DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 170

sheson

3 hours ago, TomForStep said:

Regarding grass LOD: I get this different colors/brightness levels on grass LOD using Folkvangr Complex Grass -> see screenshot.

Is this something I should adjust with RGB LOD brightness multiplier values or the TexGen HD Grass Direct/Ambient settings or both?

3 hours ago, sheson said:

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD#Settings
In case the grass LOD brightness or color seems off (it might depend on weathers or ENB settings), try different Direct/Ambient settings for grass LOD billboards in TexGen. In addition or alternatively change the GrassBrightnessTop*/ComplexGrassBrightnessTop* and GrassBrightnessBottom*/ComplexGrassBrightnessBottom* settings in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini - those settings help if the color tone is off.

The TexGen settings change lighting equally, while the DynDOLOD INI settings allow to change the RGB channels.

Thank you for your prompt response!

I will try to get the RGB channels/color as identical as possible with using a photo editing tool on the screenshot and calculate the RGB values accordingly for DynDOLOD_SSE.ini .

What about the TexGen settings? Are there any suggestions or hints about which HD Grass Direct/Ambient settings to test?

35 minutes ago, TomForStep said:

I will try to get the RGB channels/color as identical as possible with using a photo editing tool on the screenshot and calculate the RGB values accordingly for DynDOLOD_SSE.ini .

What about the TexGen settings? Are there any suggestions or hints about which HD Grass Direct/Ambient settings to test?

https://dyndolod.info/Help/TexGen#Direct-Ambient-Smoothness
These settings change the direct (default from top) and ambient lighting strength for the created diffuse texture 

Ambient darkens/brightens everything equally while direct light from top highlights parts that face the top (their normal vector + normal map).  Use the Preview button.

1 hour ago, TomForStep said:

In the Step SSE guide, we provide suggested settings that work well for Cathedral Weathers and Cathedral Landscapes with or without complex grass/ENB.

We set the RGB values to a a uniform, moderate value to avoid tint bias and use TexGen direct/ambient to set a good exposure for grass LOD. TexGen ettings vary, depending upon weather and grass used, but the principle should work similarly. The idea is to reduce Ambient to the lowest value possible and increase Direct exposure whilst keeping RBG flat and unbiased (be sure to expand the Modify Grass Tint/Brightness spoiler).

Is there a guide on how the *snow_lod_x.nif files are matched to the full models? I read through the Mod Authors page but couldn't find mentions about them.

Also, do the snow lod models support the same CRC system as the "normal" lod models? If I have, say, tundrastreamend01_1234ABCDsnow_lod_0.nif, will that be matched with a tundrastreamend01.nif with CRC32 1234ABCD whenever it's considered "snow", or with every use of tundrasteamend01.nif?

Edited by Blackread

42 minutes ago, Blackread said:

Is there a guide on how the *snow_lod_x.nif files are matched to the full models? I read through the Mod Authors page but couldn't find mentions about them.

Also, do the snow lod models support the same CRC system as the "normal" lod models? If I have, say, tundrastreamend01_1234ABCDsnow_lod_0.nif, will that be matched with a tundrastreamend01.nif with CRC32 1234ABCD whenever it's considered "snow", or with every use of tundrasteamend01.nif?

https://dyndolod.info/Mod-Authors#How-to-add-your-own-object-LOD-models:
For example, to match an object LOD model to a full model with the filename house.nif, the object LOD model needs to have the filename house_lod_[0|1|2|3].nif.
In case of filename collisions or in case of popular full models being replaced by many different mods - waterfalls or trees for example - the CRC32 of the full model should be added to LOD model filename in the form house_[CRC32]_lod_[0|1|2|3].nif.

There should be no special treatment for LOD model filenames containing the word 'snow' as far as I remember. If you experience something else, then make a report.

DynDOLOD 2.x used DynDOLOD_[SSE|TES5]_textures_names.txt for texture sets but that is not how things should be done with DynDOLOD 3.x anymore now that all LOD models define the full textures.

36 minutes ago, sheson said:

https://dyndolod.info/Mod-Authors#How-to-add-your-own-object-LOD-models:
For example, to match an object LOD model to a full model with the filename house.nif, the object LOD model needs to have the filename house_lod_[0|1|2|3].nif.
In case of filename collisions or in case of popular full models being replaced by many different mods - waterfalls or trees for example - the CRC32 of the full model should be added to LOD model filename in the form house_[CRC32]_lod_[0|1|2|3].nif.

There should be no special treatment for LOD model filenames containing the word 'snow' as far as I remember. If you experience something else, then make a report.

DynDOLOD 2.x used DynDOLOD_[SSE|TES5]_textures_names.txt for texture sets but that is not how things should be done with DynDOLOD 3.x anymore now that all LOD models define the full textures.

