dirkmate

Question

Hello all-

I tried creating a new instance to begin modding Subnautica but now MO2 won't launch and it gives the error "Traceback (most recent call last):", attached in the image. Anyone know how to fix this? Maybe by deleting the instance I created through file explorer? I'm not a computer expert.

Thanks,

E

MO2_Error.png

4 answers to this question

Use File Explorer to browse to the D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Subnautica folder to verify whether doorstop_config.ini actually exists. If this file doesn't exist, you'll need to figure out how to get Subnautica to create this file. As z929669 mentioned, this is normally done in Bethesda games by running the launcher from either Windows or Steam. With Bethesda games, this is e.g. SkyrimSELauncher.exe that has the options to configure the resolution and other settings. I'm not familiar with Subnautica.

11 hours ago, dirkmate said:

Hello all-

I tried creating a new instance to begin modding Subnautica but now MO2 won't launch and it gives the error "Traceback (most recent call last):", attached in the image. Anyone know how to fix this? Maybe by deleting the instance I created through file explorer? I'm not a computer expert.

Thanks,

E

MO2_Error.png

You may need to first launch the game via Steam to assert all of the game config files. Do that and then try launching MO. Maybe a restart would help after Steam launch.

in subnautica folder create a new text doc, open text doc then save as doorstop_config.ini. then you can either delete instance as i did or find a way to keep subs profile,which i dont know how to do. better to use vortex for non betheda games.