DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

11 minutes ago, SotiCoto said:

Okay.  I'll take your last bit of advice for sure. 
I think it might be too late for the other part since I'd already tried rebuilding the DynDOLOD files when I was trying to fix the issue.  I'd guess that the IDs probably change when it is rebuilt, though I don't know.  I mean... do they? 

Yes, most form IDs change with every run. If the CTD is caused by a problematic NIF or texture, the crash log should look similar and just show a different form ID for the reference.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Yes, most form IDs change with every run. If the CTD is caused by a problematic NIF or texture, the crash log should look similar and just show a different form ID for the reference.

Figured. 
Well, I just went through the motions installing the Version 3 alpha. 
I see this one is a bit stricter about not putting the Dyndolod folder in the Skyrim VR folder.  It didn't like that so I had to move it.  Also it didn't like the fact that I had to name the Skyrim VR registry "Skyrim Special Edition" to make the Creation Kit work.  Adding extra registry folder for Skyrim VR seemed to fix that. 
Well, at least if it stops me every single time it finds something wrong in the loading process, presumably that means fewer things that can go wrong in-game. 
Running DynDOLOD coughed out a ton of warning messages about overriding large references or somesuch, though I'd made sure to set "IgnoreLargeReferences=1" in the DynDOLOD_SSE.ini file.  Not sure if that was how it was meant to be.   I could vaguely see something about NOT ignoring warnings on the light-mode screen that popped up after the program finished, but I was too busy protecting my retinas from the searing hell of a white screen to take in what it was saying. 
Now I guess I have to load into the game, put myself in an interior cell and then load up the mod... right?  The old one I already went to interior, unticked the MCM, saved, exited, removed, etc. 

I swear... my University exams were easier than modding Skyrim VR.  I've had to start over 4 times already due to major mod issues, and I've sunk just enough time into the last to make it painful if I have to start a 5th.  

[Edit]:  Huh... The Version 3 doesn't have an ESM?  But it does have an Occlusion.esp file?  Is that right? 

Edited by SotiCoto

46 minutes ago, SotiCoto said:

Figured. 
Well, I just went through the motions installing the Version 3 alpha. 
I see this one is a bit stricter about not putting the Dyndolod folder in the Skyrim VR folder.  It didn't like that so I had to move it.  Also it didn't like the fact that I had to name the Skyrim VR registry "Skyrim Special Edition" to make the Creation Kit work.  Adding extra registry folder for Skyrim VR seemed to fix that. 
Well, at least if it stops me every single time it finds something wrong in the loading process, presumably that means fewer things that can go wrong in-game. 
Running DynDOLOD coughed out a ton of warning messages about overriding large references or somesuch, though I'd made sure to set "IgnoreLargeReferences=1" in the DynDOLOD_SSE.ini file.  Not sure if that was how it was meant to be.   I could vaguely see something about NOT ignoring warnings on the light-mode screen that popped up after the program finished, but I was too busy protecting my retinas from the searing hell of a white screen to take in what it was saying. 
Now I guess I have to load into the game, put myself in an interior cell and then load up the mod... right?  The old one I already went to interior, unticked the MCM, saved, exited, removed, etc. 

I swear... my University exams were easier than modding Skyrim VR.  I've had to start over 4 times already due to major mod issues, and I've sunk just enough time into the last to make it painful if I have to start a 5th.  

[Edit]:  Huh... The Version 3 doesn't have an ESM?  But it does have an Occlusion.esp file?  Is that right? 

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Large-References
In case the large reference system is not used and stays disabled for good, a single DynDOLOD.esp can be generated. 

As explained on the page, the DynDOLOD.esm is needed because of the large reference system. If it is not used, there is no need for the DynDOLOD.esm.
If you set IgnoreLargeReferences=1, then you do not need to worry about warnings about large references.

This did not change between DynDOLOD 2/3.

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Occlusion-Data. DynDOLOD 2 already offered to generate the occlusion data into DynDOLOD.esp with an INI switch. With DynDOLOD 3, the options have been added to the advanced interface (while Wizard mode does things automatically), saving the extra step to generate Occlusion.esp with xLODGen.

• 4 months later...

Hi, im new to this forum thing  so if i do anything wrong for the etiquette im sorry in advance but anyways im getting some errors at the very end on my dyndolod script(?) when i try run it, and i have zero clue whats causing it as when it comes to software and coding and stuff im kind of stupid so even when therrors are obvious i dont particularly know whats going on, but yea poor excuses aside could one of the mods here take a look at the logs  and stuff and tell me what might be wrong if any of you can? ill attach them in file form so my post isnt miles long, i used that paste.ee thing but im not sure i did it right, was it meant to make a link?

Logs.txt Bug Report.txt

11 minutes ago, Volplane said:

Hi, im new to this forum thing  so if i do anything wrong for the etiquette im sorry in advance but anyways im getting some errors at the very end on my dyndolod script(?) when i try run it, and i have zero clue whats causing it as when it comes to software and coding and stuff im kind of stupid so even when therrors are obvious i dont particularly know whats going on, but yea poor excuses aside could one of the mods here take a look at the logs  and stuff and tell me what might be wrong if any of you can? ill attach them in file form so my post isnt miles long, i used that paste.ee thing but im not sure i did it right, was it meant to make a link?

Logs.txt 298.15 kB · 1 download Bug Report.txt 140.31 kB · 1 download

Moved to t he DynDOLOD 2.x thread, since you not using DynDOLOD 3 Alpha. Consider using DynDOLOD 3 Alpha instead.

Use the x64 version of the tools so they do not run out of main memory.

• 2 months later...
59 minutes ago, Dreifels said:

a short question only: pack the content of DynDOLOD_Output (meshes, textures, skse) in an uncompressed DynDOLOD.bsa, will that work? Or necessary to keep all as loose files in SSE?

See ..\DynDOLOD\Docs\DynDOLOD-FAQ.txt 

Q: Pack DynDOLOD Resources or generated output into BSA?

A: No. It is not supported.
A: Asking if it is save to pack things into BSA probably means that not all aspects are fully understood. That is a strong hint not to do it.
A: See the 'Load/Overwrite Orders' section in the manual.
A: PapyrusUtil or DynDOLOD.DLL can not read *.[json|txt] data files from BSA.