Random terrain seams(image included)

Sakiri

What is up with this? Started seeing them occasionally.  First one was inside the Tundra homestead(under one of the beds, not sure it's supposed to be there or not) but I figured meh, maybe just modeling issues.

Then I saw this one.

RP5A2Lx.png

Opposite bank of the river, can't miss it.  There's others as well, this was just the first one I screenshotted. Anyone know how I can fix it? Running the full guide minus CCOR/CACO, and only added two mods after(KS Hair and Inigo).

I know that Inigo has some landscape conflicts. These kinds of issues have to be patched in the Creation Kit. Report the location using the coordinates given in the DynDOLOD MCM menu and we can see if it is in the Step setup and patch it. 

2 hours ago, Sakiri said:

Not sure of the exact location off the top of my head, but it's near Karthspire.  The map marker is right at Karthspire.

Suppose I could go find it again and figure out how to get the coordinates...

DynDOLOD MCM gives you coordinates

Ok I'll take a look.

IIRC, the only place that Inigo edits is the mountain up near the one tower where Langley's cabin ins(of course the location slips my mind) and this is in the Reach.

I'll go find it again.

I'm standing right next to it.

ZgcYS6Z.png

I can't check the spot for Langley's cabin as his quest hasn't triggered yet and it doesn't spawn in until then.

Solution for issues with that area though involve load order, so I'll solve that when and if I need to. 

11 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

I know that Inigo has some landscape conflicts. These kinds of issues have to be patched in the Creation Kit. Report the location using the coordinates given in the DynDOLOD MCM menu and we can see if it is in the Step setup and patch it. 

The only landscape edits that I'm aware of are near snowpoint beacon up on the mountain and there's a patch Elianora made to fix bloodchill manor so you can actually get in because the edits cover the entrance.

But you never know.

I, in my great wisdom, neglected to test this without Inigo installed. All else fails I can start a new game with him disabled and see if it's still there?

21 minutes ago, Sakiri said:

Any idea on how to fix this then? I didn't fall through the world or anything when walking over it(yeah, I tested that) but it's still a pretty big seam.

It's not a big issue, it's only cosmetic. There is discontinuity at the boundary between 2 exterior cells: both are edited by Smooth Shores, but one of them is also edited by Landscape Fixes for Grass Mods, which overrides the former due to plugin load order and is not designed to seamlessly integrate with it (they each do their own landscape edits without regards for the other).

You can simply ignore these little glitches. You'll find many others like it throughout the world. If you can't stand them, you can edit the landscape yourself in Creation Kit to fix the landscape transitions. I don't know about you but I'd rather spend time playing the game than painting landscapes in CK. Or you could also remove Smooth Shores from your load order - that won't get rid of all landscape seam glitches though, as there are other mods which edit the landscape in a disjointed fashion in various places.

For the game breaking issues like passage being blocked there are usually patches available on Nexus.

I have all of those, except the worldspace transition one, which I believe was omitted on purpose?

It's ok. If it won't hurt anything, I'll just leave it, because painting landscapes as mentioned above isn't fun, I'd rather be playing the game. So long as I don't randomly fall through one we're good.

thanks for the heads up though. :)