Replay Value of Skyrim

Hi there,

this is my first post after i found out about this great project some days ago.

I played skyrim like only 30 hours up to now, but i will start over again with the STEP enhancemements.

So, i am just curious about what you think about the replay value of skyrim. Why do you play it more than one time? Or am i wrong, because skyrim is like an endless game with the DLCs and Mods? Do you even play it again from the beginning or do you just play it like forever? 

Different people have *very* different playstyles.  I usually make a character and stick with them forever, exploring new content and the like and building a 'legacy'.  Other people tend to like to do lots of alts, or speed-runs and the like.

Whatever the case, Skyrim can be close to endless.

I generally stick with my characters a very long time. With Oblivion I really only had one character that I played, when I tried to start new characters I lost interest and quickly went back to my original character. With Skyrim, I'm trying to create more specialized characters, for example the second, and most recent, character I created is a conjurer (pure mage using conjuration/alteration almost exclusively; I think she's cast a single destruction spell in 40 or so levels of play). My first character was a thief that I played until level 65. My next character will probably be a ranger/archer, and I'm intending to do more of a hardcore survivalist game.

Because Skyrim has so much to do, you can choose to do or not do things to fit a particular character or style of play and still have more than enough to keep you occupied for many, many hours even without the DLCs and mods. With mods, you can take this even further and really enhance a specialized style of play for a particular play-through. So, yes, I think Skyrim is definitely worth replaying.

You can easily replay with different classes of characters to keep the game fresh. Though for role playing classes, Skyrim is a bit harder to contain yourself to one specific class because the game isn't really set up that way. I often find myself being a "Battle Mage" or a "jack-of-all-trades".

I've only used one character yet, but I would assume that the replay value is pretty good. The two primary vanilla quests offer two different paths, and so does the main Dawnguard quest. (Haven't tried Dragonborn yet.) So do many of the smaller quests. Therefore, it seems that a second playthrough, at least, would be fairly entertaining.

You have to find a character who interests you first. For example I was very frustrated about something, so I created one big brute of an orc who double-wields a greatsword and smashes everybody into the ground who opposes him. I enjoyed it a lot :D

Maybe you want to use a very difficult type of playthrough? Using no weapons, or no magic can make things a lot harder if combined with certain difficulty enhancements.

Also try out some combat mods! That makes the "normal" Skyrim experience consisting of a whole lot of fighting more interesting for a veteran.