xLODGen - Terrain LOD beta 110 for FNV, FO3, FO4, FO4VR, TES5, SSE, TES5VR, ENDERAL, ENDERALSE

sheson

12 minutes ago, DKomar said:

That's odd. Well I ran it again to give you new logs, but it only generated a bug report. 

bugreport.txt 42.72 kB · 0 downloads

The xLODGen_log is saved when the program is closed. Only click X top right once.

Always set a dedicated output path with the -o command line. Do not generated into game or mod manager folders.

Disable mipmap generation for terrain normal maps. The game only uses mipmaps of LOD Level 4 diffuse textures. All other mipmap generation can be disabled.

14 minutes ago, sheson said:

The xLODGen_log is saved when the program is closed. Only click X top right once.

Always set a dedicated output path with the -o command line. Do not generated into game or mod manager folders.

Disable mipmap generation for terrain normal maps. The game only uses mipmaps of LOD Level 4 diffuse textures. All other mipmap generation can be disabled.

Well after making a dedicated output path, at least it doesn't crash and just says "Operation Aborted". I'm able to get a log now though.

As for the settings, I've just been following the 2.2.0 version of the SE Step guide, but I did as you said now.

bugreport.txt SSELODGen_log.txt

20 minutes ago, DKomar said:

Well after making a dedicated output path, at least it doesn't crash and just says "Operation Aborted". I'm able to get a log now though.

As for the settings, I've just been following the 2.2.0 version of the SE Step guide, but I did as you said now.

bugreport.txt 135.97 kB · 1 download SSELODGen_log.txt 1.02 MB · 1 download

Is the CPU overclocked or are you using custom memory timing settings?

Upload Edit Scripts\LODGen_Terrain_Tamriel.bin to help troubleshoot the index out of range error of the meshes generation.

In regards to the texture generation, disable mipmap generation for terrain normal maps. The game only uses mipmaps of LOD Level 4 diffuse textures. All other mipmap generation can be disabled.

• +1 1

28 minutes ago, sheson said:

Is the CPU overclocked or are you using custom memory timing settings?

Upload Edit Scripts\LODGen_Terrain_Tamriel.bin to help troubleshoot the index out of range error of the meshes generation.

In regards to the texture generation, disable mipmap generation for terrain normal maps. The game only uses mipmaps of LOD Level 4 diffuse textures. All other mipmap generation can be disabled.

You are exactly right.

Turns out that there was some "Game Boost" setting inside my bios that was enabled for whatever reason. I turned it off and LOD Generation was completed on the first try.

Thank you for helping me out, I wouldn't have thought of this otherwise.

• 2 weeks later...

So as the title says I've got ugly black spots, dots, some weird quads around in several places around skyrim and even solthsteim. I dont know what to do and what's wrong with it.

Mod list is pretty small: seasonal landscapes, seasonal landscapes unfrozen and seasons of skyrim skse with it's dependencies. And thats all, nothing else were used during xLODGen generation. 

Can't upload image, here's the link for discord image: 20230225225753_1.jpg?width=1039&height=5

For settings I take optimal settings from this post 

Edited by Shakal

5 hours ago, Shakal said:

So as the title says I've got ugly black spots, dots, some weird quads around in several places around skyrim and even solthsteim. I dont know what to do and what's wrong with it.

Mod list is pretty small: seasonal landscapes, seasonal landscapes unfrozen and seasons of skyrim skse with it's dependencies. And thats all, nothing else were used during xLODGen generation. 

Can't upload image, here's the link for discord image: 20230225225753_1.jpg?width=1039&height=5

For settings I take optimal settings from this post 

ok, after little investigation with my friend we're find out this (image from discord) image.png

This is normal map from the problem chunk and I have questions XD. My gpu is dying or something? 

21 minutes ago, Shakal said:

ok, after little investigation with my friend we're find out this (image from discord) image.png

This is normal map from the problem chunk and I have questions XD. My gpu is dying or something? 

No log was provided, so assuming xLODGen was setup as explained in the first post and there were no errors.

If it goes away when unchecking Bake normal maps, then it is because of bad full landscape normal map textures, like the *_n.dds is not actually a normal map.
If it still happens with Bake normal maps unchecked it happens because of bad normal vector data on the LAND record.

Next troubleshooting step depends on which it is.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

No log was provided, so assuming xLODGen was setup as explained in the first post and there were no errors.

If it goes away when unchecking Bake normal maps, then it is because of bad full landscape normal map textures, like the *_n.dds is not actually a normal map.
If it still happens with Bake normal maps unchecked it happens because of bad normal vector data on the LAND record.

image.thumb.png.c14c62d2bb29854f608a34af9280df1b.pngimage.thumb.png.2a77162531587299ecf46b4edb1b6f26.png

My friend told me to write you: 

"The same landscape texture has issues in one zone but not in another zone. This is not full _n.dds issue, otherwise the correlation would be full with much more issued zones."

1 hour ago, Shakal said:

image.thumb.png.c14c62d2bb29854f608a34af9280df1b.pngimage.thumb.png.2a77162531587299ecf46b4edb1b6f26.png

My friend told me to write you: 

"The same landscape texture has issues in one zone but not in another zone. This is not full _n.dds issue, otherwise the correlation would be full with much more issued zones."

A reply should include the log and the information / image of a terrain LOD normal texture generated without Bake normal map option checked so the next troubleshooting step can be determined.

Me again. I noticed some pretty substantial flickering around the volcanic pond edges, as shown in here. Maybe this could happen around other water edges as well, but I didn't check. It's most definitely terrain lod related and has nothing to do with large references. I used 0 quality for all lod levels when running xLODGen. Optimize Unseen setting for LOD4/8/16/32 is Off(Protect Border)/On/On/550, as per the general recommendation. Also probably unrelated but I left the Max Vertices setting unchanged at 32767, but the logs are saying Max Vertices is at 30767. Is it supposed to be like this?

18 minutes ago, heheloveer said:

Me again. I noticed some pretty substantial flickering around the volcanic pond edges, as shown in here. Maybe this could happen around other water edges as well, but I didn't check. It's most definitely terrain lod related and has nothing to do with large references. I used 0 quality for all lod levels when running xLODGen. Optimize Unseen setting for LOD4/8/16/32 is Off(Protect Border)/On/On/550, as per the general recommendation. Also probably unrelated but I left the Max Vertices setting unchanged at 32767, but the logs are saying Max Vertices is at 30767. Is it supposed to be like this?

Experiment with increasing the distance between water planes and terrain vertices via the optimize unseen drop down for that LOD level in order to counter z-fighting caused by floating point precision.

Since skirts are enabled by default, 2000 vertices are reserved for them.

2 hours ago, RainingTacco said:

Vanilla setup, ran xlodgen to test, why resulting LOD32 .dds textures have tiling problem? For example if you compare the result to Quality World Map mod .dds files, you can clearly see there's no tiling. How to resolve this issue?

You are asking us to compare terrain LOD textures you generated with terrain LOD textures from a mod without providing any of the textures or links and without any information or a log.