DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 169

sheson

I hope it does not bother you too much that I ask for troubleshooting, I have a really quick question: 

I created Ultra tree LOD with the mod 3D Trees and Plants. Everything works perfectly. I did alot of careful manual reading about how to set it up. Every hybrid-tree in the game works perfectly, except one tree type, I think its treepineforest02 (picture). Logs don't hint me something is wrong.

When i check from close-view with 'tfc' I see that the mesh is fine, but the textures dont seem to have alpha layer, thats why it looks wrong. However, when I look in files, the texture looks right...

Maybe you have a quick hint about where to look towards an error I made?

Thank you very much!

So, from what I can understand DynDOLOD uses textures from one big atlas texture ("DynDOLOD_Tamriel.dds") for all the Trees. How did I manage that the atlas mapping of jus this one mesh model is wrong?  ::(: It is reproducably always this one tree mesh that is faulty when redoing DynDOLOD.

Edited by Dammal19

I hope it does not bother you too much that I ask for troubleshooting, I have a really quick question: 

I created Ultra tree LOD with the mod 3D Trees and Plants. Everything works perfectly. I did alot of careful manual reading about how to set it up. Every hybrid-tree in the game works perfectly, except one tree type, I think its treepineforest02 (picture). Logs don't hint me something is wrong.

When i check from close-view with 'tfc' I see that the mesh is fine, but the textures dont seem to have alpha layer, thats why it looks wrong. However, when I look in files, the texture looks right...

Maybe you have a quick hint about where to look towards an error I made?

Thank you very much!

Is this a problem specific to the DynDOLOD 3.0 Alpha testing?

If a texture does not have transparency on the atlas, it typically means the source texture file does not have alpha or there is something wierd or not anticipated with the NiAlphaProperty of the NIF model using that texture.

No information about the setup was provided, no logs etc. so nobody knows what was actually setup or done.

I am using the newest Alpha of Dyndolod. I just recently started devoting my soul to Skyrim again, so I did not test the latest stable version of DynDOLOD. Shall I test it with the old version?

Sorry, here are the logs. DynDOLOD produces so many I am afraid I don't know which ones are important, I just attached most of them.. mega link

When i tfc to the mesh I can clearly see that the color map is perfectly fine, there just is no alpha mask for some reason.. as I said, all other trees work like a charm, it is just this one that seems to get messed up for me when being atlased. I can see no difference between that particular mesh and the other ones, or between the texture it uses and the other textures (before being atlased).

Edited by Dammal19

I checked the NiAlphaProperty in Nifskope, it says Threshold 0. I cannot see that value on the other meshes, they have more something like 64 or 128. is that the culprit?

Set it to 1, then generate LOD again.

If it helps, I will know what to change to fix it for the next Alpha without having to edit the NIF.

Yup, changing the Threshold in Nifskope fixed it (I set it to 128, because I already started redoing LOD before your advise came in).

Thank you so much for hinting me to the solution, you are truly amazing! And so is your DynDOLOD  ::):

Guess I will report it as a bug @ 3D Trees and Plants anyways, in case someone comes across the same thing before you update to the next alpha.

Yup, changing the Threshold in Nifskope fixed it (I set it to 128, because I already started redoing LOD before your advise came in).

Thank you so much for hinting me to the solution, you are truly amazing! And so is your DynDOLOD  ::):

Guess I will report it as a bug @ 3D Trees and Plants anyways, in case someone comes across the same thing before you update to the next alpha.

The original NIF is fine as is. It will be fixed in the next Alpha version.

Hi, I've encountered a problem when generating DynDOLOD, using latest Alpha version (GrassLargeReference = 1 and DynDOLODGrassMode = 2)

TexGen ran flawlessly, but DynDOLOD crashed with an error after ~15 min

5l2XxbZxJrzjhttps://imagebin.ca/v/5l2XxbZxJrzj

Here are the logs, including debug_log (wasn't sure which logs are relevant, so attached them all).

https://mega.nz/folder/09BV0SxT#Hzb0pXy0KJIxokXtqV2OeA

Debug log says something about GrayCowl.esm being the wrong version, but it seems unlikely since the mod was last updated in 2017. 

Edited by Dorsum

Hi, I've encountered a problem when generating DynDOLOD, using latest Alpha version (GrassLargeReference = 1 and DynDOLODGrassMode = 2)

TexGen ran flawlessly, but DynDOLOD crashed with an error after ~15 min

5l2XxbZxJrzjhttps://imagebin.ca/v/5l2XxbZxJrzj

Here are the logs, including debug_log (wasn't sure which logs are relevant, so attached them all).

https://mega.nz/folder/09BV0SxT#Hzb0pXy0KJIxokXtqV2OeA

Debug log says something about GrayCowl.esm being the wrong version, but it seems unlikely since the mod was last updated in 2017. 

Thanks for the report and all the logs. This will be fixed in the next Alpha version.

Hi, I am using the newest DynDOLOD for SSE with a pre-cache of grass from No Grass in Objects. Is it normal for DynDOLOD to take very long now? It used to take me 25 minutes, now taking 2+ hours and counting. It is on the Waiting for LODGenx64.exe generating object LOD for Tamriel line, and I see the other window is very slowly working on "Finished LOD Level 4 Coord". I did this previously with alpha 7 and it took about 30 minutes for DynDOLOD to finish, not nearly this long and I am unsure if it is even going to finish. Any advice?

Hi, I am using the newest DynDOLOD for SSE with a pre-cache of grass from No Grass in Objects. Is it normal for DynDOLOD to take very long now? It used to take me 25 minutes, now taking 2+ hours and counting. It is on the Waiting for LODGenx64.exe generating object LOD for Tamriel line, and I see the other window is very slowly working on "Finished LOD Level 4 Coord". I did this previously with alpha 7 and it took about 30 minutes for DynDOLOD to finish, not nearly this long and I am unsure if it is even going to finish. Any advice?

Generating millions of grass billboards takes time. Make sure there is as much free memory available as possible.

Edited by sheson
  • +1 1