DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

1 hour ago, NeedsMoreBirds said:

Thankyou for the fast response! I ran the program again and it crashed after a while, but didn't produce a debug log, so I've attached the whole logs folder with output from only this session as well as the most recent log from the Windows event viewer.

MO2 says that texconv.exe is still running, but I can't find it in the task manager in order to kill the process.

Logs.7z 285.44 kB · 0 downloads WindowsEventViewerLog_DynDOLODcrash.txt 1.32 kB · 0 downloads

The stalled texconv processs might only be visible if enabling to see all process and/or after unfolding child process of TexGen/DynDOLOD.

Is there a bugreport.txt in the same folder as the DynDOLODx64.exe?

The log and debug are probably not saved because the programs is terminated by the OS or manually, so it can not go through its own crash handler / shutdown procedures.

Make sure UAC, antivir are not interring with any of the executables, including ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe
Make sure graphics the latest graphics drivers without crapware are installed or terminate the crapware before running the tools. Especially if using AMD.

Add LockTexonv=1 under [DynDOLOD] in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini to see if it makes a difference.

If it still stalls, check for that Texconv in task manager in order to kill it to see if it allows DynDOLOD to write logs.

Either way let me know the outcome.

On 8/7/2023 at 2:01 PM, TheDude said:

I would be great to be able to try out the Whiterun/Solitude Exterior patch files with the latest alpha versions, please let me know if I can assist you in testing this.

Yes, I'm aware of the Whiterun Exterior Grass patch too, but since I've precached my grass it doesnt affect performance that much actually. Thanks anyway.

Ooh, that sounds interesting, I will have a close look at the large reference bugs workarounds then!

Have a look at this new page https://dyndolod.info/Help/DynDOLOD-Patches

The old and slightly modified Whiterun/Solitude patches should work with Alpha-131 and not checking Parent > child.

6 hours ago, sheson said:

Great.

You might want to create a LOD model for florajuniper01.nif.
Meshes\plants\florajuniper01.nif used 982 times, ~ 2480.92 MB

This looks like the full model filesize for it is 2.5MB alone? Is that correct? The vanilla version is like 50kB. 

Yea, I was just using "full"  for LOD 4 with 3d Junipers & Beries as the billboard for it was driving me crazy upon switch out...but you are, of course, right it's a ridiculous measure.

42 minutes ago, sheson said:

The stalled texconv processs might only be visible if enabling to see all process and/or after unfolding child process of TexGen/DynDOLOD.

Is there a bugreport.txt in the same folder as the DynDOLODx64.exe?

The log and debug are probably not saved because the programs is terminated by the OS or manually, so it can not go through its own crash handler / shutdown procedures.

Make sure UAC, antivir are not interring with any of the executables, including ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe
Make sure graphics the latest graphics drivers without crapware are installed or terminate the crapware before running the tools. Especially if using AMD.

Add LockTexonv=1 under [DynDOLOD] in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini to see if it makes a difference.

If it still stalls, check for that Texconv in task manager in order to kill it to see if it allows DynDOLOD to write logs.

Either way let me know the outcome.

After stopping and disabling AMD's hotkey utility, setting DynDOLOD, TexGen, Texconv and xLODGen to run as an admin, and adding the LockTexconv=1 line to the .ini, the program ran to completion in just under 18 minutes and failed to generate objects for Solstheim. It looks like that's the only location it's having trouble with.

The debug log was far too large to attach here or in paste.ee, so here it is on ufile.io.

7 minutes ago, NeedsMoreBirds said:

After stopping and disabling AMD's hotkey utility, setting DynDOLOD, TexGen, Texconv and xLODGen to run as an admin, and adding the LockTexconv=1 line to the .ini, the program ran to completion in just under 18 minutes and failed to generate objects for Solstheim. It looks like that's the only location it's having trouble with.

The debug log was far too large to attach here or in paste.ee, so here it is on ufile.io.

Also upload E:\Modding\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_DLC2SolstheimWorld_log.txt
Check Windows Event log a related entry for LODGenx64Win.exe and copy/paste or upload that as well.

You had an eye on total memory usage of everything in task manager when it happened? C000005 can memory or CPU related in high stress situations if random.

Start DynDOLOD in expert mode https://dyndolod.info/Help/Expert-Mode
Only select  DLC2SolstheimWorld and then click Execute LODGen to only run that again. If it runs through without error just by itself, the output is complete and can be used.

17 hours ago, sheson said:

Thanks.

This test version should fix that new access violation. https://mega.nz/file/1dIGSI7S#hOL6CGqiteRyrdHTOJ38I7K6OtVC4VL7EVgrA2jGwwQ

Upload debug log also if it runs through without a problem.

It worked (cheers!), but didn't generate a debug log for whatever reason. The file is there, there's just no text in it.

11 hours ago, sheson said:

Also upload E:\Modding\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_DLC2SolstheimWorld_log.txt
Check Windows Event log a related entry for LODGenx64Win.exe and copy/paste or upload that as well.

You had an eye on total memory usage of everything in task manager when it happened? C000005 can memory or CPU related in high stress situations if random.