This is what DynDOLOD is telling me:

Spoiler

Warning: Textures do not match for "L1_RocksTundraStreamEnd": textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab01.dds in tundrastreamend01.nif -> textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab02.dds in tundrastreamend01snow_lod_0.nif for BSHeartland.esm CYRTundraStreamEnd01Snow01 [STAT:280E4387]
Warning: Textures do not match for "L2_RootsandRocks:1 - L1_Rock:1": textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab01.dds in tundrapond01.nif -> textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab02.dds in tundrapond01snow_lod_0.nif for Update.esm TundraPond01Snow01 [STAT:0008CD45]
Warning: Textures do not match for "MountainCliffCrevasse:0": textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab01.dds in mountaincliffcrevasse.nif -> textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab02.dds in mountaincliffcrevasse_lod_0h.nif for MajesticMountains.esp MountainCliffCrevasse_HeavySN [STAT:00104B43]
Warning: Textures do not match for "RockTundraLand02:0": textures\landscape\dirt02.dds in rocktundraland02.nif -> textures\landscape\snow02.dds in rocktundraland02snow_lod_0.nif for LegacyoftheDragonborn.esm WWWRockTundraLand02_LightSN [STAT:0E128D30]
Warning: Textures do not match for "RockTundraLand02:0": textures\landscape\dirt02.dds in rocktundraland02.nif -> textures\landscape\snow02.dds in rocktundraland02snow_lod_1.nif for LegacyoftheDragonborn.esm WWWRockTundraLand02_LightSN [STAT:0E128D30]
Warning: Textures do not match for "RockTundraLand02:0": textures\landscape\dirt02.dds in rocktundraland02.nif -> textures\landscape\snow02.dds in rocktundraland02snow_lod_2.nif for LegacyoftheDragonborn.esm WWWRockTundraLand02_LightSN [STAT:0E128D30]
Warning: Textures do not match for "RockTundraLand02:1 - L1_Rocks:1": textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab01.dds in rocktundraland02.nif -> textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab02.dds in rocktundraland02snow_lod_0.nif for LegacyoftheDragonborn.esm WWWRockTundraLand02_LightSN [STAT:0E128D30]
Warning: Textures do not match for "RockTundraLand02:1 - L1_Rocks:1": textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab01.dds in rocktundraland02.nif -> textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab02.dds in rocktundraland02snow_lod_1.nif for LegacyoftheDragonborn.esm WWWRockTundraLand02_LightSN [STAT:0E128D30]
Warning: Textures do not match for "RockTundraLand02:1 - L1_Rocks:1": textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab01.dds in rocktundraland02.nif -> textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab02.dds in rocktundraland02snow_lod_2.nif for LegacyoftheDragonborn.esm WWWRockTundraLand02_LightSN [STAT:0E128D30]
Warning: Textures do not match for "RockTundraLand02:3": textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab02.dds in rocktundraland02.nif -> textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab01.dds in rocktundraland02snow_lod_0.nif for LegacyoftheDragonborn.esm WWWRockTundraLand02_LightSN [STAT:0E128D30]
Warning: Textures do not match for "RockTundraLand02:3": textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab02.dds in rocktundraland02.nif -> textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab01.dds in rocktundraland02snow_lod_1.nif for LegacyoftheDragonborn.esm WWWRockTundraLand02_LightSN [STAT:0E128D30]
Warning: Textures do not match for "RockTundraLand02:3": textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab02.dds in rocktundraland02.nif -> textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab01.dds in rocktundraland02snow_lod_2.nif for LegacyoftheDragonborn.esm WWWRockTundraLand02_LightSN [STAT:0E128D30]
Warning: Textures do not match for "RockTundraLand03:0": textures\landscape\dirt02.dds in rocktundraland03.nif -> textures\landscape\snow02.dds in rocktundraland03snow_lod_1.nif for MajesticMountains.esp RockTundraLand03Snow01Snow [STAT:000B6266]
Warning: Textures do not match for "RockTundraLand03:0": textures\landscape\dirt02.dds in rocktundraland03.nif -> textures\landscape\snow02.dds in rocktundraland03snow_lod_2.nif for MajesticMountains.esp RockTundraLand03Snow01Snow [STAT:000B6266]
Warning: Textures do not match for "RockTundraLand03:1 - L2_RootsRocks:1 - L1_Rocks:1": textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab01.dds in rocktundraland03.nif -> textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab02.dds in rocktundraland03snow_lod_1.nif for MajesticMountains.esp RockTundraLand03Snow01Snow [STAT:000B6266]
Warning: Textures do not match for "RockTundraLand03:1 - L2_RootsRocks:1 - L1_Rocks:1": textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab01.dds in rocktundraland03.nif -> textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab02.dds in rocktundraland03snow_lod_2.nif for MajesticMountains.esp RockTundraLand03Snow01Snow [STAT:000B6266]
Warning: Textures do not match for "RockTundraLand03:3": textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab02.dds in rocktundraland03.nif -> textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab01.dds in rocktundraland03snow_lod_1.nif for MajesticMountains.esp RockTundraLand03Snow01Snow [STAT:000B6266]
Warning: Textures do not match for "RockTundraLand03:3": textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab02.dds in rocktundraland03.nif -> textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab01.dds in rocktundraland03snow_lod_2.nif for MajesticMountains.esp RockTundraLand03Snow01Snow [STAT:000B6266]
Warning: Textures do not match for "TundraPond01:0": textures\landscape\dirt02.dds in tundrapond01.nif -> textures\landscape\snow01.dds in tundrapond01snow_lod_0.nif for Update.esm TundraPond01Snow01 [STAT:0008CD45]
Warning: Textures do not match for "TundraStreamEnd01:0": textures\landscape\dirt02.dds in tundrastreamend01.nif -> textures\landscape\snow01.dds in tundrastreamend01snow_lod_0.nif for BSHeartland.esm CYRTundraStreamEnd01Snow01 [STAT:280E4387]

