xLODGen - Terrain LOD beta 127 for FNV, FO3, FO4, FO4VR, TES5, SSE, TES5VR, ENDERAL, ENDERALSE

sheson

Hi, hope all is well,
As title specifies, having big problems generating Lods through xLodGen. Been dealing with variations of the errors listed in the title for over two days now.

Images of "Information, Please wait a moment" boxes that appeared right before LodGen fails and aborts operation.
https://imgbox.com/s1srOJim
https://imgbox.com/LqUwZCrj

Link to LodGenLog
https://paste.ee/p/tNI9W

Link to Bug Report Log
https://paste.ee/p/mw1s0

Up until recently, I did not have the "Information, please wait a moment" box pop up. But now, in the last two-three attempts I have made, that box will appear and if I don't close out xLodGen, multiple boxes appear just like the second image shows. Upon looking in task manager, it is directly tied to to the xLodGenx64 process, and all the boxes will disappear only once I end the process either through TM, or by exiting out of Mod Organizer 2 completely. Not just xLodGen64.

I will note that this "Information, please wait a moment" box only started appearing when I checked in xLodGenx64.exe's properties to run as administrator, and when I ran MO2 as administrator as well (alongside Steam). It should also be noted that my previous successful run last week, none of the programs were ran as administrator.

This most previous run, I unchecked the "Run as Administrator" box in xLodGenx64.exe's properties.

I have looked up and I understand that this may be related to my antivirus being on, but that's the thing. I turned malwarebytes off, I even used regedit and put in multiple dword (32bit) value records to completely shut down windows defender (as it turned itself back on after I turned malwarebytes off, even after manually turning it off in windows defender), and I even tried it with antivirus on/malwarebytes on and exclusions set, to no avail. I keep getting Access Violation, over and over again, and this "failure to generate Alpha Layer".

I also looked in xEdit and the I found the texture that it was referring to, and I turned off the plugin that was overwriting the default vanilla record (Prairie Grasses), and even with the plugin off on my most recent run, the same thing happens and the "Information, Please wait a moment" box appears.

I actually also managed to do a completed run today of xLodGen (with seasons), but I had to delete that and start over as I forgot to turn off all of my flat map plugins...And since my successfully run today, been having this issue over and over. I did not change anything at all between the successful run and the first failure run I had right after it, except for disabling the flat map plugins. Obviously after that first failure run (after success run), I have tried a number of different things to try and get it to work, some of which has been specified above.

Another thing I noticed in the various failures I have ran into in the last two days, is that this always happens around the 39:30+ mark. Generally right around when it hits 40 min in uptime, I will start getting these errors.

Any help/pointers in the right direction would be extremely appreciated. I must have screwed something up...

Correct me if I am wrong, I also for some reason think that this can all be bypassed by moving the location of the ini/custom ini/save path/plugin list/settings (ex. in logs stating "Using plugin list: C:\Users\crude\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition\Plugins.txt") out of onedrive, and AppData.

I have a feeling that this issue would completely disappear if I could just be taught how to safely move that all out of there so that xLodGen/TexGen/DynDOLOD never have to access those UAC protected folders. And if indeed this could be a potential solution, can someone please give me a very clear and dry answer as to how I can move all of the assets that are accessed by LodGen/TexGen/DynDOLOD out of the UAC protected folders?

Even after looking it up and scouring the internet, I am extremely confused as to how to move those paths (due to conflicting answers). Is it really as simple as copying those folders and pasting it somewhere else, and then using the various command lines to redirect xLodGen to the new location for ini/custom ini/save path/plugin list/settings? Or is that not advisable? I have seen too many conflicting things in my research.

I noticed that throughout the process of generating lods, an SSE temp folder is created in %APPDATA%\Local\Temp. How do I make it so that the temp folder is moved out of UAC? Again I feel like this all can be solved if I move all of those assets out of UAC folders.

On the other hand however, I remember reading that it is not a problem for it to be there, as xLodGen/DynDOLOD, etc. use the steam installation versions of the ini/plugins/etc. I also have confirmed that "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bethesda Softworks\Skyrim Special Edition\Installed Path" is indeed being pointed at the stock game path for my modlist as specified in the logs' Data Path.

So once more, please, any help/direction on this matter would be greatly appreciated. I would just really love to play Skyrim..

If you would like, I have a few logs I have saved from earlier failures that I can also send over as well if things need further clarification.

Thank you so much for your time, and for a really cool suite of software that makes Skyrim a lot easier on the eyes.

The title for reference was something along the lines of "xLodGenx64 v4.1.5.0 - Access Violation, Cannot Generate Alpha Layer, "Information, Please Wait A Moment" - Images and Logs Attached".

My post was moved here, and I cannot edit my original post.

Thank you.

Edited by heyyepineedhelpplease
Typos

58 minutes ago, heyyepineedhelpplease said:

Hi, hope all is well,
As title specifies, having big problems generating Lods through xLodGen. Been dealing with variations of the errors listed in the title for over two days now.

