DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

1 hour ago, MisterMorden said:

The giant campfire lod switch is a little jarring for me as I use Embers XD mod and the lod model and full model look quite a bit different.  I tried using the mesh rule level4 - None, level8 - None, level16 - None, level32 - None, Far Full and I get the full model giant campfire logs and glow however there is no flame effect until the cell attaches.  This still transitions a little better to my eyes, but I was wondering if there is a way to get the flames to show as well or is that strictly limited to the giant campfire lod included with Dyndolod resources?

Do not set static LOD for animated models. Instead use the Full Model for dynamic LOD, e.g. Grid: FarFull. Consider setting Reference: Replace so that there is no switch.

39 minutes ago, sheson said:

Do not set static LOD for animated models. Instead use the Full Model for dynamic LOD, e.g. Grid: FarFull. Consider setting Reference: Replace so that there is no switch.

I thought that's what I was doing by putting none, none, none, none, Far Full?  Am I supposed to be putting that + Force Dynamic checkbox?  I was only using Unchanged for the reference, so I can change that to Replace.

Thanks for your help with this.

Edit- Oh I should be using full, full, full, full, Far Full?

Edited by MisterMorden

When i install Terrain Lod Redone and run DynDOLOD to generate lods i have error: 

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
Broken Tamriel terrain LOD meshes detected.

[Content]
Some terrain LOD meshes generated by Oscape have bugs resulting in severe visual issues.

Permanently remove the broken terrain LOD meshes or use xLODGen to generate terrain LOD meshes to overwrite the broken terrain LOD meshes.

Ignoring this problem means there will be broken and missing terrain LOD in certain areas.

Object LOD and Occlusion can not be generated correctly unless there are proper terrain LOD meshes installed.

Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message

[Exit DynDOLOD]

[Footer]
Online Help | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

When i disable in Votrex this mod and run DynDOLOD he works fine. 

I can try using xLODgen instead Terrain Lod Redone.

I didn't have this problem before, so I wonder why it appeared...

Edited by AndreySG

14 hours ago, MisterMorden said:

I thought that's what I was doing by putting none, none, none, none, Far Full?  Am I supposed to be putting that + Force Dynamic checkbox?  I was only using Unchanged for the reference, so I can change that to Replace.

Thanks for your help with this.

Edit- Oh I should be using full, full, full, full, Far Full?

The 4 LOD levels for static object LOD need to be set to None.

Doublecheck the LOD fire in the distance is dynamic LOD, it should show in More Informative Console as a reference and base record added by the DynDOLOD plugins and also show that the full model is being used.

If there are no flames in that case, it could be because of some fade INI setting or in the NIF or because the base record in the DynDOLOD plugin is missing something. Compare to the original base record.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, AndreySG said:

When i install Terrain Lod Redone and run DynDOLOD to generate lods i have error: 

When i disable in Votrex this mod and run DynDOLOD he works fine. 

I can try using xLODgen instead Terrain Lod Redone.

I didn't have this problem before, so I wonder why it appeared...

Moved to the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread.

As explained on the first post, Certain things may be incomplete, not work as expected or change considerably between versions.

The reasons for the check are explained in the message and the linked documentation.

14 hours ago, sheson said:

The 4 LOD levels for static object LOD need to be set to None.

Doublecheck the LOD fire in the distance is dynamic LOD, it should show in More Informative Console as a reference and base record added by the DynDOLOD plugins and also show that the full model is being used.

If there are no flames in that case, it could be because of some fade INI setting or in the NIF or because the base record in the DynDOLOD plugin is missing something. Compare to the original base record.

Should I be checking Force Dynamic or would that give me 2 models coexisting?

Edit - would the campfires have to be set as "is full LOD" and/or "persistent" for the previously mentioned mesh rule to work the way I'd like it to?  I haven't looked yet, but the mod author of Embers XD suggested I try setting "is full LOD" flag on the campfires so I'm assuming they didn't do that.

13 hours ago, MisterMorden said:

Edit - would the campfires have to be set as "is full LOD" and/or "persistent" for the previously mentioned mesh rule to work the way I'd like it to?  I haven't looked yet, but the mod author of Embers XD suggested I try setting "is full LOD" flag on the campfires so I'm assuming they didn't do that.

Just set FarFull and maybe Replace to avoid brief overlap of 2 full models.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MisterMorden said:

Please post back with the mesh rule mask you use for this, as I will add it to my own if it works.

Really weird, but the best I can seem to get with the giant campfires is that sometimes the flames appear on the full model lod and sometimes it's just the glowing embers with no flames.  The same campfire will sometimes have flames and sometimes not when viewed at different times.  I tried using "replace" instead of "unchanged" however then the flames didn't ever seem to appear on the lod model nor would they erupt when I got close...just remained a glowing pile of logs.  Also really weird is that even using "unchanged,"  every once in a while the flames wouldn't appear once the cell attached.  It's like my lod aren't fully initializing nor unloading 100% of the time.

Clicking on the lod models using MIC did indicate they were from Dyndolod.

45 minutes ago, MisterMorden said:

Really weird, but the best I can seem to get with the giant campfires is that sometimes the flames appear on the full model lod and sometimes it's just the glowing embers with no flames.  The same campfire will sometimes have flames and sometimes not when viewed at different times.  I tried using "replace" instead of "unchanged" however then the flames didn't ever seem to appear on the lod model nor would they erupt when I got close...just remained a glowing pile of logs.  Also really weird is that even using "unchanged,"  every once in a while the flames wouldn't appear once the cell attached.  It's like my lod aren't fully initializing nor unloading 100% of the time.

Clicking on the lod models using MIC did indicate they were from Dyndolod.

... and also show that the full model is being used.

If these troubleshooting hints do not get you anywhere, set the reference drop down to "Original" and test what happens then.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, sheson said:

... and also show that the full model is being used.

If these troubleshooting hints do not get you anywhere, set the reference drop down to "Original" and test what happens then.

Thank you.  MIC showed the name of the model (giantcampfire01burning.nif) when I clicked on the lod.  I also did try to greatly increase LOD associated ini values but there was no change.  I did not, however, compare the dyndolod plugin's base record to the original...I will try to do so.  Any suggestions on what differences I should be looking for?

I will also try using "original" for the reference setting.  Thanks again for always trying to help with our issues!

56 minutes ago, MisterMorden said:

Thank you.  MIC showed the name of the model (giantcampfire01burning.nif) when I clicked on the lod.  I also did try to greatly increase LOD associated ini values but there was no change.  I did not, however, compare the dyndolod plugin's base record to the original...I will try to do so.  Any suggestions on what differences I should be looking for?

I will also try using "original" for the reference setting.  Thanks again for always trying to help with our issues!

"LOD associated ini" does tell us which INI setting you are talking about. I can only hope it doesn't mean INI settings for static object LOD under TerrainManager, since they are obviously irrelevant.

We have no idea what the original base record looks like - since no logs, no screenshots or form id was provided - anything that might be different but the form ID and editor ID.

• Thanks 1

I got the OpenGL error running TexGen. Logs attached.

No bugreport. I use AMD, so I will check my drivers next, but they have been same drivers for months now and no issues previously.

Logs.7z

Looks like I do have a driver issue maybe caused by Windows updates. I'm removing/reinstalling latest recommended AMD drivers now.