doing the first pass. E.g. notice board - open cities patch.esp

This works. Thank you so much Sheson!

EDIT: Pretty unrelated, however I have to ask, the mod Notice Board - Open Cities doesn't work. I've converted it into SSE by loading and saving it in CK but it doesn't show at all in game. Can anyone points me which forum would be proper to consult about this (As the Notice Board mod is no longer supported by the author)? Thank you.

Edited by gmahadhika91

2 hours ago, sheson said:

snip/

From the ultra tree LOD manual:
"This will turn off traditional tree LOD generation in DynDOLOD.exe and create an empty OUTPUT PATH\Meshes\Terrain\Tamriel\Trees\Tamriel.lst file. This file causes the game to disable all tree traditional billboard tree LOD. Alternatively set fTreeLoadDistance=0 in SkyrimPrefs.ini or the DynDOLOD MCM Settings page."

OK, so it is implied. I understand now how it would not be possible to 'render' a text *.btt file. I am trying to fully understand so that if/when I explain it to our readers, I don't misrepresent reality. So, the following statements must be true?:

• fTreeLoadDistance affects the distance from the PC that tree billboards are rendered on the atlas (as opposed to 'full' trees closer to the PC)
  • fTreeLoadDistance affects traditional billboard tree LOD and NOT object tree LOD.
  • Ticking "Ultra" in settings, OR setting fTreeLoadDistance=0 disables traditional billboard tree LOD.

6 minutes ago, z929669 said:

OK, so it is implied. I understand now how it would not be possible to 'render' a text *.btt file. I am trying to fully understand so that if/when I explain it to our readers, I don't misrepresent reality. So, the following statements must be true?:

• fTreeLoadDistance affects the distance from the PC that tree billboards are rendered on the atlas (as opposed to 'full' trees closer to the PC)
  • fTreeLoadDistance affects traditional billboard tree LOD and NOT object tree LOD.
  • Ticking "Ultra" in settings, OR setting fTreeLoadDistance=0 disables traditional billboard tree LOD.

Make the first one more like:
fTreeLoadDistance affects the distance from the center cell how far traditional billboard tree LOD is rendered (as opposed to 'full' trees closer to the PC)

Second one should not really say "object tree LOD".  Object LOD is a NIF with a list of combined shapes that share the same shader/textures that have no relation anymore to what they actually depict. To the engine its just triangles to render. Hence the phrase trees done in object LOD, just as mountains or structures are done in object LOD.

3 minutes ago, sheson said:

Make the first one more like:
fTreeLoadDistance affects the distance from the center cell how far traditional billboard tree LOD is rendered (as opposed to 'full' trees closer to the PC)

Second one should not really say "object tree LOD".  Object LOD is a NIF with a list of combined shapes that share the same shader/textures that have no relation anymore to what they actually depict. To the engine its just triangles to render. Hence the phrase trees done in object LOD, just as mountains or structures are done in object LOD.

AWESOME. This is the advice for which I was fishing. I can get confused by phraseology, since I am a literal thinker (and pedantic to boot ... very annoying, I know).

@sheson Problem solved :)

I unarchived meshes's BSA, to look for the textures used on the bugged buildings, and finally found what was wrong.

For the bandits towers it was TB's Towers 4k, the ridgedstone textures overwrited my ruins textures (Rudy's)

And i also think that changed load order for Majestic to be placed before BDS has did something too. (sounds more logic this way)

Anyway, thank your for your time and for pointing stuff that i was far to think about.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers !

7 hours ago, K4MI20L said:

@sheson Problem solved :)

I unarchived meshes's BSA, to look for the textures used on the bugged buildings, and finally found what was wrong.

For the bandits towers it was TB's Towers 4k, the ridgedstone textures overwrited my ruins textures (Rudy's)

And i also think that changed load order for Majestic to be placed before BDS has did something too. (sounds more logic this way)

Anyway, thank your for your time and for pointing stuff that i was far to think about.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers !

Great. You can use xEdit Archive Browser that is started with CTRL+F3 to filter by filename to see a list of all containers (BSA, data folder for loose files) that contain a file etc.

Hi Sheson, I've yet again found a bugged mountain. It's just North East of Windhelm, and I can confirm this bug is present with only a handful of mods namely:
- USSEP
- Alternate Start
- Open Cities

Hence, I've made sure there are no .bto files installed. DynDOLOD generation doesn't solve this problem. Also, the mountain in question has no collision and it has no information when clicked. How do I fix this? Thank you again.

https://imgur.com/a/7dkmuYf

45 minutes ago, gmahadhika91 said:

Hi Sheson, I've yet again found a bugged mountain. It's just North East of Windhelm, and I can confirm this bug is present with only a handful of mods namely:
- USSEP
- Alternate Start
- Open Cities

Hence, I've made sure there are no .bto files installed. DynDOLOD generation doesn't solve this problem. Also, the mountain in question has no collision and it has no information when clicked. How do I fix this? Thank you again.

https://imgur.com/a/7dkmuYf

The last image does not show any mountain? It shows terrain LOD as far as I can tell.

Check with xEdit Asset Browser (CTRL+F3) if a Tamriel.4.92.-4.bto exists. If none exists you will need to double check the position. You are probably one quad (e.g. 4 cells) off. That far out is typically only vanilla LOD files as this area was cut from the vanilla plugins.

Make sure to update occlusion for this load order.

The last image does not show any mountain? It shows terrain LOD as far as I can tell.

