DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 169

sheson

13 hours ago, sheson said:

Check the task manager if there are Texconvx64.exe processes TexGen might be waiting for.

If there are, make sure Texconvx64.exe is not blocked by the OS or antivir.

Process blocking and folder blocking have already been done. There are no anti-virus programs other than Window Defender.

1 hour ago, Honeypopcorn said:

Process blocking and folder blocking have already been done. There are no anti-virus programs other than Window Defender.

You did not answer if there is a Texconvx64.exe (a command line tool from MS) processes visible in Task manager TexGen is waiting for.
If that is the case, then something is blocking it from executing/continuing. If you kill it TexGen will most likely continue/fail with an error message about it.
If it is not the OS, UAC, antivir or mod manager blocking file access, it could be old/outdated graphics drivers or a problem with them preventing it from continuing. Do a clean re-install of the latest official drivers (not beta or optional versions). Do not install any bloat/crapware that comes with drivers, just the drivers only.

4 hours ago, sheson said:

You did not answer if there is a Texconvx64.exe (a command line tool from MS) processes visible in Task manager TexGen is waiting for.
If that is the case, then something is blocking it from executing/continuing. If you kill it TexGen will most likely continue/fail with an error message about it.
If it is not the OS, UAC, antivir or mod manager blocking file access, it could be old/outdated graphics drivers or a problem with them preventing it from continuing. Do a clean re-install of the latest official drivers (not beta or optional versions). Do not install any bloat/crapware that comes with drivers, just the drivers only.

I've already tried all the answers I got from Posts that I've heard as examples. Anyway, thank you for your reply.

On 3/13/2023 at 10:08 PM, DarkladyLexy said:

2023-03-13 21_11_01-J__Skyrim Special Edition Tools_DynDOLOD Alpha 39_Edit Scripts_DynDOLOD_Configs_.png

I beleive there a typo in DynDOLOD_SSE_Required_Resources.txt

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

Do not post screenshots of text. Post the text instead.

Does the file not exist in the latest DynDOLOD Resources? The DynDOLOD_SSE_Required_Resources.txt is auto generated from the contents of the latest archive.

Enderal Skyrim.esm

_00E_SuncoastMountainCliffSlope [STAT:000348EF] Meshes\enderal\landscape\suncoast\souncoastmountaincliffslope.nif [CRC32:D93057C2] using textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab01.dds, textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab02_n.dds, textures\enderal\landscape\ground_wet_sand01_dxt1.dds, textures\enderal\landscape\ground_wet_sand01_n_dxt1.dds, textures\landscape\rocks01.dds, textures\landscape\rocks01_n.dds
_00E_Tropical_MountainCliffSlope [STAT:00069514] Meshes\enderal\landscape\suncoast\souncoastmountaincliffslope.nif [CRC32:D93057C2] using textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab01.dds, textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab02_n.dds, textures\enderal\landscape\ground_wet_sand01_dxt1.dds, textures\enderal\landscape\ground_wet_sand01_n_dxt1.dds, textures\landscape\rocks01.dds, textures\landscape\rocks01_n.dds
_00E_Tropical_MountainCliffSlopeGrass [STAT:00069538] Meshes\enderal\landscape\suncoast\souncoastmountaincliffslope.nif [CRC32:D93057C2] using textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab01.dds, textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab02_n.dds, textures\enderal\landscape\ground_wet_sand01_dxt1.dds, textures\enderal\landscape\ground_wet_sand01_n_dxt1.dds, textures\landscape\rocks01.dds, textures\landscape\rocks01_n.dds
_00E_Tropical_MountainCliffSlopeGrass02 [STAT:0006952D] Meshes\enderal\landscape\suncoast\souncoastmountaincliffslope.nif [CRC32:D93057C2] using textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab01.dds, textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab02_n.dds, textures\enderal\landscape\ground_wet_sand01_dxt1.dds, textures\enderal\landscape\ground_wet_sand01_n_dxt1.dds, textures\landscape\rocks01.dds, textures\landscape\rocks01_n.dds

https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/17510-dyndolod-300-alpha-119/?do=findComment&comment=270047

Hello,

i have been trying to generate the textures but texgen stops after around 35 minutes, processor usage goes to 0, ram usage drops. no error no messages

this is the log after the last attempt, i just force closed the application
https://paste.ee/p/hNDAZ

antivirus or firewall and etc is disabled, both texgen and texconverter is granted elevated rights

a couple days ago before the new dyndolod update i managed to run it and complete it in around 30 minutes

any idea what might be causing the issue? how can i troubleshoot it?

