REL/Relocation.h(567): failed to open file

irisquexo

Question

Hi guys I'm new here so hopefully this is the right place to post this.

When I try launching Skyrim SE through Mod Organizer 2 I get the error "REL/Relocation.h(567): failed to open file"

Before this error I was getting the error "REL/Relocation.h(548): failed to open file" but I uninstalled and reinstalled the engine fixes and SKSE libraries. After doing that and relaunching I get the error I mentioned above. Do you guys know what I could have done wrong? I'm really new to messing with mods so it's probably something I did wrong... I've made sure all plugins are enabled and all mods are installed with their masters except for the ones below because I can't find the appropriate mod that goes with it so maybe that could also be the issue. I'm pretty sure I have "Blues Skyrim" but the creator renamed it so that's why MO2 is detecting it as missing. Idk if that's the case with the other ones though.

Missing masters:

Master                                                                               Required By

Blues Skyrim.esp                                                              Eli_Breezehome [PATCH - DOS (Director's Cut) SE VER1.4] (STD).esp

Skyrim Better Roads - All In One - Merged.esp                Settlements Expanded SE - Skyrim Better Roads Patch.esp, Skyrim Better Roads - All In - One - Merged - PATCHED.esp

Soljund's Sinkhole.esp                                                      Settlements Expanded SE - Soljunds Sinkhole Patch.esp

Tes Arena - Skyrim Frontier Fortress.esp                         Settlements Expanded SE - Legendary Cities Patch - AIO.esp

Whistling Mine.esp                                                           Settlements Expanded SE - Whistling Mine Patch.esp

also another problem is when I run LOOT it gives me the error 

Loot failed to run
Errors:
Cyclic interaction detected: ELE_SSE.esp --[Master]-> SoS_ELE_Patch.esp --[Group]-> Luminosity Lighting Overhaul.esp --[Master]-> SoS_Luminocity_Patch.esp --[Group]-> ELE_SSE.esp

If anyone knows what I could do to fix this, that would be amazing. Thank you :smile:

Missing Masters.png

Loot Failed to Run.png

13 answers to this question

2 hours ago, irisquexo said:

When I try launching Skyrim SE through Mod Organizer 2 I get the error "REL/Relocation.h(567): failed to open file"

I think this is a generic message from Skyrim Script Extender when one of the plugins fails to load. They are aware of this and are quickly working to improve the messaging to indicate which plugin is failing. When I say plugin in this context, I mean one of the DLL extenders like SSE Bug Fixes or Papyrus Utils. I known they released a new version of SKSE today so you might try this one to see if it points to the plugin that's failing. You can also try to disable the SKSE plugins one at a time until the error goes away to find out which one is causing the problem.

Also note that Bethesda may have released another version of the game today so this may have some effect.

16 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

Missing masters will cause ctd every time. You either need to install the required masters or remove the mods requiring the masters. 

Thank you for the reply. I took your advice and deleted all the mods missing their masters but I still get the same error message :(  But I still have the same LOOT error message when I click sort on my plugins

Cyclic interaction detected: ELE_SSE.esp --[Master]-> SoS_ELE_Patch.esp --[Group]-> Luminosity Lighting Overhaul.esp --[Master]-> SoS_Luminocity_Patch.esp --[Group]-> ELE_SSE.esp

14 hours ago, Greg said:

I think this is a generic message from Skyrim Script Extender when one of the plugins fails to load. They are aware of this and are quickly working to improve the messaging to indicate which plugin is failing. When I say plugin in this context, I mean one of the DLL extenders like SSE Bug Fixes or Papyrus Utils. I known they released a new version of SKSE today so you might try this one to see if it points to the plugin that's failing. You can also try to disable the SKSE plugins one at a time until the error goes away to find out which one is causing the problem.

Also note that Bethesda may have released another version of the game today so this may have some effect.

Thank you for letting me know :) I did update everything like SKSE, engine fixes, and Skyrim on Steam but I still have the same problem. & I also removed those plugins that were missing their masters but I still have the same LOOT error. 

Oh and I just downloaded/updated these two Papyrus Utils

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/13048?tab=description

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58705?tab=description

Idk if I'm supposed to have both of those downloaded or not. I feel so dumb trying to figure this stuff out. I have no idea how to mod :( I just found a youtube video with beautiful graphics mods and I downloaded everything he had. I used to just mainly download cosmetics for my character but I've got a better graphics card now and wanted to try making my game look like the ones you see in all the videos but it's been soo hard with all these errors. Lol

Here's the link to the mod list I was following   https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hkzchK3WWeYR1uNeZJN-rRPdzDv2S3ap/view

Some stuff has gotten removed though if I couldn't find the mod or the right plugin but I have almost everything on there. I also tried downloading ENB's (I think that's what they're called) so I don't know if that could be messing something up. I tried googling all my problems before I went on here to bother you guys but now I'm just lost on what to do 😥

31 minutes ago, irisquexo said:

Thank you for the reply. I took your advice and deleted all the mods missing their masters but I still get the same error message :(  But I still have the same LOOT error message when I click sort on my plugins

I believe that you need to choose ELE or Luminosity but not both. Once you do this, you should be able to add back those that you previously deleted.

These mods essentially do the same thing (albeit with different results)

Also, I suggest you follow our 1.0.0 guide, which will give you a great looking and stable SSE with all instructions necessary to both create the mod build AND teach you in the process. Most guides don't provide this level of instruction.

EDIT: also remove the SoS Patch related to the lighting overhaul you drop

27 minutes ago, z929669 said:

I believe that you need to chose ELE or Luminosity but not both. Once you do this, you should be able to add back those that you previously deleted.

