DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

4 hours ago, sheson said:

Instead of comparing file size of logs, open them and check their content for warning or error messages as is their purpose. The LODGen logs indicate there were problems. See what they say and let me know.

Instead of checking size of output (or stopping there), check that the expected sub-folders and files for the selected worldspaces were generated.

Seems like object LOD generation failed for some worldspace. 

E.g. it only says LODGenx64.exe generated object LOD for Tamriel successfully but none of the others.

See if Alpha-64 works as expected or if it reports that there were problems with LODGen as expected.

Thanks for your support! And yes, you're absolutely right: I will check the logs for warnings or errors next time. I agree that it seems that LOD-generation failed for certain worldspaces and will try to re-generate everything using Alpha-64. I'll be back with more info after this! Cheers!

33 minutes ago, Thardrim said:

Ok. I used the windows event viewer and here it is what I found:

https://ufile.io/tci6l4ou (I guess this is what we're looking for. If not, let me know).

No, I kept testing with Alpha-63. I didn't realize there was an update. From now on, I'll try with Alpha-64 and Dyndolod Resources Alpha-19.

I actually did run TexGen (Alpha-63) without any mod loaded a few hours ago and it went through. It finished correctly with Grass and HD trees checked.

Yesterday, I checked Alpha-60 and it also didn't work this time.

I'm going to check again with Alpha-64 with and without mods. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thank you very much for following my case so closely. 

Test if there is anything different using this test version

8 hours ago, sheson said:

Instead of comparing file size of logs, open them and check their content for warning or error messages as is their purpose. The LODGen logs indicate there were problems. See what they say and let me know.

Instead of checking size of output (or stopping there), check that the expected sub-folders and files for the selected worldspaces were generated.

Seems like object LOD generation failed for some worldspace. 

E.g. it only says LODGenx64.exe generated object LOD for Tamriel successfully but none of the others.

See if Alpha-64 works as expected or if it reports that there were problems with LODGen as expected.

Hi again, Dyndolod Alpha-64 seems to work perfect for me and LOD-generation worked for all of the worldspaces! Thanks a lot!

On 1/12/2022 at 10:09 PM, sheson said:

If full textures become thin in the distances, also try generating mipmaps for it with an appropriate alpha-to-covergage setting.

When a texture is added to the atlas, DynDOLOD does this automatically, hence the difference.

From https://dyndolod.info/Help/3D-Tree-LOD-Model:
Note that LOD only has binary alpha with a fixed threshold of 128. DynDOLOD reads the alpha threshold from the NiAlphaProperty from the models used for LOD and adjusts the textures before it is added to the atlas texture. The final result in game may be to thick or thin like certain objects seem to be missing or transparency looks off. Try adjusting the NiAlphaProperty in the 3D LOD model. Again, note that the UV texture coordinates need to be >= 0.0 and <= 1.0 for LOD being able to use the atlas texture. If the UV is outside those limits, LOD will use the texture directly.

You can check and do simple edits to UV in NifSkope. If they are just slightly outside you can move them inside 0.0 and 1.0 in NifSkope UV editor or change wrap UV to clamp the UV in the shader settings for that shape.

Thank you, I did an "alpha-to-covergage" increase in the texture and it made the distant trees no longer sparse.  But still I wonder as you said, Dyndolod will create records to dyndolodxx.dds when they satisfy UV coordinates between 0.0-1.0 but in Alpha 62 version the trunks are written to Dyndolod.dds  but not in the latest version, resulting in them breaking when viewed from a distance.  LOL.

received-661288151699064.webp[/img]

Anyway thank you so much for all your efforts in answering my questions, you are amazing.

