Skyrim Special Edition Grass LOD Guide

DoubleYou

9 hours ago, louis said:

Understood. I already had Grass Cache Helper NG installed. Can you explain how do I check for density? Also, I was wondering if this setting is good to have set true?: https://imgur.com/a/GPhn3GO. It was true by default so idk.

That's all fine. You just load the game and see if the grass looks correct to test density of the cache. If it is fine, then that means that something else is causing the issue. I would probably check to ensure that the bounds have been set in Creation Kit. There is a small guide here that has some steps on how to do that, but I'm not sure if that will help or not. https://github.com/The-Animonculory/Modding-Resources/blob/main/Grass Lods.md#bounds-data-recalculation

• 2 months later...

I am a but thrown off by this?

OverwriteGrassDistance=6144
OverwriteGrassFadeRange=14128

What is the logic in those numbers?

With fade the recommendation in the grass config says to keep it at "at least half of the other value" ... though STEP doubles it instead?

Also...

ExtendGrassDistance = False

Stated above that it says this should be enabled for LOD grass?

FadeRange is slightly more performant than Distance. Increase Distance and reduce FadeRange if your grass mod fades into the landscape too far, but keep the sum at 20272.

ExtendGrassDistance allows the game to load full grass beyond uGridsToLoad. It is more performant to restrict full grass to within uGridsToLoad and use grass object LOD via DynDOLOD

• 2 months later...
Posted (edited)

Hey all, I've been coming back to Skyrim SE after a few months and updating some of my load order, and I found out that No Grass in Objects has been updated to support AE and no longer requires .NET Script Framework. Is it time for the downgrading instructions to be removed from the Grass LOD guide?

Edit: Sorry, I see now elsewhere in the STEP forums that NGIO has been accepted for the next guide update because you're aware of this change; I got to this thread directly from the Grass LOD Guide before I looked at the rest of the forums, so I missed that before. (I was rereading the grass guide because I have to update my grass cache — yay that I don't have to downgrade my game version anymore, but I'm also more confused than I should be because I don't know how much of the guide is outdated at this point. :D)

Edited by Cavanoskus

3 hours ago, Cavanoskus said:

Hey all, I've been coming back to Skyrim SE after a few months and updating some of my load order, and I found out that No Grass in Objects has been updated to support AE and no longer requires .NET Script Framework. Is it time for the downgrading instructions to be removed from the Grass LOD guide?

Edit: Sorry, I see now elsewhere in the STEP forums that NGIO has been accepted for the next guide update because you're aware of this change; I got to this thread directly from the Grass LOD Guide before I looked at the rest of the forums, so I missed that before. (I was rereading the grass guide because I have to update my grass cache — yay that I don't have to downgrade my game version anymore, but I'm also more confused than I should be because I don't know how much of the guide is outdated at this point. :D)

I updated the guide. I think I hid all irrelevant content. Also updated the BEES explanation a bit. Let us know if there is still an inconsistency.