Images of "Information, Please wait a moment" boxes that appeared right before LodGen fails and aborts operation.
https://imgbox.com/s1srOJim
https://imgbox.com/LqUwZCrj

Link to LodGenLog
https://paste.ee/p/tNI9W

Link to Bug Report Log
https://paste.ee/p/mw1s0

Up until recently, I did not have the "Information, please wait a moment" box pop up. But now, in the last two-three attempts I have made, that box will appear and if I don't close out xLodGen, multiple boxes appear just like the second image shows. Upon looking in task manager, it is directly tied to to the xLodGenx64 process, and all the boxes will disappear only once I end the process either through TM, or by exiting out of Mod Organizer 2 completely. Not just xLodGen64.

I will note that this "Information, please wait a moment" box only started appearing when I checked in xLodGenx64.exe's properties to run as administrator, and when I ran MO2 as administrator as well (alongside Steam). It should also be noted that my previous successful run last week, none of the programs were ran as administrator.

This most previous run, I unchecked the "Run as Administrator" box in xLodGenx64.exe's properties.

I have looked up and I understand that this may be related to my antivirus being on, but that's the thing. I turned malwarebytes off, I even used regedit and put in multiple dword (32bit) value records to completely shut down windows defender (as it turned itself back on after I turned malwarebytes off, even after manually turning it off in windows defender), and I even tried it with antivirus on/malwarebytes on and exclusions set, to no avail. I keep getting Access Violation, over and over again, and this "failure to generate Alpha Layer".

I also looked in xEdit and the I found the texture that it was referring to, and I turned off the plugin that was overwriting the default vanilla record (Prairie Grasses), and even with the plugin off on my most recent run, the same thing happens and the "Information, Please wait a moment" box appears.

I actually also managed to do a completed run today of xLodGen (with seasons), but I had to delete that and start over as I forgot to turn off all of my flat map plugins...And since my successfully run today, been having this issue over and over. I did not change anything at all between the successful run and the first failure run I had right after it, except for disabling the flat map plugins. Obviously after that first failure run (after success run), I have tried a number of different things to try and get it to work, some of which has been specified above.

Another thing I noticed in the various failures I have ran into in the last two days, is that this always happens around the 39:30+ mark. Generally right around when it hits 40 min in uptime, I will start getting these errors.

Any help/pointers in the right direction would be extremely appreciated. I must have screwed something up...

Correct me if I am wrong, I also for some reason think that this can all be bypassed by moving the location of the ini/custom ini/save path/plugin list/settings (ex. in logs stating "Using plugin list: C:\Users\crude\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition\Plugins.txt") out of onedrive, and AppData.

I have a feeling that this issue would completely disappear if I could just be taught how to safely move that all out of there so that xLodGen/TexGen/DynDOLOD never have to access those UAC protected folders. And if indeed this could be a potential solution, can someone please give me a very clear and dry answer as to how I can move all of the assets that are accessed by LodGen/TexGen/DynDOLOD out of the UAC protected folders?

Even after looking it up and scouring the internet, I am extremely confused as to how to move those paths (due to conflicting answers). Is it really as simple as copying those folders and pasting it somewhere else, and then using the various command lines to redirect xLodGen to the new location for ini/custom ini/save path/plugin list/settings? Or is that not advisable? I have seen too many conflicting things in my research.

I noticed that throughout the process of generating lods, an SSE temp folder is created in %APPDATA%\Local\Temp. How do I make it so that the temp folder is moved out of UAC? Again I feel like this all can be solved if I move all of those assets out of UAC folders.

On the other hand however, I remember reading that it is not a problem for it to be there, as xLodGen/DynDOLOD, etc. use the steam installation versions of the ini/plugins/etc. I also have confirmed that "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bethesda Softworks\Skyrim Special Edition\Installed Path" is indeed being pointed at the stock game path for my modlist as specified in the logs' Data Path.

So once more, please, any help/direction on this matter would be greatly appreciated. I would just really love to play Skyrim..

If you would like, I have a few logs I have saved from earlier failures that I can also send over as well if things need further clarification.

Thank you so much for your time, and for a really cool suite of software that makes Skyrim a lot easier on the eyes.

The title for reference was something along the lines of "xLodGenx64 v4.1.5.0 - Access Violation, Cannot Generate Alpha Layer, "Information, Please Wait A Moment" - Images and Logs Attached".

My post was moved here, and I cannot edit my original post.

Thank you.

The please wait message appears when bugreport.txt is written to. You can just let it sit until its all done, which can take a while if there were many threads running at the time.

Use the latest xLODGen beta from the first post instead of whatever older version you are using. Install into a new and empty folder. Upload new bugreport.txt and SSELODGen_log.txt if there is still an error.

There should be no need to run anything as admin in a proper setup outside of special Windows folders.
It would be best to ensure there is no OneDrive for any related folders.

If there are no obvious errors reported by xEdit for a plugin/record, there should be no need to edit or remove anything.

Tools using the standard temp folder as defined by the OS should not be a problem. See https://tes5edit.github.io/docs/2-overview.html#CommandLineSwitches for the -t command line argument.