8 minutes ago, ntluan_vn said:

Thank you, I did an "alpha-to-covergage" increase in the texture and it made the distant trees no longer sparse.  But still I wonder as you said, Dyndolod will create records to dyndolodxx.dds when they satisfy UV coordinates between 0.0-1.0 but in Alpha 62 version the trunks are written to Dyndolod.dds  but not in the latest version, resulting in them breaking when viewed from a distance.  LOL.

imageproxy.php?img=&key=1d9081609aff28e4received-661288151699064.webp[/img]

Anyway thank you so much for all your efforts in answering my questions, you are amazing.

Nothing really changed how this works in months or years even. I mean just check changelog of 62, 63 and 64...

• Thanks 1

This might be a noob question, but I could use some advice. Basically I've been having a really difficult time figuring out how to get DynDOLOD to generate the 3D LODS for the Happy Little Trees Add-On. I've upgraded to DynDOLOD 3 and I've made sure I've downloaded the corresponding DynDOLOD 3 Resources, PapyrusUtil AE, and the base Happy Little Trees mod. I've made sure both HLT and HLT 3D LODS are enabled and I run TexGen and DynDOLOD and enable both outputs and with each attempt, I keep getting 2D billboards for HLT, not the 3D ones that I've installed. I've made sure to sort my load order with LOOT also. Maybe I'm missing a step, idk. Any info would be super appreciated. Thanks!

7 hours ago, SLCLycosa said:

This might be a noob question, but I could use some advice. Basically I've been having a really difficult time figuring out how to get DynDOLOD to generate the 3D LODS for the Happy Little Trees Add-On. I've upgraded to DynDOLOD 3 and I've made sure I've downloaded the corresponding DynDOLOD 3 Resources, PapyrusUtil AE, and the base Happy Little Trees mod. I've made sure both HLT and HLT 3D LODS are enabled and I run TexGen and DynDOLOD and enable both outputs and with each attempt, I keep getting 2D billboards for HLT, not the 3D ones that I've installed. I've made sure to sort my load order with LOOT also. Maybe I'm missing a step, idk. Any info would be super appreciated. Thanks!

Make sure to set Level0 for LOD Level 4 as explained at https://dyndolod.info/Help/Ultra-Tree-LOD.

Check the DynDOLOD_SSE_Tree_Report.txt which billboards and 3D LOD assets were found as explained at https://dyndolod.info/Help/Ultra-Tree-LOD.

20 hours ago, sheson said:

Test if there is anything different using this test version

There was no difference when trying with that test version.

However, in the Windows Event Report, I saw that the problem was related to KERNELBASE.dll. I looked it up, and I found out that the most likely cause of the error was an incompability between TexGen and some program running in the background. I had already tried to close all overlays and programs while running TexGen without success. So I tried a clean restart of Windows, not letting any program to start when rebooting, except those necessary to run Windows.... And it worked. I had no problem running TexGen with or without mods, and with Grass and HD Trees enabled.

So it was a problem with one of my programs running when starting Windows. I don't know yet which one, because I will need some testing rebooting and letting a few programs at a time to start while I run TexGen. This will take me some time to figure out. But as soon as I find out which program is the culprit, I'll let you know, so at least, you can know that that program may cause TexGen not to work.

Thank you very much, Sheson, for all your help. Specially for pointing out to look for the Windows Event Report. I wouldn't be able to solve this problem by myself. It would have never occurred to me to look for that Windows Report.

Thanks

2 hours ago, Thardrim said:

There was no difference when trying with that test version.

However, in the Windows Event Report, I saw that the problem was related to KERNELBASE.dll. I looked it up, and I found out that the most likely cause of the error was an incompability between TexGen and some program running in the background. I had already tried to close all overlays and programs while running TexGen without success. So I tried a clean restart of Windows, not letting any program to start when rebooting, except those necessary to run Windows.... And it worked. I had no problem running TexGen with or without mods, and with Grass and HD Trees enabled.

So it was a problem with one of my programs running when starting Windows. I don't know yet which one, because I will need some testing rebooting and letting a few programs at a time to start while I run TexGen. This will take me some time to figure out. But as soon as I find out which program is the culprit, I'll let you know, so at least, you can know that that program may cause TexGen not to work.

