DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

19 minutes ago, LucidAPs said:

Thank you, let me know if more info is needed. Disabling near grid upgrade fixes it.
bugreport.txtDynDOLOD_SSE_Textures_Used_Tamriel.txtDynDOLOD_SSE_Dynamic_LOD.txtDynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt

Does the error happen consistently with the same record?

The debug log gets replaced with each start, so it does not contain the log from session with the error anymore.

If you can reproduce the error, upload that debug log and also the normal log as explained in the first post and teh new bugreport.txt

The Textures_Used and Dnamic_LOD files in the log folder are not needed.

Which version of JKs Skyrim.esp are you using?

Is any plugin overwriting 38009E5E?

Hey Sheson

I have no idea what would be blocking access to the folder for the texgen output and I'm more confused since it it happens mid process and not right away with the first textures. I'm seriously stumped and never had these issues before. It's getting pretty demoralizing. 

7 hours ago, Arrocito said:

Hey Sheson

I have no idea what would be blocking access to the folder for the texgen output and I'm more confused since it it happens mid process and not right away with the first textures. I'm seriously stumped and never had these issues before. It's getting pretty demoralizing. 

Programs use standard OS function to read and write files. If the OS function fails it returns an error message. The program can only relay that message.
It is either the UAC or some the tied-in antivir or something is already accessing by another program etc.

In the process it is the first time that a texture is being copied from that data folder / BSA to the output folder. AntVirs also check the contents of data being written. One file might be fine, while another isn't.

Start xEdit with entire load order. Start the Asset Browser with CTRL+F3. Put the source filename into the filter field. The first listed container is the winning BSA or teh data folder for loose files. Right click and select Save As (from the winning container). See what happens.

Hey sheson! Thanks for all the latest improvements to DynDOLOD 3.0. The renderer for custom object and tree LOD textures is really something else, perfect match now! Having trees with normal maps in object LOD helps a lot too, once they are matched in terms of brightness of the diffuse, they blend well in every situation! Good stuff!

I still have issues with blending the damn glaciers, even with custom made LOD textures to match, their horrible UVs make it hard to make them look good. For mountains/unique, I used a suggestion of yours from a while ago, creating a ruleset that pushes certain LOD stages farther out. The LOD4 step of mountain LOD almost always uses the full mountainslab texture, so pushing that step out to LOD8 helps a lot. Could a similar thing be done with glaciers as well? Their LOD4 model already uses custom textures though. Maybe pushing the full model (they are not very complex in terms of shape) out to LOD4 or LOD8? Would that be possible with rules? Performance impact is a given of course.

Edited by Phlunder

34 minutes ago, Phlunder said:

Hey sheson! Thanks for all the latest improvements to DynDOLOD 3.0. The renderer for custom object and tree LOD textures is really something else, perfect match now! Having trees with normal maps in object LOD helps a lot too, once they are matched in terms of brightness of the diffuse, they blend well in every situation! Good stuff!

I still have issues with blending the damn glaciers, even with custom made LOD textures to match, their horrible UVs make it hard to make them look good. For mountains/unique, I used a suggestion of yours from a while ago, creating a ruleset that pushes certain LOD stages farther out. The LOD4 step of mountain LOD almost always uses the full mountainslab texture, so pushing that step out to LOD8 helps a lot. Could a similar thing be done with glaciers as well? Their LOD4 model already uses custom textures though. Maybe pushing the full model (they are not very complex in terms of shape) out to LOD4 or LOD8? Would that be possible with rules? Performance impact is a given of course.

Of course, just create a mesh mask rule that targets part of the path/filename of the full model of whatever it is you want to target with custom rules.

However, keep in mind that LOD does not support parallax, so using such full models for object LOD is probably not going to look as expected.

4 hours ago, sheson said:

Of course, just create a mesh mask rule that targets part of the path/filename of the full model of whatever it is you want to target with custom rules.

However, keep in mind that LOD does not support parallax, so using such full models for object LOD is probably not going to look as expected.

