Skyrim SE ENB's and sky mesh(?) Issue

zsark

Question

So I'm having this issue where ENB seams to break the "seamless" horizon provided by cathedral weathers. Doesn't seem to matter what ENB I use, no conflicts in Xedit however I have read on a few forums (STEP) that this issue seems to be present no matter what and the more detailed rendering offered by ENB can make this issue more noticeable. Also this definitely seems more prominent during dawn/dusk nor really visible during other times. I'm not sure if it's really a mod issue, or if it's just another one of those fugly bethesda seams that we all inevitably see. ENB doesn't seem to matter I always notice this on clear dawn/dusks. Any input or advice would be appreciated. (Issue is easier to see in game than in screenshots) Here's  a link to a post I made on LL with screenshots. https://www.loverslab.com/topic/182711-skyrim-se-enbs-and-sky-mesh-issue/#comment-3631259

Load Order.txt plugins.txt

Edited to remove formatting

11 answers to this question

6 hours ago, zsark said:

Ok so I installed that and tried both without and with the cathedral file, Natural View Tamriel doesn't play nicely with Cathedral Weathers I guess because that didn't fix it but after testing with silent horizons for cathedral, I haven't seen the issue return. Gonna have to do some more testing and hope it doesn't come back. Thanks for the suggestion!imageproxy.php?img=&key=1d9081609aff28e4imageproxy.php?img=&key=1d9081609aff28e4imageproxy.php?img=&key=1d9081609aff28e4

You will need to use a ENB compatible with Cathedral Weathers. We have listed several options on our current Step SSE guide, but most ENBs should mention CW compatibility if they are.

1 hour ago, zsark said:

Using Silent Horizons ENB and I can still see the seam, it's subtle but still there.

The appearance of a 'subtle' seam is subjective.

Something like the seam will always be apparent at certain time of day and using certain weathers. Does the seam disappear when you toggle ENB off using shift + F12?

If so, you are good, Nothing is perfect.

If not, you either have Cathedral Weathers or some mod configured incorrectly for CW compatibility. Or you may also need to try another ENB (we haven't extensively tested any of those listed besides Cathedral Minimalist ENB)

39 minutes ago, zsark said:

Still see it after rebuilding my bashed patch and dynoDolod removed luminosity and relighting skyrim. This photo is with ENB disabled. Hard to see but it is still there.

ScreenShot10.png

:doh:I see no seam in that screen. You may be talking about sky meshes, but that's not the horizon seam fixed by ENB and CW. That would be further down (or my eyesight is worse than I thought).

I honestly don't see any problem (and you must have a bionic eye)

Ok so I installed that and tried both without and with the cathedral file, Natural View Tamriel doesn't play nicely with Cathedral Weathers I guess because that didn't fix it but after testing with silent horizons for cathedral, I haven't seen the issue return. Gonna have to do some more testing and hope it doesn't come back. Thanks for the suggestion!

21 hours ago, z929669 said:

You will need to use a ENB compatible with Cathedral Weathers. We have listed several options on our current Step SSE guide, but most ENBs should mention CW compatibility if they are.

Using Silent Horizons ENB and I can still see the seam, it's subtle but still there.

12 hours ago, z929669 said:

The appearance of a 'subtle' seam is subjective.

Something like the seam will always be apparent at certain time of day and using certain weathers. Does the seam disappear when you toggle ENB off using shift + F12?

If so, you are good, Nothing is perfect.

If not, you either have Cathedral Weathers or some mod configured incorrectly for CW compatibility. Or you may also need to try another ENB (we haven't extensively tested any of those listed besides Cathedral Minimalist ENB)

Nope the seam is still there when I toggle the ENB, so it must be another mod not playing nicely with Cathedral Weathers. Thank you for the clarification with this. I'll mess around with my LO maybe rebuild my bashed patch and Dynodolod see if that helps. Weird thing is in Xedit CW is winning all conflicts except one, but that's the Wet and Cold CW patch, and it edits weather that is not in the cell from the screenshots. 

Still see it after rebuilding my bashed patch and dynoDolod removed luminosity and relighting skyrim. This photo is with ENB disabled. Hard to see but it is still there.

ScreenShot10.png

Edited by zsark

7 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

My guess is you are seeing banding, as that is NOT the infamous horizon seam. Set bUse64bitsHDRRenderTarget=1 under [Display] in SkyrimPrefs.ini.

I will definitely try this. Again, thank you everyone for the input and suggestions. I know sometimes with Bethesda Games it ends up being "as good as it gets" I'm ok with that just want to make sure things are as they should be. Here's the same pic blown up to illustrate what I'm seeing. More visible in game, but even then it's pretty subtle. 

InkedScreenShot10copy_LI.jpg