xLODGen - Terrain LOD beta 111 for FNV, FO3, FO4, FO4VR, TES5, SSE, TES5VR, ENDERAL, ENDERALSE

sheson

6 hours ago, sheson said:

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm really sorry if this isn't the right spot for this question but I haven't been able to find any information on the fnv nexus and I'm stumped on what the issue could be.

For some reason, xLODGen for FNV only partially generates LOD files up until a certain point, then a window pops up with the message "wait a moment", and the operation aborts. The log simply states "operation aborted", and it only seems to happen when generating diffuse/normals for wastelandnv (c:\fnvlodgenoutput\textures\landscape\lod\wastelandnv\normals\wastelandnv followed by various xy co-ordinates, seems to be different ones each time). I'm using MO2, the arguments path is set correctly to -o:"C:\FNVLODGenOutput" and the files appear in the folder. I disabled all mods except for lod generation ones. I also tried running xlodgen outside of MO2, but the error still occured. The only warning I was able to find were related to the game's ESM files: Warning: File contains duplicated top level group: GRUP Top "CHAL" / GRUP Top "WRLD" and so on. Both DeadMoney.esm and HonestHearts.esm have duplicated top level group errors, but the rest of the esm files do not.

I haven't had any problems generating LOD before, so I'm unsure why it suddenly stopped working for me. I do have the ultimate edition ESM fixes, but I've tried generating lod with the original ESMs and the fixed ESMs and the error still occurs. I also tried disabling everything except the esms in MO2, but that work either. Running FNVLODGen (no xlodgen for fnv) works fine, so I think its the terrain LOD that's the problem. If anyone could possibly point me in the right direction for what might be causing this, I'd really appreciate it.

5 hours ago, allgutsnoglory said:

Hi, I'm really sorry if this isn't the right spot for this question but I haven't been able to find any information on the fnv nexus and I'm stumped on what the issue could be.

For some reason, xLODGen for FNV only partially generates LOD files up until a certain point, then a window pops up with the message "wait a moment", and the operation aborts. The log simply states "operation aborted", and it only seems to happen when generating diffuse/normals for wastelandnv (c:\fnvlodgenoutput\textures\landscape\lod\wastelandnv\normals\wastelandnv followed by various xy co-ordinates, seems to be different ones each time). I'm using MO2, the arguments path is set correctly to -o:"C:\FNVLODGenOutput" and the files appear in the folder. I disabled all mods except for lod generation ones. I also tried running xlodgen outside of MO2, but the error still occured. The only warning I was able to find were related to the game's ESM files: Warning: File contains duplicated top level group: GRUP Top "CHAL" / GRUP Top "WRLD" and so on. Both DeadMoney.esm and HonestHearts.esm have duplicated top level group errors, but the rest of the esm files do not.

I haven't had any problems generating LOD before, so I'm unsure why it suddenly stopped working for me. I do have the ultimate edition ESM fixes, but I've tried generating lod with the original ESMs and the fixed ESMs and the error still occurs. I also tried disabling everything except the esms in MO2, but that work either. Running FNVLODGen (no xlodgen for fnv) works fine, so I think its the terrain LOD that's the problem. If anyone could possibly point me in the right direction for what might be causing this, I'd really appreciate it.

Upload the FNVLODGen_log.txt and bugreport.txt

I've asked for help twice on Nexus and got no responses for the issue I am having. No matter what I do, I cannot generate terrain LOD for New Vegas. I constantly get an error message that looks like this:
theunfixableerror.png

The full message says that the file that xLODGen failed to write was already in use by another program, except that there is no other program running except for xLODGen and MO2.
The end result of this error ranges from the extreme:
[Screen-Shot11.png

