Skyrim TVDT - Occlusion Culling Data

sheson

15 hours ago, DankusMemus said:

The  generation gets stuck at 91% and gives me no errors. I have checked the cell in xEdit and no mods are even changing it from basegame. It is only when I am generating for Tamriel. If I just do it for Solstheim it works perfectly. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Image of generation stuck if it helps

image.thumb.png.6641d83d40a59d14a2731f76eef99204.png

Edit: It also freezes when i try to shut it down afterwards.

Typically the problem is with cells that are not yet printed. It might have even already completed Tamriel and tried starting one of the child worlds, WindhelmWorld is next for me.

Check the load order for errors with xEdit and fix as many errors as possible, especially unresolved form id errors.

Upload a modwatch and also let me know all plugins that overwrite the Tamriel worldspace record with the form id 0000003C. Use xEdit to look that up. 

• 1 month later...

I asked on Nexus about what exactly needs to be done, and got this response:

1. Run xLodGen for landscapes only
2. Run Texgen
3. Run Dyndolod
4. Run xLodgen for occlusion only

I have no doubt that this is correct, but I need more information. Please, help?

What exactly needs to be done in SSELODGen when generating landscapes? I've only been using DynDOLOD so far, so this tool is entirely new to me. I installed it successfully and connected it to MO2, fired it up and I have several different options... Should I only select Terrain LOD?

I have donwloaded xLODGen from sheson's initial post here, I think this is the correct version. I believe xLODGen64.exe should be integrated with MO2?

And I'm using DynDOLOD downloaded from Nexus, should I have some other version?

Also, should we disable pre-generated LODs by other mods when generating our specific landscape with SSELODGen? Like, for Majestic Mountains, Terrain LOD Redone, Enhanced Landscapes and EVT, HD LODs Textures? I have all listed.

I downloaded the file SSE-Terrain-Tamriel-Extend.esm, do I need only that when generating landscape? Do I install it like a mod in MO2 or just put it manually in Data folder? I think I read somewhere that it should be removed after generating landscape. Or after generating Occlusion?

:crying: I need to have around 5 tabs open in my browser with various instructions and at least two .txt manuals so I could have a hint of what needs to be done. After reading through a lot of stuff, I'm even more confused and I'm developing a headache. I just want to have functional Skyrim landscape without holes and weird flickering, and without having to strain my poor brain that's still recovering from CVST seizure episode. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, I could probably say I'm just st00pid but my pride calls it "temporarily impaired" :pinch:

Please, I need really clear instructions.

1 hour ago, Katarsi said:

I asked on Nexus about what exactly needs to be done, and got this response:

1. Run xLodGen for landscapes only
2. Run Texgen
3. Run Dyndolod
4. Run xLodgen for occlusion only

I have no doubt that this is correct, but I need more information. Please, help?

What exactly needs to be done in SSELODGen when generating landscapes? I've only been using DynDOLOD so far, so this tool is entirely new to me. I installed it successfully and connected it to MO2, fired it up and I have several different options... Should I only select Terrain LOD?

I have donwloaded xLODGen from sheson's initial post here, I think this is the correct version. I believe xLODGen64.exe should be integrated with MO2?

And I'm using DynDOLOD downloaded from Nexus, should I have some other version?

Also, should we disable pre-generated LODs by other mods when generating our specific landscape with SSELODGen? Like, for Majestic Mountains, Terrain LOD Redone, Enhanced Landscapes and EVT, HD LODs Textures? I have all listed.

I downloaded the file SSE-Terrain-Tamriel-Extend.esm, do I need only that when generating landscape? Do I install it like a mod in MO2 or just put it manually in Data folder? I think I read somewhere that it should be removed after generating landscape. Or after generating Occlusion?

:crying: I need to have around 5 tabs open in my browser with various instructions and at least two .txt manuals so I could have a hint of what needs to be done. After reading through a lot of stuff, I'm even more confused and I'm developing a headache. I just want to have functional Skyrim landscape without holes and weird flickering, and without having to strain my poor brain that's still recovering from CVST seizure episode. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, I could probably say I'm just st00pid but my pride calls it "temporarily impaired" :pinch:

Please, I need really clear instructions.

xLODGen is a tool mode of xEdit. xLODGen terrain LOD beta is the latest version where LOD generation is tested. DynDOLOD is an advanced and easier version of xLODGen for improved tree and object LOD generation for Skyrim.

Read the xLODGen terrain LOD beta thread and the readme included in its download archive for basic instructions and information how to generate terrain LOD.

> I believe xLODGen64.exe should be integrated with MO2?

