DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 180

sheson

2 minutes ago, sheson said:

Check what happens with this test version https://mega.nz/file/pAoX0TjD#td7VDPGKxts2kpLCmOvPVChGScDq1oKMWeJO29gEiko

Delete old logs first again.

If problem persists, run eat least twice to verify the error is exactly the same or not.

Still getting a stack overflow, on different files each time

First run:

[Main Instruction]
Error: Stack overflow while processing E:\Mods\[Bethesda Stuff]\Patchers and Similar Tools (Xedit, Wrye Bash,Loot etc)\DynDOLOD & TexGen\DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173\TexGen_Output\textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\tundragrassobj03_0002acd3.

Second Run:

[Main Instruction]
Error: Stack overflow while processing E:\Mods\[Bethesda Stuff]\Patchers and Similar Tools (Xedit, Wrye Bash,Loot etc)\DynDOLOD & TexGen\DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173\TexGen_Output\textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\reachgrassobj01_00053491.

run 1 logs.zip run 2 logs.zip

20 minutes ago, Roastlawyer said:

Still getting a stack overflow, on different files each time

First run:

[Main Instruction]
Error: Stack overflow while processing E:\Mods\[Bethesda Stuff]\Patchers and Similar Tools (Xedit, Wrye Bash,Loot etc)\DynDOLOD & TexGen\DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173\TexGen_Output\textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\tundragrassobj03_0002acd3.

Second Run:

[Main Instruction]
Error: Stack overflow while processing E:\Mods\[Bethesda Stuff]\Patchers and Similar Tools (Xedit, Wrye Bash,Loot etc)\DynDOLOD & TexGen\DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173\TexGen_Output\textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\reachgrassobj01_00053491.

run 1 logs.zip 126.21 kB · 1 download run 2 logs.zip 123.42 kB · 1 download

Test if it works if you move DynDOLOD to a path that does not have non-alphanumeric characters, like E:\Mods\DynDOLOD\ for example.

3 minutes ago, sheson said:

Test if it works if you move DynDOLOD to a path that does not have non-alphanumeric characters, like E:\Mods\DynDOLOD\ for example.

Made a copy of dyndolod/texgen with that latest test exe at E:\Mods\DYNDOLOD\ and that one still gets a stack overflow

TexGen

[Main Instruction]
Error: Stack overflow while processing E:\Mods\DYNDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\reachgrassobj01_00053491.

bugreport.txt TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt TexGen_SSE_log.txt

9 minutes ago, Roastlawyer said:

Made a copy of dyndolod/texgen with that latest test exe at E:\Mods\DYNDOLOD\ and that one still gets a stack overflow

TexGen

[Main Instruction]
Error: Stack overflow while processing E:\Mods\DYNDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\reachgrassobj01_00053491.

bugreport.txt 298.42 kB · 0 downloads TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt 1.98 MB · 0 downloads TexGen_SSE_log.txt 35.94 kB · 0 downloads

Run this test version and upload new logs https://mega.nz/file/MdoURCqY#RnWafgx8ToZvqArPuNApIovT_MKe2xwcda6iY-ZUh8A

What mod are the grass full models like ..\Meshes\landscape\grass\reachgrassobj01.nif from?

2 minutes ago, sheson said:

Run this test version and upload new logs https://mega.nz/file/MdoURCqY#RnWafgx8ToZvqArPuNApIovT_MKe2xwcda6iY-ZUh8A

What mod are the grass full models like ..\Meshes\landscape\grass\reachgrassobj01.nif from?