To the annoying:
Fallout-New-Vegas-1-15-2024-4-01-09-PM.p

I've used just about every guide I've found for xLODGen, from Step Fallout: New Vegas to Viva New Vegas. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game on different hard drives, done the same for my mods, added xLODGen as an exception to my antivirus, disabled and reenabled my antivirus, ran everything as administrator and normally, disabled every mod except for the LOD ones, and it's all still the exact same result. I've looked everywhere online and in these forums and I cannot find anyone talking about this error. Without fail, I get "Terrain LOD meshes generation error: LODGen process error, exit code 0000025D". I end up with either everything being brown like in the first image or random textures cutting through things like in the second image. These errors only show up when I try to generate Terrain LOD. Object LOD is fine. It carries over into every world space too, vanilla and modded. I have no idea what I'm missing. Please any help I could get on this would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by TripleJWDog
Formatting and Information

16 hours ago, TripleJWDog said:

I've asked for help twice on Nexus and got no responses for the issue I am having. No matter what I do, I cannot generate terrain LOD for New Vegas. I constantly get an error message that looks like this:
theunfixableerror.png

The full message says that the file that xLODGen failed to write was already in use by another program, except that there is no other program running except for xLODGen and MO2.
The end result of this error ranges from the extreme:
[Screen-Shot11.png

To the annoying:
Fallout-New-Vegas-1-15-2024-4-01-09-PM.p

I've used just about every guide I've found for xLODGen, from Step Fallout: New Vegas to Viva New Vegas. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game on different hard drives, done the same for my mods, added xLODGen as an exception to my antivirus, disabled and reenabled my antivirus, ran everything as administrator and normally, disabled every mod except for the LOD ones, and it's all still the exact same result. I've looked everywhere online and in these forums and I cannot find anyone talking about this error. Without fail, I get "Terrain LOD meshes generation error: LODGen process error, exit code 0000025D". I end up with either everything being brown like in the first image or random textures cutting through things like in the second image. These errors only show up when I try to generate Terrain LOD. Object LOD is fine. It carries over into every world space too, vanilla and modded. I have no idea what I'm missing. Please any help I could get on this would be greatly appreciated.

Moved to the xLODGen thread.

Do  post screenshots of text, post the entire FNVLODGen_log.txt instead.

The screenshot shows that the tools is unable to write/acess files. Make sure that the OS or antivir is not blocking access and that enough space is left on the drive.
if another program prevents file access, a reboot might clear that up. Otherwise close the other process or terminate it via task manager.

The tool uses the OSD to write files. The OS prevent the writing of files. The tool can really do nothing about that.

32 minutes ago, sheson said:

Moved to the xLODGen thread.

Do  post screenshots of text, post the entire FNVLODGen_log.txt instead.

The screenshot shows that the tools is unable to write/acess files. Make sure that the OS or antivir is not blocking access and that enough space is left on the drive.
if another program prevents file access, a reboot might clear that up. Otherwise close the other process or terminate it via task manager.

The tool uses the OSD to write files. The OS prevent the writing of files. The tool can really do nothing about that.

I'm so sorry. I totally forgot to upload the log. This is my most recent: https://ufile.io/3csy1qm0
At this point, I think it might be my OS that is the problem. I've got the latest version of Windows 10. I've added xLODGen as an exception to windows defender and I don't have any other antivirus.

29 minutes ago, TripleJWDog said:

I'm so sorry. I totally forgot to upload the log. This is my most recent: https://ufile.io/3csy1qm0
At this point, I think it might be my OS that is the problem. I've got the latest version of Windows 10. I've added xLODGen as an exception to windows defender and I don't have any other antivirus.

This might be something with LODGen.exe
Please upload F:\xLODGen\Edit Scripts\LODGen_Terrain_WastelandNV.bin and F:\xLODGen\Edit Scripts\LODGen_Terrain_WastelandNV.txt

43 minutes ago, sheson said:

Replace LODGenx64.exe in the Edits Scripts folder with this version and try again.

If there is still is an error, upload the new FNVLODGen_log.txt

I'm sorry, what version? I think you forgot to link it.