DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 172

sheson

1 hour ago, tooandrew said:

think i uploaded it before telling ddl to zip and exit. look again

Thanks. Also upload ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt  and ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Export_Tamriel.txt

Clean plugins with deleted references

Mine stops at 5:46. I have Asus 6800 OC graphics card.  Last time it had popup for opengl error.    Today it just stops at that time.  Any ideas if it's cos I have an amd card?  I followed directions from gamerpoets video on youtube.  Even watched a few times to make sure cos 3.0 version has more stuff to install than 2.98 version.    No issues with 2.98 version.  Curious if anyone has experienced this too?  The texgen runs fine, no issues.  It's just when I run dyndolod.  I did find a fix online when I change settings in Win 10.  https://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/opengl-errors/.  The one that worked for me was "Enable high performance visual effects" and changed settings to "best performance".  Ran it and it worked.  Then once it finished, I changed it back.  Kind of a pain, but I understand this is alpha, so maybe it will be fixed.  Running version alpha-28.  The version prior gave me that opengl error I mentioned so I no longer have those logs.  This one just stopped.  Pretty sure time is the same too.

When I use the best performance, I get a popup...   

Error: OpenGL: invalid operation while processing FF8A7063. 

Not sure what that means.  I use Loot and clean anything it identifies with SSEEdit.  Graphics card is updated to latest version.  Have 16 GB Vram.  32 GB RAM.  So it can't be memory.  I installed everything per gamerpoets video on youtube.  It worked before, but now that I updated GC to latest version, it gives me this error.  I understand its in alpha version, but I dont know how to fix this.  Any help would be appreciated.

3 hours ago, Kansas72 said:

Mine stops at 5:46. I have Asus 6800 OC graphics card.  Last time it had popup for opengl error.    Today it just stops at that time.  Any ideas if it's cos I have an amd card?  I followed directions from gamerpoets video on youtube.  Even watched a few times to make sure cos 3.0 version has more stuff to install than 2.98 version.    No issues with 2.98 version.  Curious if anyone has experienced this too?  The texgen runs fine, no issues.  It's just when I run dyndolod.  I did find a fix online when I change settings in Win 10.  https://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/opengl-errors/.  The one that worked for me was "Enable high performance visual effects" and changed settings to "best performance".  Ran it and it worked.  Then once it finished, I changed it back.  Kind of a pain, but I understand this is alpha, so maybe it will be fixed.  Running version alpha-28.  The version prior gave me that opengl error I mentioned so I no longer have those logs.  This one just stopped.  Pretty sure time is the same too.

1 hour ago, Kansas72 said:

When I use the best performance, I get a popup...   

Error: OpenGL: invalid operation while processing FF8A7063. 

Not sure what that means.  I use Loot and clean anything it identifies with SSEEdit.  Graphics card is updated to latest version.  Have 16 GB Vram.  32 GB RAM.  So it can't be memory.  I installed everything per gamerpoets video on youtube.  It worked before, but now that I updated GC to latest version, it gives me this error.  I understand its in alpha version, but I dont know how to fix this.  Any help would be appreciated.

Read the first post which logs and bug logs to upload when making posts.

If there is a pop up message, click on the "Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message" as explained on the first post.

Search this thread for similar posts and problems as explained on the first post. For example https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/16796-dyndolod-3-alpha-95/page/333/?tab=comments#comment-262537

Explain what "Mine" refers to. Any timestamp is irrelevant while withholding the log files. Running times depend on settings, hardware and load order.

DynDOLOD 3 Alpha has less stuff to install since no 3rd party billboards should be installed. Refer to https://dyndolod.info/Downloads and https://dyndolod.info/Installation-Instructions.

Make sure this is 100% reproducible several time before assuming that the visual Effects settings for the desktop are any factor. DyNDOLOD Alpha is out since quite a while... Nobody else reported having to do this.

Always use the latest version as explained on the first post.

Do not make assumption about memory being enough or not. Check it with appropriate tools/loggers.

Explain what "GC" refers to.

14 hours ago, sheson said:

Thanks. Also upload ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt  and ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Export_Tamriel.txt

Clean plugins with deleted references

Uploaded. If im not mistaken the only plugins with deleted references are official plugins. Read that cleaning them can cause issues. Is this not the case?