Because it was being problematic I've went back to a vanilla load order with just skse and a few .dll mods like engine fixes and papyrus utils, the only mod I have that has any meshes or textures at all is dyndolod resources. Everything is otherwise just the 1.5.97 BSA's

bugreport.txt TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt TexGen_SSE_log.txt

15 minutes ago, Roastlawyer said:

Because it was being problematic I've went back to a vanilla load order with just skse and a few .dll mods like engine fixes and papyrus utils, the only mod I have that has any meshes or textures at all is dyndolod resources. Everything is otherwise just the 1.5.97 BSA's

bugreport.txt 296.87 kB · 0 downloads TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt 2.88 MB · 0 downloads TexGen_SSE_log.txt 41.08 kB · 0 downloads

Check with this test version https://mega.nz/file/5YwgUYiC#WK1KS-68ENfRaJxtzjr7vv9iSSWetLQQheCrxSDaMZ0

10 minutes ago, Roastlawyer said:

That test version ran successfully on the vanilla load order. I'll give it a try on my full one.
EDIT: Ran successfully on the full load order as well.

Thanks for letting us know. Just keep using that test version then until the next official Alpha release.

28 minutes ago, sheson said:

Thanks for letting us know. Just keep using that test version then until the next official Alpha release.

Sorry to be a pain again but after generating dyndolod my tree lods still look like normal billboard trees. I'm using vanilla trees which should have 3d lods from dyndolod resources right? I made sure to selecte ultra trees.

Edit: somehow I was looking at the output logs from alpha 128, before. The actual logs from this run say that the 3d lod models aren't found though dyndolod resources has a bunch of passthrough_Lod.nifs for them

DynDOLOD_SSE_Tree_Report.txt

Edited by Roastlawyer

9 minutes ago, Roastlawyer said:

Sorry to be a pain again but after generating dyndolod my tree lods still look like normal billboard trees. I'm using vanilla trees which should have 3d lods from dyndolod resources right? I made sure to selecte ultra trees. The SSE_Tree_Report is also full of things like

TreePineForest01 [TREE:0001306D] Meshes\landscape\trees\treepineforest01.nif [CRC32:113D79CB] using textures\landscape\trees\treepineforestbranchcomp.dds, textures\landscape\trees\treepineforestbranchcomp_n.dds, textures\landscape\trees\treepineforestbarkcomp.dds, textures\landscape\trees\treepineforestbarkcomp_n.dds
	Vanilla tree, Billboard DDS/TXT not found textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\treepineforest01_0001306d.dds, 3D LOD model found
	Level0: meshes\dyndolod\lod\trees\treepineforest01passthru_lod.nif [CRC32:4DE94352] using textures\landscape\trees\treepineforestbranchcomp.dds, textures\landscape\trees\treepineforestbranchcomp_n.dds, textures\dyndolod\lod\trees\treepineforest01_trunk_1.dds, textures\dyndolod\lod\trees\treepineforest01_trunk_1_n.dds, textures\dyndolod\lod\trees\treepineforest01_trunk_2.dds, textures\dyndolod\lod\trees\treepineforest01_trunk_2_n.dds
	Level1: meshes\dyndolod\lod\trees\treepineforest01passthru_lod.nif [CRC32:4DE94352] using textures\landscape\trees\treepineforestbranchcomp.dds, textures\landscape\trees\treepineforestbranchcomp_n.dds, textures\dyndolod\lod\trees\treepineforest01_trunk_1.dds, textures\dyndolod\lod\trees\treepineforest01_trunk_1_n.dds, textures\dyndolod\lod\trees\treepineforest01_trunk_2.dds, textures\dyndolod\lod\trees\treepineforest01_trunk_2_n.dds
	Level2: meshes\dyndolod\lod\trees\treepineforest01passthru_lod.nif [CRC32:4DE94352] using textures\landscape\trees\treepineforestbranchcomp.dds, textures\landscape\trees\treepineforestbranchcomp_n.dds, textures\dyndolod\lod\trees\treepineforest01_trunk_1.dds, textures\dyndolod\lod\trees\treepineforest01_trunk_1_n.dds, textures\dyndolod\lod\trees\treepineforest01_trunk_2.dds, textures\dyndolod\lod\trees\treepineforest01_trunk_2_n.dds
	Dynamic: Meshes\landscape\trees\treepineforest01.nif [CRC32:113D79CB] using textures\landscape\trees\treepineforestbranchcomp.dds, textures\landscape\trees\treepineforestbranchcomp_n.dds, textures\landscape\trees\treepineforestbarkcomp.dds, textures\landscape\trees\treepineforestbarkcomp_n.dds
	Mask: \	File:
	LOD4: Full
	LOD8: None
	LOD16: None
	Grid: NeverFadeFull	Reference: Unchanged

which seems odd because the texture is definitely showing in MO2 and shows as coming from the texgen run I just did. Edit uploaded wrong logs, 1 moment

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which DynDOLOD log and debug log to upload when making post.