Thanks for the quick response! Yes, I noticed, due to the missing capability I had to make changes to the LOD textures to take the visual impact of the parallax effect on full models into account. Now that I think of it, to give those full models as LOD a different texture, I would have to make them a different mesh with unique texture path assigned. I wonder if it would make sense to just replace the LOD models with the full ones, and assign a special texture to it. Not sure why they've gone through the trouble of making so many unique LOD meshes for those glaciers, they don't really have much shape complexity to begin with.

Thanks for the ideas! I'll try to figure something out. Best way would be to create new reduced LOD models for the glaciers of course... Just beyond my capabilities.

1 hour ago, Phlunder said:

Thanks for the quick response! Yes, I noticed, due to the missing capability I had to make changes to the LOD textures to take the visual impact of the parallax effect on full models into account. Now that I think of it, to give those full models as LOD a different texture, I would have to make them a different mesh with unique texture path assigned. I wonder if it would make sense to just replace the LOD models with the full ones, and assign a special texture to it. Not sure why they've gone through the trouble of making so many unique LOD meshes for those glaciers, they don't really have much shape complexity to begin with.

Thanks for the ideas! I'll try to figure something out. Best way would be to create new reduced LOD models for the glaciers of course... Just beyond my capabilities.

Consoles. Also, full modes and LOD models not having to closely matching 3D shapes helps to reduce texture z-fighting while both show for that brief second.

Sure, you can just take the 3D shape data (maybe do a slight decimation) from the full model and update shader + textures.

I am making custom rules that load with a mod, but the following rules are always overridden as follows:

fxwaterfallbody,None,Level1,Level2,None,FarLOD,Unchanged,1,DynDOLOD_SSE_all_dynamic.ini
dlc2cliffbasalt,Level0,Level1,Level1,None,FarLOD,Unchanged,0,DynDOLOD_SSE_High.ini
dlc2dwecluttercolmlarge01,Full,None,None,None,FarLOD,Unchanged,0,DynDOLOD_SSE_High.ini
dlc2dwe,Level0,Level1,Level1,None,FarLOD,Unchanged,0,DynDOLOD_SSE_High.ini
redorantemple01,Level0,Level1,Level1,None,FarLOD,Unchanged,1,DynDOLOD_SSE_High.ini
windhelmbridge,Level0,Level1,Level2,None,None,Unchanged,5,DynDOLOD_SSE_High.ini

All the other rules load fine. I have attached my rules INI file.

DynDOLOD_SSE_maptweaksesp_high.ini

If I'm not mistaken, your rule additions have conflicting priority with the default preset. I believe that you could use a spreadsheet to interleave your custom rules with the default, merging and renumbering in the wanted priority. You will need to remove default rules matching your new ones also, I'd say. Seems faster than inputting via the gui anyway.

Oof ... I guess I didn't know that the preset INIs allowed 'append' of custom mesh rules via mod-included rules. Duh. I assumed that the line numbering like "LODGen 202" actually indicated priority ... but it seems like it's just a line counter that must update internally (without duplication) when eternal rules are appended/injected/interleaved.

6 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

I am making custom rules that load with a mod, but the following rules are always overridden as follows:

fxwaterfallbody,None,Level1,Level2,None,FarLOD,Unchanged,1,DynDOLOD_SSE_all_dynamic.ini
dlc2cliffbasalt,Level0,Level1,Level1,None,FarLOD,Unchanged,0,DynDOLOD_SSE_High.ini
dlc2dwecluttercolmlarge01,Full,None,None,None,FarLOD,Unchanged,0,DynDOLOD_SSE_High.ini
dlc2dwe,Level0,Level1,Level1,None,FarLOD,Unchanged,0,DynDOLOD_SSE_High.ini
redorantemple01,Level0,Level1,Level1,None,FarLOD,Unchanged,1,DynDOLOD_SSE_High.ini
windhelmbridge,Level0,Level1,Level2,None,None,Unchanged,5,DynDOLOD_SSE_High.ini

All the other rules load fine. I have attached my rules INI file.

DynDOLOD_SSE_maptweaksesp_high.ini 14.72 kB · 3 downloads

Post the debug log as explained in the first post.