Every tool that needs to see the current load order needs to be started from MO2. Consider following a modding guide that explains basic modding principles and how MO2 works.

>And I'm using DynDOLOD downloaded from Nexus, should I have some other version?

DynDOLOD has version numbers. Use either the latest release or the latest alpha version. The primary download links here link to Nexus downloads. Since the goal seems to be generating occlusion with xLODGen nothing changes in regards to DynDOLOD

>Also, should we disable pre-generated LODs by other mods when generating our specific landscape with SSELODGen? Like, for Majestic Mountains, Terrain LOD Redone, Enhanced Landscapes and EVT, HD LODs Textures? I have all listed.

Follow the instructions. Do not invent steps that are not part of the instructions, as the instructions do not include the million things that do not need to be done. The vanilla game include pre-generated LODs. No they do not need to be removed. These tools  generate them and overwrite them when following the instructions.

>I downloaded the file SSE-Terrain-Tamriel-Extend.esm, do I need only that when generating landscape? Do I install it like a mod in MO2 or just put it manually in Data folder? I think I read somewhere that it should be removed after generating landscape. Or after generating Occlusion?

Tools do not care about mod managers, only that the plugins or assets can be read from the load order. How they get there is your decision.
From the first post of xLODGen terrain LOD beta right under the download links for the terrain plugin: "Only required to be loaded when generating terrain LOD." 

These tools and their use  require rudimentary modding knowledge. The 3 LOD types and the occlusion data require to be generated in a sequence, that is all there is to it. The basic steps are: unpack tools, install requirements as instructed, run the tools from mod manager, remove requirements as instructed, install output as a mod. Terrain LOD, TexGen, DynDOLOD, Occlusion. As explained in the first post or the DynDOLOD manual, the occlusion can also be generated into the DynDOLOD plugins, saving one step.

Follow a modding guide if you require instructions to be all in one place.

• 1 month later...

I am suddenly getting a weird error at the end of generating Occlusion. Everything was at 100%, and then I got these lines:

[01:07] [WindhelmWorld] Land height: -27000, Water height: -14000
[01:07] [WindhelmWorld] LODsettings: Level 4 to 32 stride 256 from -96,-96 to 0,0
[01:07] [WindhelmWorld] Gathering CELL records
Access violation at address 0000000001890E3A in module 'SSELODGenx64.exe'. Write of address 00000000983D406F

It keeps giving me "access violation" and it can't finish occlusion. I don't know what that means. My load order seems fine, I checked xEdit.

9 hours ago, Katarsi said:

I am suddenly getting a weird error at the end of generating Occlusion. Everything was at 100%, and then I got these lines:

[01:07] [WindhelmWorld] Land height: -27000, Water height: -14000
[01:07] [WindhelmWorld] LODsettings: Level 4 to 32 stride 256 from -96,-96 to 0,0
[01:07] [WindhelmWorld] Gathering CELL records
Access violation at address 0000000001890E3A in module 'SSELODGenx64.exe'. Write of address 00000000983D406F

It keeps giving me "access violation" and it can't finish occlusion. I don't know what that means. My load order seems fine, I checked xEdit.

Use the latest xLODGen version. Post/Upload the log and bugreport.txt if it exists.

29 minutes ago, sheson said:

Use the latest xLODGen version. Post/Upload the log and bugreport.txt if it exists.

Here's my log, uploaded as a file since it exceeds the size in pastebin:

SSELODGen_log.txt

I updated xLODGen and I'm still getting the error.

I selected Tamriel and Solstheim as worldspaces. I tried even with Tamriel only. I'm running it from MO2. I tried with Argument -o:"D:\SKYRIM SE\xLODGen\SSELODGenOutput" and without it (this argument is needed I believe for generating terrain). I selected Quality 2, Height 0, Radius 100, Mode -Flat +Border (default, basically). It always gives me the aforementioned error in the end and gets stuck.

I changed my load order only concerning lighting mods and that is why I'm running Occlusion again, because the previous one depended on the lighting mod (plugin) that I don't use anymore. xLODGen Terrain is unchanged, but I ran DynDOLOD again (because it also depended on the previous lighting mod).

Edited by Katarsi

2 hours ago, Katarsi said:

Here's my log, uploaded as a file since it exceeds the size in pastebin:

SSELODGen_log.txt

I updated xLODGen and I'm still getting the error.