Make a useful screenshot of the full model with more informative console and a close up of the LOD model with tlc as explained in https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#In-Game-Screenshots

Upload the entire DynDOLOD_SSE_Object_Report.txt.

Do not use full model trees for LOD. Set Level0 instead. Set Billboard for the higher LOD levels. See https://dyndolod.info/Help/Ultra-Tree-LOD

Generate all required and desired billboards with TexGen before generating LOD with DynDOLOD.

15 minutes ago, sheson said:

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which DynDOLOD log and debug log to upload when making post.

Make a useful screenshot of the full model with more informative console and a close up of the LOD model with tlc as explained in https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#In-Game-Screenshots

Upload the entire DynDOLOD_SSE_Object_Report.txt.

Do not use full model trees for LOD. Set Level0 instead. Set Billboard for the higher LOD levels. See https://dyndolod.info/Help/Ultra-Tree-LOD

Generate all required and desired billboards with TexGen before generating LOD with DynDOLOD.

Right sorry. I'm not sure what I had done the first time but I reran dyndolod and now it all looks as expected. Sorry for the poorly done false alarm.

Edited by Roastlawyer

Hi Sheson, so I made a Complex Material support for Skyland, and it seems TexGen tried to copy FarmWindowInterior01 in a vanilla way.

image.thumb.png.fe6d0c352e0747901c53a90629623b98.pngimage.thumb.png.28002b34a6203f418f263f4ae3fcf826.png

image.thumb.png.99c9f63ba3ea3870ee068205db6ec3c7.pngimage.thumb.png.d4fc75c1f4faae2efafb9728f2ac604c.png

Complex Material has height map in the alpha channel, while TexGen has white alpha like vanilla. So this made the farmhouse window green.

Here's the logs :

Logs.rar 

Edit : It seems with the TexGen and Dyndolod output disabled, they are still green. My mistake.

Edited by leostevano

34 minutes ago, leostevano said:

Hi Sheson, so I made a Complex Material support for Skyland, and it seems TexGen tried to copy FarmWindowInterior01 in a vanilla way.

image.thumb.png.fe6d0c352e0747901c53a90629623b98.pngimage.thumb.png.28002b34a6203f418f263f4ae3fcf826.png

image.thumb.png.99c9f63ba3ea3870ee068205db6ec3c7.pngimage.thumb.png.d4fc75c1f4faae2efafb9728f2ac604c.png

Complex Material has height map in the alpha channel, while TexGen has white alpha like vanilla. So this made the farmhouse window green.

Here's the logs :

Logs.rar 345.67 kB · 0 downloads

I suspect the binary alpha of LOD textures limits things, but see: https://dyndolod.info/Help/TexGen-Configuration

Note the bit just above the data table.

2 hours ago, leostevano said:

Here's the logs :

Logs.rar 345.67 kB · 0 downloads  

Edit : It seems with the TexGen and Dyndolod output disabled, they are still green. My mistake.

In the vanilla game farmwindowinterior01_m.dds is used as a glow map for glow shaders in the vanilla meshes. There is no farmwindowinterior01_g.dds.
The current TexGen configuration for farmwindowinterior01_m.dds is to remove the alpha channel while it increases the intensity of mipmaps, since glow maps typically do not have an alpha channel.

If there are mods where farmwindowinterior01_m.dds is not a glow map and it needs to be left alone (and/or the glow map has a different filename), I'll need to address that in the tools and configs.