sseedit is graying out plugins and drawing a line through them!

Vraydel

Question

8 answers to this question

It looks like ussep is requiring Creation Club content such as Fishing, Survival mode, Curios and - I'm not sure what this other one is - "AdvDSGS.esm".  My Skyrim version is 1.5.97 (Special Edition) not 1.6.3 (Anniversary Edition).  USSEP on Nexus only gives one option for download and that's what I got.  I hope that I am not stuck with having to upgrade to Anniversary Edition because it doesn't allow SKSE which is required for many of the mods that I intend to install.  I'm going to check my USSEP archive for appropriate files.

Edited by Vraydel

3 hours ago, Vraydel said:

It looks like ussep is requiring Creation Club content such as Fishing, Survival mode, Curios and - I'm not sure what this other one is - "AdvDSGS.esm".  My Skyrim version is 1.5.97 (Special Edition) not 1.6.3 (Anniversary Edition).  USSEP on Nexus only gives one option for download and that's what I got.  I hope that I am not stuck with having to upgrade to Anniversary Edition because it doesn't allow SKSE which is required for many of the mods that I intend to install.  I'm going to check my USSEP archive for appropriate files.

USSEP requires game version 1.6+. That's the free update to SE. AE is actually an additional DLC that must be purchased and downloaded. So you are artificially preventing your game from updating, that's why. Your problem is one that you've created yourself. ;)

SKSE is fully compatible with 1.6+ version of the game, btw.

How do I "reply in this forum? (newbe).  Thanks TechAngel85 and Greg.  I have been following the "Best Modlist for Skyrim (BMS) Guide".  In so doing, I was persuaded to stick with 1.5.97.  One of the arguments (clearly outdated) was that SKSE doesn't work with AE.  Now that I am part way through modding, I'm wondering if I should start over with AE.

Not all SKSE mods have been updated for game version 1.6+ (SE with AE DLC). Those mods that haven't updated by now are more-or-less abandoned by their authors or the author is simply refusing to update. That's on them. Our Guide requires the AE DLC, but like I said, that's the additional DLC that must be purchased and downloaded. If you continue with the guide you mentioned, it can likely be adopted to the new game version. Just be sure you download the "AE" versions of mods.

I know the SE and AE terms are confusing and authors are using the "AE" abbreviation to incorrectly refer to SE game version 1.6+. This was in part Bethesda's confusing marketing that has since been corrected; however, many in the community haven't corrected their use of the term.

• SE = game version 1.5+ and v1.6+. V1.6 was simply a free update to the SE game
  • AE = additional DLC that must be purchased (just look it up on Steam), which makes it no different than Dawnguard, Hearthfire, and Dragonborn that came before it
40 minutes ago, Vraydel said:

How do I "reply in this forum? (newbe). 

Click the "Quote" text next to the + sign at the bottom of a post.

32 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

Not all SKSE mods have been updated for game version 1.6+ (SE with AE DLC). Those mods that haven't updated by now are more-or-less abandoned by their authors or the author is simply refusing to update. That's on them. Our Guide requires the AE DLC, but like I said, that's the additional DLC that must be purchased and downloaded. If you continue with the guide you mentioned, it can likely be adopted to the new game version. Just be sure you download the "AE" versions of mods.

I know the SE and AE terms are confusing and authors are using the "AE" abbreviation to incorrectly refer to SE game version 1.6+. This was in part Bethesda's confusing marketing that has since been corrected; however, many in the community haven't corrected their use of the term.

• SE = game version 1.5+ and v1.6+. V1.6 was simply a free update to the SE game
  • AE = additional DLC that must be purchased (just look it up on Steam), which makes it no different than Dawnguard, Hearthfire, and Dragonborn that came before it

Click the "Quote" text next to the + sign at the bottom of a post.

Thank you!