xLODGen - Terrain LOD beta 110 for FNV, FO3, FO4, FO4VR, TES5, SSE, TES5VR, ENDERAL, ENDERALSE

sheson

1 hour ago, Broz95 said:

Sorry im kinda new to the step mod website its confusing to navigate. I did all the above I'm just confused on why it keeps closing and what information do you need?

SSELODGen_log.txt 1.77 MB · 0 downloads

The log file you uploaded stops right with Background Loader: finished. Which probably means it is from a session where you started xLODGen, its options window showed and then you closed it without generating anything. If xLODGen is forcefully terminated, then it can not append its latest session to the log file.

What game version?
What mod manager and version?
Command line parameters?
What LOD generation settings?
When in the process is it being terminated?

Read and answer the suggestions I already wrote:

Set a dedicated output folder that is outside game and mod manager folders. Did doing so not change anything?
Check the Windows Event log. What did you find?
Have you tried disabling antivir or adding exceptions?
Do you use / have you updated MO2 to the latest version?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I've been trying to run SSE LODGen for a couple of days now, and I still can't generate lod 8 textures in any world. Please see log and bugreport attached below.

Things I've tried but haven't worked:

- A new modding instance

- Reworking mod loading order

- Reinstalling MO2

- Downgrading to SE

- Closing all other windows in case it was a RAM issue

- Trying vanilla with only Seasons of Skyrim and its requirements + a new save

- Launching MO2 as administrator

- Temporarily disabling antivirus

- Cleaning plugins that contain worldspace edits with xEdit

- Checking installation requirements for xLOD

The system generates meshes and textures from other lod perfectly. It's specifically this one that fails, and the reference sometimes changes. I saw this bug has been reported here a while ago, but I get this error with the latest alpha version of xLOD. 

Thank you for the help, and let me know if anything else is needed.

SSELODGen_log.txt bugreport.txt

1 hour ago, milliedarc said:

Hi, I've been trying to run SSE LODGen for a couple of days now, and I still can't generate lod 8 textures in any world. Please see log and bugreport attached below.

Things I've tried but haven't worked:

- A new modding instance

- Reworking mod loading order

- Reinstalling MO2

- Downgrading to SE

- Closing all other windows in case it was a RAM issue

- Trying vanilla with only Seasons of Skyrim and its requirements + a new save

- Launching MO2 as administrator

- Temporarily disabling antivirus

- Cleaning plugins that contain worldspace edits with xEdit

- Checking installation requirements for xLOD

The system generates meshes and textures from other lod perfectly. It's specifically this one that fails, and the reference sometimes changes. I saw this bug has been reported here a while ago, but I get this error with the latest alpha version of xLOD. 

Thank you for the help, and let me know if anything else is needed.

SSELODGen_log.txt 1.14 MB · 0 downloads bugreport.txt 65.82 kB · 0 downloads

Do not install the game into special Windows folders like Program Files x86 to avoid access problem with UAC, antivir etc. About every decent modding guide from the paste decade should have instructions how to do/change that.

Always set a dedicated output folder with the -o command line as explained on the first post and the Terrain-LOD-Readme.txt included in the download archive. Do not generate into game/mod manager folders.

Read the Terrain-LOD-Readme.txt included in the download archive, which explains:
If terrain LOD textures already exist in the output folder, their generation will be skipped. This can be used to continue generating terrain LOD textures for large worldspaces in case there was a problem like not enough space left on a drive. Simply restart with the same options. Otherwise move or selectively delete old terrain LOD textures before generating new ones.
Take note of the skipping messages. If the diffuse or normal texture for a higher LOD level already exists, then all lower LOD levels that are covered by the higher LOD level are skipped as well. So in order to re-generate a LOD level 4 texture, it is not enough to just delete the LOD level 4 files for the diffuse and normal texture, the higher LOD level diffuse and normal textures files need to be deleted as well.

[00:07] <Notice: Skipping chunk 8 [-64,-64] because file already exists: c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\skyrim special edition\data\textures\terrain\tamriel\tamriel.8.-64.-64.dds>
[00:07] <Notice: Skipping chunk 8 [-56,-64] because file already exists: c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\skyrim special edition\data\textures\terrain\tamriel\tamriel.8.-56.-64.dds>

You should be error checking and cleaning all plugins regardless of what it contains.

A memory address is not the same as a form ID. Bugs that have been fixed 3 years ago already are irrelevant.

If there are still access violations after addressing the things  above , post new log and bugreport.txt (delete the old ones first).

