Sign in to follow this  
Eagleman

(mouse) movement makes surrounding area brighter

Question

10 answers to this question

19 minutes ago, Eagleman said:

One of the last issues I'm noticing after having done the following guide is the following:

(mouse) movement makes surrounding area brighter

Could be a little bit hard to see in the video. But there is always something that moves with me:

RwG0kqQ.png

Looks like your shadow settings.

I've seen this, and it's probably more noticeable with ENB. To confirm, toggle ENB on/off using Shift + F12.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, z929669 said:

I've seen this, and it's probably more noticeable with ENB. To confirm, toggle ENB on/off using Shift + F12.

I do not notice it with the ENB being OFF. It is very noticable with ENB being ON.

Double checked the enblocal.ini, they are in line with the guide.

Edited by Eagleman

24 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

Looks like your shadow settings.

Using the Ultra settings, as to according the guide:

image.thumb.png.e36898bc7e8d671c05ea6708219fe25f.png

image.thumb.png.00eb29f01508ab8ffde66e74efe6e976.png

Drop Detailed Draw Distance down to 2896 and see if that helps. Shadows in SSE are not perfect, so you may not be able to get rid of it entirely.

I think it might be an issue with material shaders in certain meshes like ice and apparently bluffs. ENB makes it more noticeable I suspect. Google may have answers. It's not the mouse but rather a sphere around the character where the effects are active. Could be SSE shadows as well as DY suspects.

Posted (edited)

Found something here: 

Changing the night value in this example to 1 reduces the effect so much that it is barely noticable. 2 fully eliminated the effect. Any idea where these values are coming from?

image.thumb.png.6e3d8555decd68422c62394df2b0f410.png

Also only seems to occur for now during the weather foggy:

image.thumb.png.78907c020ad8f83016d3725a504651d3.png

Edited by Eagleman

1 hour ago, Eagleman said:

Found something here: 

Changing the night value in this example to 1 reduces the effect so much that it is barely noticable. 2 fully eliminated the effect. Any idea where these values are coming from?

image.thumb.png.6e3d8555decd68422c62394df2b0f410.png

Also only seems to occur for now during the weather foggy:

image.thumb.png.78907c020ad8f83016d3725a504651d3.png

Thanks. Those settings can be balanced by similar fog settings, so I will take a a look in next ENB update.

Posted (edited)

Thanks!  Will it be changes to the ENB (Heavy/Medium/Milkdrinker) files? When are the plans to release the new version? 

Edited by Eagleman

3 hours ago, Eagleman said:

Thanks!  Will it be changes to the ENB (Heavy/Medium/Milkdrinker) files? When are the plans to release the new version? 

We'll be releasing an update sometime this month.