Start DynDOLOD in expert mode https://dyndolod.info/Help/Expert-Mode
Only select  DLC2SolstheimWorld and then click Execute LODGen to only run that again. If it runs through without error just by itself, the output is complete and can be used.

Here's the Windows event log for LODGENx64Win.exe:

Application: LODGenx64Win.exe
CoreCLR Version: 6.0.1322.58009
.NET Version: 6.0.13
Description: The process was terminated due to an internal error in the .NET Runtime at IP 00007FF979DD9370 (00007FF979D30000) with exit code 80131506.

I wasn't keeping an eye on memory usage at the time, but I have 64GB so I don't believe a memory shortage would be a factor. Expert mode is already set to 1 in the .ini, too.

LOD for only DLC2SolstheimWorld generated without issue, but it looks like I'm running an outdated version of .NET v6, so I'm going to update that and rerun the whole thing after I post this.

LODGen_SSE_DLC2SolstheimWorld_log.txt

6 hours ago, PurpleYellowRosa said:

It worked (cheers!), but didn't generate a debug log for whatever reason. The file is there, there's just no text in it.

Maybe the drive was full when it tried to write it? Is there a new/updated bugreport.txt with the time stamp of the tool closing?

In any case, if generation went through and the plugins saved without error all is good.

I just would have liked to check something in the debug log, but do not worry about it. Enjoy.

4 hours ago, NeedsMoreBirds said:

Here's the Windows event log for LODGENx64Win.exe:

I wasn't keeping an eye on memory usage at the time, but I have 64GB so I don't believe a memory shortage would be a factor. Expert mode is already set to 1 in the .ini, too.

LOD for only DLC2SolstheimWorld generated without issue, but it looks like I'm running an outdated version of .NET v6, so I'm going to update that and rerun the whole thing after I post this.

LODGen_SSE_DLC2SolstheimWorld_log.txt 32.53 kB · 0 downloads

The log just stops, so no useful information and the event log also points to internal .Net problem.
If total memory usage is fine, you could double check that CPU and memory settings, cooling, overclocking etc. are stable.

You can install the latest .Net 7 as it typically supports of all former versions.

Since, it ran through without a problem you now should have a complete LOD patch. You might as well just play now and not worry too much about a hard to troubleshoot issue that happens sporadically.

39 minutes ago, sheson said:

The log just stops, so no useful information and the event log also points to internal .Net problem.
If total memory usage is fine, you could double check that CPU and memory settings, cooling, overclocking etc. are stable.

You can install the latest .Net 7 as it typically supports of all former versions.

Since, it ran through without a problem you now should have a complete LOD patch. You might as well just play now and not worry too much about a hard to troubleshoot issue that happens sporadically.

Running DynDOLOD after updating to the latest version of .NET 6 let it complete properly, so I think the outdated dependency was the problem. Thanks for helping me figure this out! Now I can play and my game looks fantastic.

I'll update to .NET 7 just in case I end up needing to run it again in the future.

Hello. I'm having Texgen hang on a texture in the latest version, all updated  including my GPU drivers. It eventually completes, then DyndoLOD will fail after refusing to launch the LOD window for tamriel, then tamriel will show up as failed at the end. I have tried turning off my anti-virus, adding the rules under [Texgen]:
LockTexconv=1
RenderSingle=1
RenderTexturesSingleThread=1
TexconvAdapterIndex=-1

nothing helps. texgen hangs, then suddenly completes, and it fails in DyndoLOD.

Here are my logs:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1WWfnAQba0kEEn_z4ElGWIp16ZVVeiCPu?usp=sharing

4 hours ago, chemistofgor said:

Hello. I'm having Texgen hang on a texture in the latest version, all updated  including my GPU drivers. It eventually completes, then DyndoLOD will fail after refusing to launch the LOD window for tamriel, then tamriel will show up as failed at the end. I have tried turning off my anti-virus, adding the rules under [Texgen]:
LockTexconv=1
RenderSingle=1
RenderTexturesSingleThread=1
TexconvAdapterIndex=-1

nothing helps. texgen hangs, then suddenly completes, and it fails in DyndoLOD.

Here are my logs:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1WWfnAQba0kEEn_z4ElGWIp16ZVVeiCPu?usp=sharing

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which debug logs to also upload.
Obviously also upload E:\HaydsModlist\Tools\DynDOLOD 3\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt as explained.

Also upload E:\HaydsModlist\Tools\DynDOLOD 3\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_TES5VR_ObjectAtlasMap_Tamriel.txt

TexGen does not hang when it completes. It is waiting for texconv to convert textures. Texconv will take longer when it does not use the GPU or when instructing to only run one at a time.

1 hour ago, chemistofgor said:

Thank you! Here's the Texgen report: (too big to attach)

"TexGen completed successfully".
As already explained, TexGen waits for Texconv to convert textures. If you want it to complete faster, then allow it to use GPU and/or allow Texconv and/or TexGen to do more things in parallel. Though 3 minutes seems acceptable, considering.

I know what you mean. 3 minutes is actually too fast, based on previous runs. the issue is that i dont think it is generating everything it needs to. it gets stuck on one asset at around 2 minutes, then when i run dyndolod, it doesnt make the lods for tamriel. the window never opens.