I selected Tamriel and Solstheim as worldspaces. I tried even with Tamriel only. I'm running it from MO2. I tried with Argument -o:"D:\SKYRIM SE\xLODGen\SSELODGenOutput" and without it (this argument is needed I believe for generating terrain). I selected Quality 2, Height 0, Radius 100, Mode -Flat +Border (default, basically). It always gives me the aforementioned error in the end and gets stuck.

I changed my load order only concerning lighting mods and that is why I'm running Occlusion again, because the previous one depended on the lighting mod (plugin) that I don't use anymore. xLODGen Terrain is unchanged, but I ran DynDOLOD again (because it also depended on the previous lighting mod).

No bugreport.txt?

20 minutes ago, sheson said:

No bugreport.txt?

I don't have that file :/

As a temporary solution, I loaded the previous lighting plugin along with the old Occlusion.esp in xEdit and removed the dependency. As far as I can see in-game, all is well, but the original issue still remains: for some reason I can't generate Occlusion anymore.

1 minute ago, Katarsi said:

I don't have that file :/

As a temporary solution, I loaded the previous lighting plugin along with the old Occlusion.esp in xEdit and removed the dependency. As far as I can see in-game, all is well, but the original issue still remains: for some reason I can't generate Occlusion anymore.

Download this debug version, see if the log shows more or if it creates a bugreport.txt when the error happens.

9 minutes ago, sheson said:

Download this debug version, see if the log shows more or if it creates a bugreport.txt when the error happens.

No bugreport.txt was created, but instead of the "access violation" line at the end, I only got:

Range check error

Oh, and I had to rename it to my SSE exe (SSELODGenx64.exe), because yours gave me this:

https://imgur.com/yF9dVL6

11 minutes ago, Katarsi said:

No bugreport.txt was created, but instead of the "access violation" line at the end, I only got:

Range check error

Oh, and I had to rename it to my SSE exe (SSELODGenx64.exe), because yours gave me this:

https://imgur.com/yF9dVL6

Are you a 100% sure there is no bugreport.txt in any of the folders?

How do you start the tool? If it is via MO2, also set the "start in" text field to the same folder the executable is in.

xEdit/xLODGen always default to Fallout 4. As explained in the first post for xLODGen terrain LOD beta, either rename it to the desired game mode or add it as a command line argument.

Upload the log.

12 minutes ago, sheson said:

Are you a 100% sure there is no bugreport.txt in any of the folders?

How do you start the tool? If it is via MO2, also set the start in text field to the same folder the executable is in.

xEdit/xLODGen always default to Fallout 4. As explained in the first post for xLODGen terrain LOD beta, either rename it to the desired game mode or add it as a command line argument.

Upload the log.

I am 100% sure there is no bugreport.txt anywhere in xLODGen folder where all its files are (including .exe).

This is how the tool is started in MO2: https://imgur.com/7fWmR7u  Mind that it worked fine before I adjusted the start field per your instructions (it was blank), the Terrain and previous Occlusion were generated successfully. The outcome now is the same even with that field specified.

Here's the latest log: https://easyupload.io/sg6urd

Edited by Katarsi

4 minutes ago, Katarsi said:

I am 100% sure there is no bugreport.txt anywhere in xLODGen folder where all its files are (including .exe).

This is how the tool is started in MO2: https://imgur.com/7fWmR7u  Mind that it worked fine before I adjusted the start field per your instructions (it was blank), the Terrain and previous Occlusion were generated successfully. The outcome now is the same even with that field specified.

Here's the latest log: https://easyupload.io/sg6urd

Check with xEdit which plugins overwrite the 0001691D Windhelmword record and post the list. Obviously it starts with Skyrim.esm, Update.esm, Dawnguard,esm, HearthFires.esm and Dragonborn.esm

10 minutes ago, sheson said:

Check with xEdit which plugins overwrite the 0001691D Windhelmword record and post the list.

• USSEP
  • Landscape and Water Fixes
  • DynDOLOD.esm
  • Skyrim Improved Puddles
  • 3D Trees and Plants
  • JK's Skyrim
  • AI Overhaul
  • Embers XD
  • JK's Skyrim - AI Overhaul Patch
  • JK's Skyrim feat Trees in Cities
  • Mihail's House Cat
  • Forge Script Patch (generated via Apply Script)
  • DynDOLOD.esp
  • my Smashed Patch (I use it as general patch for several mods to prevent plugin clutter, it doesn't apply to the entire load order)
  • Occlusion.esp (the old one, but the error appeared even without it)

I might add that DynDOLOD.esp doesn't contain Max Height Data (which I think is weird, becaue DynDOLOD.esm does), but my Smashed Patch and old Occlusion.esp has it (it's at default value).

Edited by Katarsi