Something weird may have happened with export-tamriel.txt. as far as i remember all i changed was grassbrightness but when i first started running it to test grass colors,  it was producing ~1000 meshes, and at one point it started producing ~600 meshes. 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Eo9hTqahzjKDNuypYo1CzS62dBqc4hSM?usp=sharing

Link again, so you dont have to go back in the thread to find it

Edited by tooandrew

3 hours ago, tooandrew said:

Uploaded. If im not mistaken the only plugins with deleted references are official plugins. Read that cleaning them can cause issues. Is this not the case?

Something weird may have happened with export-tamriel.txt. as far as i remember all i changed was grassbrightness but when i first started running it to test grass colors,  it was producing ~1000 meshes, and at one point it started producing ~600 meshes. 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Eo9hTqahzjKDNuypYo1CzS62dBqc4hSM?usp=sharing

Link again, so you dont have to go back in the thread to find it

https://dyndolod.info/Generation-Instructions#Prerequisites
Finalize the load order. Install mods, sort and resolve conflicts. Clean and error check the load order with xEdit. Clean every plugin that LOOT suggests to clean. The Batch Plugin Cleaner for Mod Organizer or the xEdit Cleaning Extension for Vortex help to automate some of that.
Cleaning plugins is save when properly following the instructions.

There is a line in the export file for the reference form id, with a LOD model set to all 4 LOD Levels.

000EC6ED    00000000    21159.558594    -22005.623047    -3829.927246    10.938500    9.623500    56.769199    1.000000    MountainTrim01PineForest01    00008000        Meshes\landscape\mountains\mountaintrim01.nif    meshes\lod\mountains\mountaintrim01_lod_0.nif    meshes\lod\mountains\mountaintrim01_lod_1.nif    meshes\lod\mountains\mountaintrim01_lod_2.nif    meshes\lod\mountains\mountaintrim01_lod_0.nif

If it doesn't show in the game, then the object LOD file *.BTO the game uses is not from that DynDOLOD output.

The position is unchanged and there is no message about mountaintrim01 in the LODGen log.

Just maybe, terrain LOD is different for that location, so the object LOD is now buried underground and its triangles removed.

If you only keep this one line and remove all similar lines (e.g. keep the header settings) and then execute LODGen, it should only produce the LOD files for that quad. You can then check them in NifSkope and the game if you see the LOD.

LODGen always works the same, unless you tell it only generate a specific LOD Level and/or quad coordinates.

If you settled on settings, maybe just properly generate everything from scratch, so no manual edits interfere.

Hi there, I'm getting this message while trying to runDynDOLOD. tried reading the crashlog but can't figure it out myself, this is what the message said and my crashlog.

Would you mind taking as look at it?

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
Error: Error processing terrain quad [32,88] Range check error.

[Content]

Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message

[OK] [Exit DynDOLOD]

[Footer]
Online Help | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt bugreport.txt

1 hour ago, OG_Grinskin said:

Hi there, I'm getting this message while trying to runDynDOLOD. tried reading the crashlog but can't figure it out myself, this is what the message said and my crashlog.

Would you mind taking as look at it?

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
Error: Error processing terrain quad [32,88] Range check error.

[Content]

Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message

[OK] [Exit DynDOLOD]

[Footer]
Online Help | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 514.78 kB · 0 downloads bugreport.txt 365.19 kB · 0 downloads

Also upload the debug log as explained on the first post.

Also pay attention to the log message
<Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\Tamriel\Tamriel.4.-52.64.btr": Not a valid NIF file>

That particular *.BTR file does not cover the same coordinates as 32,88 - and because it is detected as invalid, it is not processed.

These errors hint that there is a problem with corrupt *.BTR files or the *.BSA containing them, causing invalid data while reading the terrain LOD mesh 4.32.88.btr. Could be reading issues caused by OS, antivir, driver, hardware.

If you used xLODGen to generate those files, it could indicated a problem with writing files, like OS, driver, antivir, hardware issues or ignoring the instructions to not generate output into game / mod manager folders.

Clean plugins containing deleted reference.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Also upload the debug log as explained on the first post.

