Simple Children (by Tetchystar)

TechAngel85

I tried the updated textures and I couldn't see any difference on Frodnar or Dorthe's faces. If you look at the textures in MO2 and compare update vs. original, the faces are identical and the main differences are on the hands and bodies. I can't tell the difference on Frodnar's hands in-game:

Original.thumb.jpg.be282ee549db8704c8bd460b3dca26ca.jpgUpdate.thumb.jpg.9c0902bb40c2d516cf7777bcffefd872.jpg

Also the mod's author had this comment on the update:

The file is bigger, because the previous version used the same body texture between the dirty and clean versions, but the skin update has separate textures for each version now. Since there is a full set of each option now, the file is slightly larger.

--

There is a patch for the missing USSEP reference in FaceGenForKids.esp, to avoid diving into SSEdit to clean it up: Simple Children - USSEP Aventus Aretino Patch (Nexus). It simply forwards the original USSEP record. However LOOT is not aware of this fix and still complains about the bug in FaceGenForKids.esp.

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Mousetick said:

It doesn't hurt to install it but it's completely fine without it too. I use it. If you do install it, merge it with the main file.

I didn't quite get what it does exactly. Does the game uses two stages for child skin? Clean and dirty? I mean does it change while we are playing and does the child get dirty or something? I thought it was only a choice when installing :D 

9 minutes ago, Arel said:

I mean does it change while we are playing and does the child get dirty or something? I thought it was only a choice when installing :D 

No it doesn't change. It's either clean or dirty all the time. In order to remain consistent with the guide's aesthetic choice (vanilla-like) you should select the 'Clean Face and Body Textures' option in the FOMOD installer. But you can select the dirty option of course if you prefer.

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...

I reached this mod in the guide, and have proceeded to xEdit after installing and merging the update, the xEdit instruction may now be redundant?

image.thumb.png.a3182685d5d7db6c594583a151a5039a.png

I can't see it referenced in the USSEP changelog (though that thing is a beast and in my experience over the years not everything gets recorded), but it looks like USSEP is no longer causing the issue in facegenforkids.esp? I'll defer to experts here as this goes beyond the edits I normally do.

(And crossing my fingers I'm not embarassing myself by overlooking something else - I promise I deleted and redownloaded, reinstalled [twice] and re-read instructions half a dozen times to try and rule that out.)

54 minutes ago, ozoak said:

I reached this mod in the guide, and have proceeded to xEdit after installing and merging the update, the xEdit instruction may now be redundant?

image.thumb.png.a3182685d5d7db6c594583a151a5039a.png

I can't see it referenced in the USSEP changelog (though that thing is a beast and in my experience over the years not everything gets recorded), but it looks like USSEP is no longer causing the issue in facegenforkids.esp? I'll defer to experts here as this goes beyond the edits I normally do.

(And crossing my fingers I'm not embarassing myself by overlooking something else - I promise I deleted and redownloaded, reinstalled [twice] and re-read instructions half a dozen times to try and rule that out.)

Looking at this in xEdit, I'm wondering if you have made previous edits to the Package subrecords. This is what I show in xEdit for latest USSEP (what you should see) and FacegenForKids before edit (FacegenForKids2.esp ... what you should see) and after edit (FacegenForKids.esp).

image.png