These mods essentially do the same thing (albeit with different results)

Thank you! That got rid of the error message :) Once LOOT ran it told me my script extender wasn't updated to my AE edition (which I don't have. I only have SE but I still updated like it said) so now that's fixed... it does let me run Skyrim through the skseloader now which it didn't before. BUTTT I'm still having the same error message when I try opening it through Mod Organizer :( 

9 minutes ago, irisquexo said:

Thank you! That got rid of the error message :) Once LOOT ran it told me my script extender wasn't updated to my AE edition (which I don't have. I only have SE but I still updated like it said) so now that's fixed... it does let me run Skyrim through the skseloader now which it didn't before. BUTTT I'm still having the same error message when I try opening it through Mod Organizer :(

See edits to my previous post.

Also 'AE' and SSE use the same version of Skyrim.exe, which has been updated by Steam. You will need the latest versions of SKSE and other mods supporting this either way. See the links in the warning at top of the guide I linked in my previous post. This will also show you how to properly set up MO (and every other thing you need to do for modding the game)

51 minutes ago, z929669 said:

See edits to my previous post.

Also 'AE' and SSE use the same version of Skyrim.exe, which has been updated by Steam. You will need the latest versions of SKSE and other mods supporting this either way. See the links in the warning at top of the guide I linked in my previous post. This will also show you how to properly set up MO (and every other thing you need to do for modding the game)

I'm following the guide, thanks :) I'm always confused on this part in instruction installation stuff. In this screenshot what do they mean by "Use -o:"c:\OutputPath\" command line parameter to change where files are generated to, default is the game folder."

c7777195fff12f1538c09625996aa4e1.png
https://gyazo.com/c7777195fff12f1538c09625996aa4e1

So far I've installed xEdit into my SkyrimSE folder and I've extracted LOD into its own folder outside of my game/program files. I renamed the file to SSExLODGen like it said but then I don't know what to do with the command line thingy. Where do I go to enter that? Sorry I don't know much about PC's :( 

10 minutes ago, irisquexo said:

I'm following the guide, thanks :) I'm always confused on this part in instruction installation stuff. In this screenshot what do they mean by "Use -o:"c:\OutputPath\" command line parameter to change where files are generated to, default is the game folder."

c7777195fff12f1538c09625996aa4e1.png
https://gyazo.com/c7777195fff12f1538c09625996aa4e1

So far I've installed xEdit into my SkyrimSE folder and I've extracted LOD into its own folder outside of my game/program files. I renamed the file to SSExLODGen like it said but then I don't know what to do with the command line thingy. Where do I go to enter that? Sorry I don't know much about PC's :( 

Those are sheson's instructions on the xLODGen topic, which are accurate but not aligned with the Step SSE 1.0.0 guide I linked previously.

Just follow that guide I linked from top to bottom. if you are on xLODGen piece, then you should be all the way down at utilities in the guide (much further than I would suspect). I suggest you start at Step 2 and reaffirm you have all of your tools and modding environment set up correctly. For this mod, all you need to do is follow our instructions but only once you have gotten through most of Step 4.

In Step 5, you will be instructed how to use this mod.

2 hours ago, z929669 said:

Those are sheson's instructions on the xLODGen topic, which are accurate but not aligned with the Step SSE 1.0.0 guide I linked previously.

Just follow that guide I linked from top to bottom. if you are on xLODGen piece, then you should be all the way down at utilities in the guide (much further than I would suspect). I suggest you start at Step 2 and reaffirm you have all of your tools and modding environment set up correctly. For this mod, all you need to do is follow our instructions but only once you have gotten through most of Step 4.

In Step 5, you will be instructed how to use this mod.

Sorry for the late reply. I've been trying to do this between customers at work lol.

But oooh okay I was confused about that because different guides say different things sometimes but now I've got everything (BETHini, LOOT, xEdit) in my D:\Games\Modding\Tools

and I was still on Step 2 in the Tool Setup in my earlier message. I just saw I needed a program called xLODGen in this table so I went to the download page and followed the installation instructions but got stuck on that part I mentioned earlier. Did I miss something in between all that? I wanna make sure I'm getting everything perfect. I updated my graphics drivers and everything too.

e58f5390ee8f27f8a356f4d03a98cf1e.thumb.png.0c9f8fef53db7cb75f97c37252c80407.png

1 hour ago, irisquexo said:

Sorry for the late reply. I've been trying to do this between customers at work lol.

But oooh okay I was confused about that because different guides say different things sometimes but now I've got everything (BETHini, LOOT, xEdit) in my D:\Games\Modding\Tools

and I was still on Step 2 in the Tool Setup in my earlier message. I just saw I needed a program called xLODGen in this table so I went to the download page and followed the installation instructions but got stuck on that part I mentioned earlier. Did I miss something in between all that? I wanna make sure I'm getting everything perfect. I updated my graphics drivers and everything too.

e58f5390ee8f27f8a356f4d03a98cf1e.thumb.png.0c9f8fef53db7cb75f97c37252c80407.png

This table is for reference. Refer back to it later, but don't install anything but what the guide tells you. We'll need to fix this piece, but ignore xLODGen for now and continue

50 minutes ago, z929669 said:

This table is for reference. Refer back to it later, but don't install anything but what the guide tells you. We'll need to fix this piece, but ignore xLODGen for now and continue

OHHH okay good. I was worried I missed something! I kept going over the instructions looking for the part where it said to download that. I didn't want you to think I was skipping steps 😫 but I'll continue the steps tomorrow. Thank you for helping me out. I love your guide. It makes it easier for a noob like me