Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

I am confused now.

Doing the Lexy's LOTD Special Edition Consistency Patches now. Some of the esp files get merged with Weapons & Armor Merge ... however other files are not. Shouldn't the ones to be merged be added to a separate folder (as done by other mods) ?   The way it is the parent mod cannot be disabled as is done with other merges !

they can be merged but with Merge Plugin you need to unesl them but with zMerge don't. I have created a merge that is available on Discord at the moment. When we Switch to zMerge i will probably add the merge just trust my madness.

You know, I have to ask...

I thought this guide was pretty reasonable, until I realized that a "core" part of the guide is giving every woman in Skyrim giant bolt-on tits

Just... why?

Cos it better then a vanilla body and UNPB is better then CBBE.

Whoo boy. I haven't modded Skyrim in almost two years and that was just the basics, no merged patches, no wrye, no dyndolod..just NMM and TESVEdit haha. I just finished the guide and God damn..it actually all worked on the first try. I'm so excited to be back in this world again. I just wanted to clarify a few things before I start my journey on a broken save:

1. I have 2 errors and 60 warnings in LOOT. Almost all of the warnings are about compatibility patches and a few about dirty edits that weren't mentioned int he guide, so I can ignore them, but the two errors are for Immersive Citizens being incompatible with Dawnstar.esp from Arthmoor and Relationship Dialogue Overhaul not being compatible with AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp. I can only assume this is accounted for and can be ignored, but I just want to be sure I didn't do something wrong. Other than that, my load order seems stellar.

Can't help specifically with the other ones (well, re: 2, I have a different UNP-based, albeit not bodyslide one, and haven't been having any troubles FWIW).

But for point 1:

https://forum.step-project.com/topic/13092-lexys-legacy-of-the-dragonborn-special-edition/page-422?do=findComment&comment=225456

Edit: also Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul.esp and Dawnstar.esp are actually OK together so ignore LOOT. RDO and IAFT are ok cos i sorted conflicts

So looks like the first one is just because of some behind-the-scene stuff with the mod owners, and the second one is okay explicitly because of one of the patches we have installed.

I'm encountering a weird issue, and I'm wondering if anyone else has seen it.   Every so often acts like it ctd, but if I wait a few seconds it comes right back.   I can usually still hear the sound of the game while this happens.  It's not a game ending crash, but it's weird.

The January 7 build seems more stable to me than the previous build, although it could be that I made a mistake with the previous build which was rectified during the update. I'm still getting occasional crashes but they happen after ~20 minutes of running around at 2x speedmult so I imagine it could be a script overload or something that wouldn't happen regularly during normal gameplay (although it would still be nice to get rid of it).

One thing I did notice is that when transitioning between cells, instead of simply switching from the LOD to the full tree models, they seem to flicker back and forth rapidly (and very noticeably) before settling on the full models. This didn't happen before the update - does this seem like an ini problem or a mistake during tree LOD installation/generation?

Hey, guys have pushed through all my latest changes to the Nexus build so those of you using that check the changelog. This Completes Phase 2 of my planned updates Phase 3 will be zMerge.

Hi Lexy,

This is probably a shot in the dark but how much longer do you plan on updating the guide?

I know there is a stable version but I am just curious on when things will be wrapped up as far as frequent updating.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Lexy,

This is probably a shot in the dark but how much longer do you plan on updating the guide?

I know there is a stable version but I am just curious on when things will be wrapped up as far as frequent updating.

Thanks in advance!

well, the guide will be an ever-changing constantly evolving monster there is no end date just like the modding community.

If are asking when best to start I would wait to until at least after my next update cos I plan to switch from using Merge plugins Standalone to using zMerge.

well, the guide will be an ever-changing constantly evolving monster there is no end date just like the modding community.

If are asking when best to start I would wait to until at least after my next update cos I plan to switch from using Merge plugins Standalone to using zMerge.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I will wait for your next update to be complete before I start the guide.

BTW, how much different is the stable version than the WIP version? Would you say the stable version is "outdated" or lacks some of the highlights of the WIP?

Thanks again~!

Thanks for the suggestion.

I will wait for your next update to be complete before I start the guide.

BTW, how much different is the stable version than the WIP version? Would you say the stable version is "outdated" or lacks some of the highlights of the WIP?

Thanks again~!

There this actually no difference between the STEP version and Nexus version only real difference is will always update STEP first then a few days later push changes through.

Ok, so I figured out the issue with the eyes. Either theres a step missing from the guide, or I just dont understand how to merge right. It was my understanding that after merging the plugins, you uncheck them from the left pane. That's what the guide says to do, unless otherwise stated. So once I made the Faces Merged, I unchecked Improved Eyes. Turns out my issue was the lack of meshes and textures for that mod, since it was unchecked. I had to remove the esp and then check it to get my eyes working.

So what was my issue here? Was the guide supposed to say that or did I understand about unchecking the original mod wrong? Whatever issues I have now are probably due to the same issue. I'll go through all of my merged mods and make sure to remove the esp and check them if there are other files in there besides the esp.

After you have created a merge you can uncheck the mod in the left pane. It sounds like Merge plugins didn't copy the assets correctly

This; https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/21436 looks like it could be a great addition to the guide.

I finished the guide, it is amazing and I'm looking forward to a playthrough. The game looks beautiful and the guide is a masterpiece if you have the time and patience for modding. I'm waiting to do an actual playthrough till after the next guide update. For now I'm just testing things and adding in a few mods I prefer like visible weapons, and the like. Thanks again Lexy!