Thank you very much, Sheson, for all your help. Specially for pointing out to look for the Windows Event Report. I wouldn't be able to solve this problem by myself. It would have never occurred to me to look for that Windows Report.

Thanks

Let us know if you find out. Typically I would check anything related to the graphics card, then maybe anti vir.

Hi Sheson, I seem to have encountered a graphical bug/glitch with the latest Alpha-64... As I wrote earlier, the lod generation for all worldspaces was succesful but instead there seems to be a problem ingame with "flashing/blinking lods" (could it have something to do with the occlusion)? I have looked at the logfiles but since my knowledge is limited they don't really help me and no bugreport was generated either... 

Heres a videoclip of the issue: 

And here are the logfiles: https://ufile.io/f/hzlxx

Edited by TheDude

1 hour ago, TheDude said:

Hi Sheson, I seem to have encountered a graphical bug/glitch with the latest Alpha-64... As I wrote earlier, the lod generation for all worldspaces was succesful but instead there seems to be a problem ingame with "flashing/blinking lods" (could it have something to do with the occlusion)? I have looked at the logfiles but since my knowledge is limited they don't really help me and no bugreport was generated either... 

Heres a videoclip of the issue: 

And here are the logfiles: https://ufile.io/f/hzlxx

Post the  the coordinates, location.

Make sure LOD was generated for this exact load order.
Test with a new game.
Give it time to initialize before moving.
Do not increase movement speed for testing. 
Check papyrus log for errors.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Post the  the coordinates, location.

Make sure LOD was generated for this exact load order.
Test with a new game.
Give it time to initialize before moving.
Do not increase movement speed for testing. 
Check papyrus log for errors.

The video was from Lake Ilinalta, near/west of the Guardians Stones (coordinates are something like X: -5015; Y: -57238; Z: 740, but it varies since the glitch happens randomly at different locations...). The glitches occurs at more locations too, such as Whiterun Stables: if Im looking in the direction of White River watch I get flashing/blinking lods (which looks more and more like an occlusion glitch to me...).

All my tests have been on a completely new game, and I haven't moved at all until getting the message "Dyndolod installed successfully". I also did not increase any movement speed - the glitches occurs randomly during  normal speed. The LOD was generated for this exact load order, and Im not getting any papyrs logs or errors. 

Also: I regenerated all LODs again with exact same LO, but the glitches are still there. Haven't had this problem with any of the previous versions of the Alpha so dont really know what to do...

Edited by TheDude

6 hours ago, TheDude said:

The video was from Lake Ilinalta, near/west of the Guardians Stones (coordinates are something like X: -5015; Y: -57238; Z: 740, but it varies since the glitch happens randomly at different locations...). The glitches occurs at more locations too, such as Whiterun Stables: if Im looking in the direction of White River watch I get flashing/blinking lods (which looks more and more like an occlusion glitch to me...).

All my tests have been on a completely new game, and I haven't moved at all until getting the message "Dyndolod installed successfully". I also did not increase any movement speed - the glitches occurs randomly during  normal speed. The LOD was generated for this exact load order, and Im not getting any papyrs logs or errors. 

Also: I regenerated all LODs again with exact same LO, but the glitches are still there. Haven't had this problem with any of the previous versions of the Alpha so dont really know what to do...

Check if it happens with DynDOLOD DLL https://dyndolod.info/Help/DynDOLOD-DLL

1 hour ago, Jackal99 said:

I need help.. I could not push through with TexGen. It would stop at Winteraspen06.nif then Texgen will close. However when I use Dyndolod resources Alpha 15 with the corresponding Dyndolod3 Alpha XX, it would work. Need assistance.

Read the first post which log and debug log files, bugreport,txt  to upload and how to use "Copy message to clipboard" when making posts.