I beg your pardon, I'm not really sure what qualifies as a "terrain" or a "mountain".

Check with xEdit Asset Browser (CTRL+F3) if a Tamriel.4.92.-4.bto exists. If none exists you will need to double check the position. You are probably one quad (e.g. 4 cells) off. That far out is typically only vanilla LOD files as this area was cut from the vanilla plugins.

Uumm...no. The .btr file does exist, but not the .bto one. It originates from vanilla mesh1.bsa.

Make sure to update occlusion for this load order.

You mean this is the solution to said problem?

33 minutes ago, gmahadhika91 said:

I beg your pardon, I'm not really sure what qualifies as a "terrain" or a "mountain".

Uumm...no. The .btr file does exist, but not the .bto one. It originates from vanilla mesh1.bsa.

You mean this is the solution to said problem?

Terrain is the ground you walk on. It can not really be clicked. Everything else is objects. Looking at the foggy images I probably though we looking at a rocky mountain model.

Rectangular holes in the LOD that appear/disappear when moving form one cell to the next is the broken vanilla occlusion data or outdated occlusion data.

Hi there, I am trying to add Open Cities to the Phoenix Flavour modpack and after coming across some LOD issues it turned out that I needed to run DynDOLOD again with for Open Cities. I start following the instructions in the manual but I keep getting a "Duplicates not allowed" exception and when I click to get details about the error message it just takes me to the Exception page of the manual. It's really vague but the error occurs after trying to generate the LODs for TamrielTerrarinUnderside. When I check that log, there doesn't appear to be any issues finsihing with a code 0.

Any advice would be appreciated.

My debug log was 53 MB so I have zipped all the logs together and uploaded them to my One Drive.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aq5otHHOYW2Uip0uCTVGEjG5P_V09A?e=JiAVjV

LODGen_SSE_TamrielTerrainUnderside_log.txt DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt bugreport.txt

1 hour ago, KittyFemboi said:

Hi there, I am trying to add Open Cities to the Phoenix Flavour modpack and after coming across some LOD issues it turned out that I needed to run DynDOLOD again with for Open Cities. I start following the instructions in the manual but I keep getting a "Duplicates not allowed" exception and when I click to get details about the error message it just takes me to the Exception page of the manual. It's really vague but the error occurs after trying to generate the LODs for TamrielTerrarinUnderside. When I check that log, there doesn't appear to be any issues finsihing with a code 0.

Any advice would be appreciated.

My debug log was 53 MB so I have zipped all the logs together and uploaded them to my One Drive.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aq5otHHOYW2Uip0uCTVGEjG5P_V09A?e=JiAVjV

LODGen_SSE_TamrielTerrainUnderside_log.txt 829 B · 3 downloads DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 294.68 kB · 2 downloads bugreport.txt 67.83 kB · 2 downloads

It seems  you generated the first step incorrectly with dynamic LOD and saved and installed the DynDOLOD plugins.There should be no DynDOLOD plugins loaded when doing the second pass.

Make sure to really follow the instructions.

I'm getting low quality iceberg LOD on only some icebergs. Most of the icebergs from the mod I'm using have LOD generated just fine, https://imgur.com/a/AMfmEBq, but some of them, like in the pic, don't.    

The same mod that covers all the icebergs that have LOD that looks fine also covers the icebergs with the super low qual LOD. The meshes/textures for those low-qual LOD icebergs look fine when close up (i.e. when no LOD is being shown for them), so it's not an issue with the overall quality of the base textures/meshes afaik.

Is this even a dyndolod issue or is it xlodgen? I thought xlodgen but someone who gives help a lot on skyrimmods disc said it's dyndolod.

edit: i've got LOD levels in the MCM set to around 30k/90k/130k, splitdistmult at .67, most meshes have LOD that looks totally fine, it's just some icebergs so far that dont.

Edited by tweedledumb99

2 hours ago, tweedledumb99 said:

I'm getting low quality iceberg LOD on only some icebergs. Most of the icebergs from the mod I'm using have LOD generated just fine, https://imgur.com/a/AMfmEBq, but some of them, like in the pic, don't.    

The same mod that covers all the icebergs that have LOD that looks fine also covers the icebergs with the super low qual LOD. The meshes/textures for those low-qual LOD icebergs look fine when close up (i.e. when no LOD is being shown for them), so it's not an issue with the overall quality of the base textures/meshes afaik.

Is this even a dyndolod issue or is it xlodgen? I thought xlodgen but someone who gives help a lot on skyrimmods disc said it's dyndolod.

edit: i've got LOD levels in the MCM set to around 30k/90k/130k, splitdistmult at .67, most meshes have LOD that looks totally fine, it's just some icebergs so far that dont.

LOD models are lower quality version of full  models. Hence LOD is lower quality than full models.
DynDOLOD Resources does not change or replace the vanilla LOD models for icebergs and glaciers. It adds a few new LOD models that were missing.
Typically icebergs and glaciers use pre-rendered LOD textures that TexGen can not yet generate automatically,
xLODGen/DynDOLOD simply use the LOD models and LOD textures that are currently installed in the load orders. So typically vanilla, unless a mod replaces them.

Changing the distances for the different LOD models, does not change the quality of the LOD models.

If you know the reference from id of an iceberg you can look it up in ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_Object_Report.txt to see which LOD models were used and found for the different LOD levels.

Since you are posting  in the DynDOLOD 3 alpha thread, I have to ask:  Is there any difference compared to how LOD is generated with DynDOLOD 2.96?