Heya. I decided to try DynDOLOD 3 for the grass LOD's, but they're not showing up. Or at least, my theory is that only a very tiny amount of it is showing up, but in game, I really can't make any out at all. Even when I set fov to 20 or so, to zoom in on far away LOD terrain. I see some bushes, but no grass.

I went through the checklist. Everything was fine (including Gathering grass data for object LOD), until this part:

• Check the object LOD atlas ..\DynDOLOD_Output\Textures\DynDOLOD\LOD\DynDOLOD_[Worldspace].dds contains some of the grass LOD billboards generated by TexGen.
    • Couldn't find any in Tamriel Worldspace dds... I think? I looked for a while, but I know it's supposed to be tiny compared to the other billboards in there.
  • Check the export file ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Export_[Worldspace].txt contains a line like GrassMap=..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Grass_Map_[Worldspace].txt. Check that GrassDensity is not 0. If it is very low, grass LOD may be very thin to non-existent.
    • This is all exactly as it should be. GrassDensity is 100.
  • Check that ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Grass_Map_[Worldspace].txt contains lines with grass LOD billboard texture names and paths in it.
    • It does, but it's just 2 lines... 2 billboards from Verdant grass. Surely that's not enough? There's a lot more billboards generated by TexGen than just those 2.
    • EGrass10_00003337.dds    textures\terrain\lodgen\verdant - a skyrim grass plugin sse version.esp\egrass10_00003337_1.dds
      EGrass10_00025008.dds    textures\terrain\lodgen\verdant - a skyrim grass plugin sse version.esp\egrass10_00025008_1.dds

• Open ..\DynDOLOD_Output\Meshes\Terrain\[Worldspace]\Objects\[Worldspace].4.x.y.bto and check visually if there is grass LOD in there. The many tiny X planes will be obvious.
    • There are some X's for the grass LOD, but it doesn't seem like it's enough. I made a screenshot below with an LOD with the most grass I could find, but it doesn't seem to be enough there either. MinGrassSize is 60 I think, so it should be pretty dense. The majority of bto files I checked had practically no grass in it at all, even in locations where I would expect there to be. I'm showing the best case here, maybe it's a location in Tamriel that has a lot of the grass of the 2 billboards that seem to be generated properly.

image.thumb.png.af3efaad8eb44362310d56a700f70a60.png

Hope someone can help, I'm at a loss. Could this be the object bounds thingy? That it causes a lot of different grass types to not be included in the LOD? Seems to be the case, I see lot of lines end with ";False". If so, this is where my knowledge ends, not sure what I'm supposed to edit in xEdit. I'm fairly confident in using xEdit itself, just don't know what I'm supposed to edit.

If you need any other log files, I'm happy to provide them.

DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt

Edited by Unilythe

55 minutes ago, Unilythe said:

Heya. I decided to try DynDOLOD 3 for the grass LOD's, but they're not showing up. Or at least, my theory is that only a very tiny amount of it is showing up, but in game, I really can't make any out at all. Even when I set fov to 20 or so, to zoom in on far away LOD terrain. I see some bushes, but no grass.

I went through the checklist. Everything was fine (including Gathering grass data for object LOD), until this part:

image.thumb.png.af3efaad8eb44362310d56a700f70a60.png

Hope someone can help, I'm at a loss. Could this be the object bounds thingy? That it causes a lot of different grass types to not be included in the LOD? Seems to be the case, I see lot of lines end with ";False". If so, this is where my knowledge ends, not sure what I'm supposed to edit in xEdit. I'm fairly confident in using xEdit itself, just don't know what I'm supposed to edit.

If you need any other log files, I'm happy to provide them.

DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt 134.14 kB · 0 downloads

Never mind, I got it. Writing this all down was a rubber duck experience for me I suppose. I need to fix the object bounds by recalculating it in the creation kit. Lots of Verdant grasses have 0's on all the object bound values, so I guess that causes these issues. First I'm going to test setting MinGrassModelVolume=0 and MinGrassModelHeight=0 to see if that indeed fixes the problem.

Edited by Unilythe