Missing Masters

ButchDiavolo

Well, I finally got around to installing the Conflict Resolution Patch, but it is giving me Missing Master errors on the creations that I don't have installed. Is there an easy way to fix this or should I just go without the resolution patch and make a Bashed patch?

1 hour ago, ButchDiavolo said:

Well, I finally got around to installing the Conflict Resolution Patch, but it is giving me Missing Master errors on the creations that I don't have installed. Is there an easy way to fix this or should I just go without the resolution patch and make a Bashed patch?

I thought we had stated that the guide is for Anniversary Edition with all/many CC DLC required. Hmmm ... maybe not? Otherwise, it would be a beast to patch and maintain those for all of the variations.

A BP won't resolve, since it only affects leveled list and maybe one or two other record types I think. You can go into xEdit and remove the offending records from the CR patch though. Load xEdit and select the CR patch plugin or maybe the entire list to catch everything (sort with LOOT first), right click the patch plugin and select "Check for errors" to see what records you need to resolve.

3 hours ago, z929669 said:

I thought we had stated that the guide is for Anniversary Edition with all/many CC DLC required. Hmmm ... maybe not? Otherwise, it would be a beast to patch and maintain those for all of the variations.

A BP won't resolve, since it only affects leveled list and maybe one or two other record types I think. You can go into xEdit and remove the offending records from the CR patch though. Load xEdit and select the CR patch plugin or maybe the entire list to catch everything (sort with LOOT first), right click the patch plugin and select "Check for errors" to see what records you need to resolve.

It does say "Creation Club Plugins" under the Loot sorting, but I didn't realize it meant ALL of them. Maybe that should be made more obvious? And yeah, I understand that patching for all possible combinations of the CC content would be... undesirable to say the least. So I will do the xEdit route and figure it out :)

5 hours ago, ButchDiavolo said:

V2 is full AE. If you don't have the content, you need to get AE or don't use the Guide. Those creations don't cause any issues if you don't want to play them (just consider them extra side quests). The Patches are all-or-nothing...and nothing is going to give you all sorts of issues.

22 minutes ago, ButchDiavolo said:

It does say "Creation Club Plugins" under the Loot sorting, but I didn't realize it meant ALL of them. Maybe that should be made more obvious? And yeah, I understand that patching for all possible combinations of the CC content would be... undesirable to say the least. So I will do the xEdit route and figure it out :)

I made this more obvious on our Nexus page and on the forums. I will do so in the guide as well.

14 hours ago, z929669 said:

Since it gives me the Missing Masters error, xEdit won't load the Resolution Patch. *shrugs* It is ok though, I will do without the patches.