xLODGen - Terrain LOD beta 110 for FNV, FO3, FO4, FO4VR, TES5, SSE, TES5VR, ENDERAL, ENDERALSE

sheson

Start with holding CTRL+SHIFT+ALT, that will reset all settings.

ah thank you :) I'm trying to find the right settings to not mess up my world map, well actually only the water is weird. I tried lod32 with optimise unseen to 500 but im still not satisfied :p Also i struggle to find a good setting for the snow, i would have liked if i could increase the brightness only for the snow without it affect the others terrain lods :p

Edited by YomNexus

ah thank you :) I'm trying to find the right settings to not mess up my world map, well actually only the water is weird. I tried lod32 with optimise unseen to 500 but im still not satisfied :p Also i struggle to find a good setting for the snow, i would have liked if i could increase the brightness only for the snow without it affect the others terrain lods :p

There is not that many snow textures in textures\landscape\*.dds, maybe brighten them directly just for LOD generation. Then afterwards put the originals back.

However, you will have a tough time making the terrain LOD textures colors match the fully loaded terrain as long as the "improved" show shader of Skyrim Special Edition is enabled. There will always be a weather or lighting condition were they do not match at all, though maybe not as bad as the vanilla LOD if you are lucky/patient.

Edited by sheson

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Sheson, I was just wondering if it was possible to run DynDOLOD on FNV, specifically TTW? If so, are there any guides you can point me to? Thank you in advance if any help given.

No, that is not possible.

That was fast, OK thanks. Forgive me if this has been asked or if it is displayed, but is it normal that I have to resize my texture packs down to 1024x to run the LODGen? If I resize them to 2048x the log shows 80% of the textures fail. I've tried the x64 version to no avail. I don't have any 4096 textures whatsoever just 2048 in my game.

Edited by war1ox

That was fast, OK thanks. Forgive me if this has been asked or if it is displayed, but is it normal that I have to resize my texture packs down to 1024x to run the LODGen? If I resize them to 2048x the log shows 80% of the textures fail. I've tried the x64 version to no avail. I don't have any 4096 textures whatsoever just 2048 in my game.

There should be no reason or requirement to do anything to the source textures in order for xLODGen to use them.

Edited by sheson

When scrolling the worldmap, sometimes the water disappears briefly but completely. What could cause this?

This is the support thread for xLODGen. Unrelated random questions without any information are typically ignored, because people do not have crystal balls.

This is the support thread for xLODGen. Unrelated random questions without any information are typically ignored, because people do not have crystal balls.

Well this issue appears only after generate my terrain lods thats why i ask. If you need specific informations tell me what exactly and i'll give you :p

I'm on skyrim se, i'm using these settings :

1554304237-10694-1539640473-237517321.pn

I have RW2 (water mod) installed maybe there are lods includes which could interfere ?

Edited by YomNexus

Well this issue appears only after generate my terrain lods thats why i ask. If you need specific informations tell me what exactly and i'll give you :p

I'm on skyrim se, i'm using these settings :

1554304237-10694-1539640473-237517321.pn

I have RW2 (water mod) installed maybe there are lods includes which could interfere ?

Skyrim Special Edition?

See if removing the LOD 32 meshes meshes\terrain\tamriel\tamriel.32.*.*.btr changes anything - it should fall back to the vanilla meshes, unless you have another mod.

Assuming you haven't changed which LOD level is used for the map via the INI setting

Could be resource related. 

Edited by sheson

Skyrim Special Edition?

See if removing the LOD 32 meshes meshes\terrain\tamriel\tamriel.32.*.*.btr changes anything - it should fall back to the vanilla meshes, unless you have another mod.

Assuming you haven't changed which LOD level is used for the map via the INI setting

Could be resource related.

That solved the problem apparently, thank you!

There should be no reason or requirement to do anything to the source textures in order for xLODGen to use them.

OK I re-verified I was using x64 and I wasn't, switching solved the problem now I can use more memory. Thank you for the work you do too.

Edited by war1ox