Also pay attention to the log message
<Warning: Error when loading "meshes\terrain\Tamriel\Tamriel.4.-52.64.btr": Not a valid NIF file>

That particular *.BTR file does not cover the same coordinates as 32,88 - and because it is detected as invalid, it is not processed.

These errors hint that there is a problem with corrupt *.BTR files or the *.BSA containing them, causing invalid data while reading the terrain LOD mesh 4.32.88.btr. Could be reading issues caused by OS, antivir, driver, hardware.

If you used xLODGen to generate those files, it could indicated a problem with writing files, like OS, driver, antivir, hardware issues or ignoring the instructions to not generate output into game / mod manager folders.

Clean plugins containing deleted reference.

thanks for the reply, here you go, This should be all the relevant files, they were a little too big to upload direct so put them on google drive.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14Ln5AUXwOiNZ9r8pLjdCN13BexIRAEwI/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KPsAfDRn3pHtgEA_V-FiZKCE06_brn67/view?usp=sharing

I did indeed use xLODGen to generate the files, so uploaded the log for that too, I do have the occasional issue with windows defender screwing up Nemesis gen too so could be the case.

43 minutes ago, OG_Grinskin said:

thanks for the reply, here you go, This should be all the relevant files, they were a little too big to upload direct so put them on google drive.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14Ln5AUXwOiNZ9r8pLjdCN13BexIRAEwI/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KPsAfDRn3pHtgEA_V-FiZKCE06_brn67/view?usp=sharing

I did indeed use xLODGen to generate the files, so uploaded the log for that too, I do have the occasional issue with windows defender screwing up Nemesis gen too so could be the case.

Do not install the tools or generate their output into game or mod manager folders.

Regenerate the affected files again with xLODGen by checking terrain LOD meshes only, checking Specific chunk, setting the drop down to 4, W to 32 and S to 88 for Tamriel.4.32.88.btr for example to a dedicated output folder outside of game and mod manager folders.

Check the file(s) open in NifSkope without error message.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Do not install the tools or generate their output into game or mod manager folders.

Regenerate the affected files again with xLODGen by checking terrain LOD meshes only, checking Specific chunk, setting the drop down to 4, W to 32 and S to 88 for Tamriel.4.32.88.btr for example to a dedicated output folder outside of game and mod manager folders.

Check the file(s) open in NifSkope without error message.

So, this is weird, I try to generate and it doesn't generate anything, and when I go to search the Coordinates I get no result in xedit. so I'm not quite sure whats going on here.

this is what LODgen throws out. 

[00:00] Generating LOD
[00:00] [Tamriel] Generating Terrain LOD
[00:00] [Tamriel] Gathering CELL and LAND records
[00:00] [Tamriel] Land height: -27000, Water height: -14000, Scanned: 11187 CELL records, Found: 0 LAND records for area [2147483647,2147483647] to [-2147483648,-2147483648]
[00:00] [Tamriel] LODsettings: Level 4 to 32 stride 256 from -96,-96 to 0,0
[00:00] [Tamriel] no useful LAND data for terrain LOD generation found
[00:00] LOD generation complete

Strange, could this be an issue with antivirus or curruption then?

1 hour ago, OG_Grinskin said:

So, this is weird, I try to generate and it doesn't generate anything, and when I go to search the Coordinates I get no result in xedit. so I'm not quite sure whats going on here.

this is what LODgen throws out. 

[00:00] Generating LOD
[00:00] [Tamriel] Generating Terrain LOD
[00:00] [Tamriel] Gathering CELL and LAND records
[00:00] [Tamriel] Land height: -27000, Water height: -14000, Scanned: 11187 CELL records, Found: 0 LAND records for area [2147483647,2147483647] to [-2147483648,-2147483648]
[00:00] [Tamriel] LODsettings: Level 4 to 32 stride 256 from -96,-96 to 0,0
[00:00] [Tamriel] no useful LAND data for terrain LOD generation found
[00:00] LOD generation complete

Strange, could this be an issue with antivirus or curruption then?

Post/uploaded entire logs when making posts.

If I have to guess, do not forget to enable SSE-Terrain-Tamriel-Extend.esm again.