Thanks for the detailed information. I did as you suggested, moved the Skyrim folder into a D: drive through Steam. I moved MO2 into the new drive as well, and added the output commands.

I do still get the error, though (hence the aborted operation). And every time I get it, the message shown in the screenshot attached appears. 

246804127_Screenshot2022-08-08170052.thumb.png.78425e601582224398139458d00222b9.pngSSELODGen_log.txtbugreport.txt

Thanks again.

Edited by milliedarc
forgot a step

2 hours ago, milliedarc said:

Thanks for the detailed information. I did as you suggested, moved the Skyrim folder into a D: drive through Steam. I moved MO2 into the new drive as well, and added the output commands.

I do still get the error, though (hence the aborted operation). And every time I get it, the message shown in the screenshot attached appears. 

246804127_Screenshot2022-08-08170052.thumb.png.78425e601582224398139458d00222b9.png SSELODGen_log.txt 2.29 MB · 0 downloads bugreport.txt 58.54 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks again.

You need put double quotes around paths that contain spaces, otherwise only up to the first space will be recognized.
-o:"D:\Modding\Modding Tools\xLODGen\xLODGen_Output"

The wait message is from the bugreport.txt creation.

Download this test version of xLODGenx64.exe and test if there is anything different
Delete old log and bugreport.txt first. Upload the new ones if problem persists.

Make sure there are no unresolved errors in any plugin in the load order.

Thanks! So I tried with the new version, and I got a new message. Apparently it's trying to read cache in the AppData folder? What's strange is I ran my PC through CC Cleaner to make sure to remove all cache, but it keeps generating new cache in that folder.

It doesn't let me upload the log because it's heavier than 3MB.

bugreport.txt

Edited by milliedarc
Couldn't upload log

42 minutes ago, milliedarc said:

Thanks! So I tried with the new version, and I got a new message. Apparently it's trying to read cache in the AppData folder? What's strange is I ran my PC through CC Cleaner to make sure to remove all cache, but it keeps generating new cache in that folder.

It doesn't let me upload the log because it's heavier than 3MB.

bugreport.txt 41.64 kB · 0 downloads

Zip and upload to a file service like https://ufile.io/ as explained in my signature.

"The system cannot find the file specified" could be caused by OS, antivr blocking access, though without the logfile it is hard to tell what file is not found etc.

34 minutes ago, milliedarc said:

It seems it can not find D:\Modding Tools\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe

Make sure to replace the xLODGenx64.exe in the existing installation you already had in C:\Modding\Modding Tools\xLODGen\ with the test version and keep everything else.

36 minutes ago, milliedarc said:

It's working now! Thank you so much! Should I switch back to the other .exe or should I stay with this one?

I suggest to keep the test version as it seems it fixed the problem. It will be released as a new version.

Hello. English is not my language, so if something is not clear, I'm sorry.

Can you please tell me how to generate LODs so that they do not affect the map? I want to use the paper version. Or is it enough for me to overwrite the files that LodGen will make? How right?

50 minutes ago, MarkKaluger said:

Hello. English is not my language, so if something is not clear, I'm sorry.

Can you please tell me how to generate LODs so that they do not affect the map? I want to use the paper version. Or is it enough for me to overwrite the files that LodGen will make? How right?

See https://dyndolod.info/Mods/Maps-And-Map-Mods, which should cover every possible scenario.

37 minutes ago, sheson said:

That is, I need to first launch LodGen, and then install the mod on the map so that it overwrites with its own files? Because the first time I ran LodGen with the mod enabled and it happened to overwrite the mod files (I didn't know to change the extraction path)

I don’t know English and I use Google translator, any instructions are very complicated with it) And our Russian speakers don’t want to translate.

44 minutes ago, MarkKaluger said:

That is, I need to first launch LodGen, and then install the mod on the map so that it overwrites with its own files? Because the first time I ran LodGen with the mod enabled and it happened to overwrite the mod files (I didn't know to change the extraction path)

I don’t know English and I use Google translator, any instructions are very complicated with it) And our Russian speakers don’t want to translate.

Always set dedicated output path with the -o command line argument as explained in the first post and/or Terrain-LOD-Readme.txt included in the download archive.

Then install output as any other with the mod manager. Reinstall the map mod if necessary and sort it to load after the xLODGen output, as explained in https://dyndolod.info/Mods/Maps-And-Map-Mods

If you use a modern map mod that uses object LOD 32, then there shouldn't be any conflicts.