Create Mod With LOD

z929669

Question

If I want to create a mod for which I want to have persistent, static object LOD, and this mod is replacing existing statics in SSE, then I do not need to use "Create Mod Mode", correct? This is only for new lands/objects (records that neither SSE or DynDOLOD are aware of) in order to set up the new plugin records with the proper flags for LODGen?

Rather, all I need to do is create the full and LOD models using the file-naming and path conventions, and DynDOLOD will take care of the rest?

I have read through the doc, but I am still churning around what I have read. My questions will get more intelligent as I understand more.

PS: Disclaimer ... my questions may not get more intelligent either way

1 answer to this question

On 12/14/2021 at 4:39 AM, z929669 said:

If I want to create a mod for which I want to have persistent, static object LOD, and this mod is replacing existing statics in SSE, then I do not need to use "Create Mod Mode", correct? This is only for new lands/objects (records that neither SSE or DynDOLOD are aware of) in order to set up the new plugin records with the proper flags for LODGen?

Rather, all I need to do is create the full and LOD models using the file-naming and path conventions, and DynDOLOD will take care of the rest?

I have read through the doc, but I am still churning around what I have read. My questions will get more intelligent as I understand more.

PS: Disclaimer ... my questions may not get more intelligent either way

If there are new LOD models used for object LOD generation,  (some) base records need to have the HasLOD flag set in order for object LOD to work correctly.

If you want to create LOD with DynDOLOD to include in a mod use the Create Mod mode as explained to create a plugin to merge those updated base records with the mod.