If I'm reading it right, it's trying to match xxx.nif with xxxsnow_lod_[0|1|2|3].nif even though xxx_lod_[0|1|2|3].nif is also present.

Logs: https://mega.nz/file/sLNWAKSL#MkTheTPb1ywwjcndCPjcp4TwWiGrHTKXYn8FA2w-Y-w

1 hour ago, Blackread said:

This is what DynDOLOD is telling me:

If I'm reading it right, it's trying to match xxx.nif with xxxsnow_lod_[0|1|2|3].nif even though xxx_lod_[0|1|2|3].nif is also present.

Logs: https://mega.nz/file/sLNWAKSL#MkTheTPb1ywwjcndCPjcp4TwWiGrHTKXYn8FA2w-Y-w

Also upload C:\Pelit\Skyrim Special Edition Mod Tools\DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_Object_Report.txt

Another person reported a very long run time issue with Alpha166 a few days ago, and after trying with Alpha167, I don't think the issue has been resolved yet.
If I use a mod list and settings that take about 35 minutes to generate in Alpha165 and then generate in Alpha167, the generation does not finish even after 90 minutes (it is still generating as I write this).
(It is still generating as I write this, and I don't know when it will finish.)

In addition, it is frequently using up to its on-board memory limit.
This did not happen with Alpha165.
However, generation does not stop due to lack of memory.

23 minutes ago, TZV4344 said:

Another person reported a very long run time issue with Alpha166 a few days ago, and after trying with Alpha167, I don't think the issue has been resolved yet.
If I use a mod list and settings that take about 35 minutes to generate in Alpha165 and then generate in Alpha167, the generation does not finish even after 90 minutes (it is still generating as I write this).
(It is still generating as I write this, and I don't know when it will finish.)

In addition, it is frequently using up to its on-board memory limit.
This did not happen with Alpha165.
However, generation does not stop due to lack of memory.

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs with DynDOLOD log and debug log and which LODGen log to upload when making posts.

See https://dyndolod.info/Updating#New-DynDOLOD-Version

See https://dyndolod.info/FAQ#High-memory-usage-Out-of-memory
See https://dyndolod.info/FAQ#Long-running-time-or-output-several-GB-in-file-size

I followed the update procedure.
Perform a completely new installation, but not overwrite, and modify the configuration files for the new version without copying the configuration files. Then use winmerge to do a diff comparison with the old version to make sure you are not using a different configuration. I was using in alpha165.

And even if I run it with the exact same configuration and mods as alpha165, alpha167 takes an unusually long time.
I have read the page on memory usage and if I am using the exact same settings as alpha165 where the memory usage trends were normal, do I need to change the settings in alpha167?

I will submit the logs as soon as I finish, but I am not entirely sure when the generation in alpha167 will be finished, so I would appreciate it if you could wait.

P.S.
I decided to stop the generation once, set RealTimeLog=1, and run it again to log the data.

Edited by TZV4344

On 2/5/2024 at 5:17 PM, Blackread said:

One more related question, what are these h and l suffixes on the files? Do they stand for high and low, or something else?

ZVii33n.png

26 minutes ago, Blackread said:

One more related question, what are these h and l suffixes on the files? Do they stand for high and low, or something else?

ZVii33n.png

See https://dyndolod.info/Help/Snow-Ash-LOD-Shader
The HD shaders make use of the vertex color alpha value. It controls the intensity. A value of 0.0 is low while 1.0 is high. The vanilla game uses ~0.4 for light snow (object LOD meshes ending in *l.NIF) and ~0.5 for heavy snow (object LOD meshes ending in *h.NIF) .

They are typically used if the flag Uses HD LOD Texture is set. *h.nif is usually used if the editor ID indicates 'heavy' snow.

Still looking into / updating some things for the other thing.

• +1 1