What happens with you level up and already have max skills?

JuanMaddox

Question

Hi all,

What happens when you level up and already have max skills?

I have done some searching on the internet, and some say the game still gets stuck when you level up as you cant get past the skill allocation screen, and others say this was eventually patched with the game of the year edition.

I am looking to do a perfect character, but I don't want to max skills then get stuck on a level up before I get the almost perfect perk at level 30.

Does anyone know if this has definitely been patched or is it still an issue? whilst I am here, does anyone also know if this is the same with New Vegas?

Thanks.

3 answers to this question

If you level up and already have all available perks, you can simply cancel out of the perk tree and continue playing.

I seem to recall that Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas force the player to pick some character attribute before being allowed to continue so you're basically up the creek if you've already selected all attributes. You may be able to work around this limitation using console commands to remove an attribute so you can select it again. Take this with a grain of salt since I haven't played Fallout 3 or Fallout New Vegas in at least a year so I'm going by fading memory.

Hi all,

What happens when you level up and already have max skills?

I have done some searching on the internet, and some say the game still gets stuck when you level up as you cant get past the skill allocation screen, and others say this was eventually patched with the game of the year edition.

I am looking to do a perfect character, but I don't want to max skills then get stuck on a level up before I get the almost perfect perk at level 30.

Does anyone know if this has definitely been patched or is it still an issue? whilst I am here, does anyone also know if this is the same with New Vegas?

Thanks.

my issue has been solved