Edited by sdexy

20 minutes ago, sdexy said:

Hello,

i have been trying to generate the textures but texgen stops after around 35 minutes, processor usage goes to 0, ram usage drops. no error no messages

this is the log after the last attempt, i just force closed the application
https://paste.ee/p/hNDAZ

antivirus or firewall and etc is disabled, both texgen and texconverter is granted elevated rights

a couple days ago before the new dyndolod update i managed to run it and complete it in around 30 minutes

any idea what might be causing the issue? how can i troubleshoot it?

Moved to the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread. Read the first post which debug log to also upload when making posts.

Check the Windows task manager if there are stuck Texconvx64.exe (a command line tool from MS) processes TexGen might be waiting for.

If that is the case, then something is blocking Texconvx64.exe from executing/continuing. If you kill it TexGen will most likely continue and fail with an error message.

If it is not the OS, UAC, antivir or the mod manager blocking execution, file or folder access, it could be old/outdated graphics drivers or a problem with them preventing it from continuing. Do a clean re-install of the latest official drivers (not beta or optional versions). Do not install any bloat/crapware that comes with drivers, just the drivers only.

25 minutes ago, sheson said:

Moved to the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread. Read the first post which debug log to also upload when making posts.

Check the Windows task manager if there are stuck Texconvx64.exe (a command line tool from MS) processes TexGen might be waiting for.

If that is the case, then something is blocking Texconvx64.exe from executing/continuing. If you kill it TexGen will most likely continue and fail with an error message.

If it is not the OS, UAC, antivir or the mod manager blocking execution, file or folder access, it could be old/outdated graphics drivers or a problem with them preventing it from continuing. Do a clean re-install of the latest official drivers (not beta or optional versions). Do not install any bloat/crapware that comes with drivers, just the drivers only.

Thank you for the quick response
Here is the debug file of the latest run, for some reason pastee was not responding so I used ufile
https://ufile.io/xuo3gzm7

There was a command line tool in the processes next to textgen and texconv, idling as well

13 minutes ago, sdexy said:

Thank you for the quick response
Here is the debug file of the latest run, for some reason pastee was not responding so I used ufile
https://ufile.io/xuo3gzm7

There was a command line tool in the processes next to textgen and texconv, idling as well

This is how Windows works, in order to run a command line tool, the command line prompt cmd/conhost is spawned to run it in.

If it is not the OS, UAC, antivir or the mod manager blocking execution, file or folder access (reboot), it could be old/outdated graphics drivers or a problem with them preventing it from continuing. Do a clean re-install of the latest official drivers (not beta or optional versions). Do not install any bloat/crapware that comes with drivers, just the drivers only.

38 minutes ago, sheson said:

This is how Windows works, in order to run a command line tool, the command line prompt cmd/conhost is spawned to run it in.

If it is not the OS, UAC, antivir or the mod manager blocking execution, file or folder access (reboot), it could be old/outdated graphics drivers or a problem with them preventing it from continuing. Do a clean re-install of the latest official drivers (not beta or optional versions). Do not install any bloat/crapware that comes with drivers, just the drivers only.

I updated my graphics drivers and it completed the generating process, thank you

2 hours ago, RainingTacco said:

Any good photo op comparisons with complex grass lods between 118 and 119? Worth rerunning?

As explained on the first post, use search to find similar questions and answers or just click a couple pages back.

https://stepmodifications.org/forum/search/?&q="alpha 119"&type=forums_topic&quick=1&item=17510

Only you can compare and test changes for your custom load order and preference.