Make sure the system, CPU, memory etc. is stable, cooling, settings in BIOS etc.

18 minutes ago, sheson said:

The please wait message appears when bugreport.txt is written to. You can just let it sit until its all done, which can take a while if there were many threads running at the time.

Use the latest xLODGen beta from first post instead of whatever older version you are using. Install into a new and empty folder. Upload new bugreport.txt and SSELODGen_log.txt if there is still an error.

There should be no need to run anything as admin in a proper setup outside of special Windows folders.
It would be best to ensure there is no OneDrive for any related folders.

If there are no obvious errors reported by xEdit for a plugin/record, there should be no need to edit or remove anything.

Tools using the standard temp folder as defined by the OS should not be a problem. See https://tes5edit.github.io/docs/2-overview.html#CommandLineSwitches for the -t command line argument.

Make sure the system, CPU, memory etc. is stable, cooling, settings in BIOS etc.

Hello!

I see, that makes sense concerning the please wait message, and it is good to know that there is no need to run anything as an admin. I thought I may have messed something up since it appeared for the first time for me after I changed the properties of the LodGen executable.

As for these paths;
"Using ini: C:\Users\crude\OneDrive\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\Skyrim.ini
Using custom ini: C:\Users\crude\OneDrive\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\SkyrimCustom.ini
Using save path: C:\Users\crude\OneDrive\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\__MO_Saves\"
(as specified in the standard LodGen Log),

I can just copy over the those folders out of OneDrive into a non UAC directory, and then use the relevant command lines to redirect them?

And the rest of the paths should not matter if they are in UAC or not?

So far temps/stability seems to be good, but will of course keep an eye on it all, best as I can.

I unfortunately will not be able to test further on this matter till tomorrow (Sunday), it is 2:34 AM (Saturday morning) as I am typing this out and I will be out of town today.

I did just re-install LodGenX from the very first post as specified, into a new folder, and so I will try that out as soon as I am able, and report back if further issues arise (hopefully not!).

Thank you again for your time, and for the link!

Edited by heyyepineedhelpplease
Typos, further response.

1 hour ago, heyyepineedhelpplease said:

Hello!

I see, that makes sense concerning the please wait message, and it is good to know that there is no need to run anything as an admin. I thought I may have messed something up since it appeared for the first time for me after I changed the properties of the LodGen executable.

As for these paths;
"Using ini: C:\Users\crude\OneDrive\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\Skyrim.ini
Using custom ini: C:\Users\crude\OneDrive\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\SkyrimCustom.ini
Using save path: C:\Users\crude\OneDrive\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\__MO_Saves\"
(as specified in the standard LodGen Log),

I can just copy over the those folders out of OneDrive into a non UAC directory, and then use the relevant command lines to redirect them?

And the rest of the paths should not matter if they are in UAC or not?

So far temps/stability seems to be good, but will of course keep an eye on it all, best as I can.

I unfortunately will not be able to test further on this matter till tomorrow (Sunday), it is 2:34 AM (Saturday morning) as I am typing this out and I will be out of town today.

I did just re-install LodGenX from the very first post as specified, into a new folder, and so I will try that out as soon as I am able, and report back if further issues arise (hopefully not!).

Thank you again for your time, and for the link!

I can not give any tips regarding OneDrive as I do not use it and do not have it installed.

xLODGen is able to read the INIs fine per the log. Special Windows folders, UAC, OneDrive, AntiVir etc. can be often a problem when writing files (sometimes when reading). However, there are no other obvious file access errors reported, so that all seems to work atm.

Hello, I have two problems generating the terrain lod for Skyrim SE.

First, xLodGen reports that almost any texture is being loaded due to timeout. This is an example, that happens with nearly all terrain textures, although not in all the worlds.

[32:26] <Warning: Cache timeout loading texture Textures\Landscape\FallForestDirt01_N.dds>
[32:26] <Warning: Error loading texture Textures\Landscape\FallForestDirt01_N.dds>

Second, it's taking long time to generate the lod (more than 6h, it usually takes 1,5h). When trying to abort the operation, the "please wait" windows starts over and over again and it does not finish.

I'm using version 127, 4.1.5.0 x64 version, through MO2. Previous generated files were deleted.

Settings:

LOD4, Quality 0 Max Vertices 32767, Optimize unseen off, protect borders on, Diffuse and Normal 1024, Format BC7 Quick, Bake normal-maps marked, Brightness and Contrast 0, Gamma 1.00. No mipmap marked, no hide quads marked, no raise steepness marked.

For LOD8, LOD16 and LOD32 I have the same settings: Quality 10 Max Vertices 32767, Optimize unseen 550, Diffuse and Normal 512, Format BC7 Quick, Bake normal-maps marked, Brightness and Contrast 0, Gamma 1.00. No mipmap marked, no hide quads marked, no raise steepness marked.

Here are my logs: https://ufile.io/f/h5yb9, SSELODGen_log, LODGen_log and bugreport.

However, texgen and dyndolod generate without problems and no large times.