xLODGen BSOD

RiceSlut1996

Question

Hi, not sure how to phrase this. I'm on Step 5 of the 3.0 guide, at the xLODGen Generation. I don't get very far before my screen freezes with square color splotches checkering it, and then my entire PC just blue screens. I'm not sure if anyone else has this issue, but I've tried to generate about 4 times and this has been the result each time.

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3200G

GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX 580

RAM: 16GB DDR4

If I missed anything pertinent like an idiot, let me know. To preface further, I've successfully and meticulously gone through every Step 1-4, so I don't understand why this would be the one snag. I've also scoured the STEP forums and interestingly enough no one has encountered a problem similar to mine.

Thank you ahead of time.

Edited by RiceSlut1996

1 answer to this question

BSOD are caused by hardware, BIOS settings, driver or OS problems. There seems to something wrong with the graphics card or the drivers for it.

This is the xLODGen/DynDOLOD support forum. It is not part of any modding guide. If you have problems with a guide you need to ask its author(s) on the appropriate forum.