Helgen Reborn (by Mike Hancho)

DoubleYou

Discussion topic:
Helgen Reborn by Mike Hancho
Wiki Link

I have been play-testing this mod while testing the STEP 2.0 guide. This mod adds a quest to rebuild Helgen following the dragon attack. I haven't finished the questline yet, but so far it seems to be an extremely well-polished and enjoyable mod. There's been some discussion about adding these kinds of mods, and I think this would be a good candidate.

I have completely finished Helgen Reborn a couple of time, and it is a great mod. The one caveat is that the mod author recommends installing but not activating the plugin when starting a new game. The plugin should be activated after exiting the cave if using the vanilla start. This may be solved by using any of the non-vanilla options in Alternate Start, but the cart ride may not work correctly if the Helgen Reborn plugin is active.

11 minutes ago, Greg said:

I have completely finished Helgen Reborn a couple of time, and it is a great mod. The one caveat is that the mod author recommends installing but not activating the plugin when starting a new game. The plugin should be activated after exiting the cave if using the vanilla start. This may be solved by using any of the non-vanilla options in Alternate Start, but the cart ride may not work correctly if the Helgen Reborn plugin is active.

That is a big caveat with the Mandate.

20 minutes ago, Greg said:

Interesting. I used the vanilla cart ride of Alternate Start and didn't have any issues. I had it active from the start to. It may be that this was caused in original Skyrim by the bUseNavMeshForMovement=1 setting, which SSE sets to 0.

4 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

Interesting. I used the vanilla cart ride of Alternate Start and didn't have any issues. It may be that this was caused in original Skyrim by the bUseNavMeshForMovement=1 setting, which SSE sets to 0.

That should be nice to confirm that LAL would negate the issue, or that it's negated by the setting change.